Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixti

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:00 am
I just remembered that there's an Asian food mart near the supermarket back home, and I know they have jasmine tea. This means I'll be trying that jasmine tea limeade in the near future. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:52 am
Green Tea Watermelon smoothie

1c silken tofu
2t Matcha
1/2 c chilled green tea
4c Water melon- seedless of course
and 2 ice cubes.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Green Tea Watermelon smoothie

1c silken tofu
2t Matcha
1/2 c chilled green tea
4c Water melon- seedless of course
and 2 ice cubes.

What is the purpose of the tofu?  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:32 am
Went tea shopping today.
I bought some green tea by a brand called 'clipper'. I'm a green tea convert. 3nodding  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:19 am
patch99329

Thickens and adds protein.

Yummy stuff. I don't use a lot of tofu, but where I use it is typically unexpected.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:11 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329

Thickens and adds protein.

Aha, I assumed it was for thickening. ^_^
I've never had tofu.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:47 pm
patch99329

Aha, I assumed it was for thickening. ^_^
I've never had tofu.
It's a nice protein medium, and it balances the sweetness well.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 am
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
MagickSlushii
Hmm....I wonder. The crap they call refrigerated green tea at school...I bet its made 100% artificial. XD
It's likely tea- just very bad tea.
Tea's dirty little secret: I actually drink Arizona Green Tea now and then.
Quote:
Whats the worst tea you can find?
"London Cuppa". I swear, it was made to punish me.

Oh so tempted to bring over some of the worst I've found.
Freeze dried own brand. Yuck.

Wing! Ewww, seriously??? Urgh, that's a hideous thought.

Also. The green tea in Wagamamas is lovely, but there's a tea shop in Temple Bar (Dublin's cultural quarter) that sells even nicer. Remind me to bring you there. They have a 2 or 3 page menu of different types of teas and tisanes, and you can buy bags of the top ten sellers.

TeaDidikai: Wow. I have a lot to learn about teas and tisanes. And I have a question. What is flowering tea?  

niamhybeag

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 am
niamhybeag

TeaDidikai: Wow. I have a lot to learn about teas and tisanes. And I have a question. What is flowering tea?
Flowering or Blooming teas are tea leaves that are tied together in a special way so that when they are introduced to hot water they open up in much the same way rolled "pearl" teas do.

They typically come as greens and whites (and jasmine/flavored versions there of).

I quite like them myself. I have a special tea pot I use for them that when full provides a rather beautiful presentation through the globe-shaped glass.

They don't decaffeinate as well as loose leaf, but they are a great way to try quality tea without having to invest in tea service.

This is one of my favorites.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 am
Oooh cool! I wonder if I can find them in Ireland...

When I heard the phrase it reminded me of what happens when you make a lavender infusion. The dried flowers swell up enough that the petals re-emerge, it looks so pretty!

(edited to add: It packs quite a punch too! A little pinch of lavender is enough for half a teapot's worth )  

niamhybeag

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:21 am
niamhybeag

When I heard the phrase it reminded me of what happens when you make a lavender infusion. The dried flowers swell up enough that the petals re-emerge, it looks so pretty!

(edited to add: It packs quite a punch too! A little pinch of lavender is enough for half a teapot's worth )
Wouldn't know. I'm allergic to lavender.

Do you have any idea what a pain in the a** it is to hang out with so many pagans and be allergic to lavender?!  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:00 pm
Our wedding is going to have soooo much lavender. My fiance loves the smell (and my fiancee and I are fond of it as well, so it works out). Our color also happens to be lavender, which is convenient. We'll have lavender infused lemonade as an alternative to alcohol (I don't imbibe) and the flower girl will be tossing lavender. I would be so sad if I was allergic, it's one of my favorite tastes and scents.

Blooming teas are so pretty, and they make great presents. Some, however, are tied more for aesthetics than taste. Still, they're so much fun, and people are so fascinated with them, that I think it's worth it. It always makes people curious. I wish I had a glass teapot.

I have a recipe for Earl Grey sorbet. However, it was way too sweet when I made it. I don't really know enough about sorbets to alter the recipe myself. Does anyone know if I can just cut the sugar in half and still come out with something tasty?  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:44 pm
MoonJeli
Our wedding is going to have soooo much lavender. My fiance loves the smell (and my fiancee and I are fond of it as well, so it works out). Our color also happens to be lavender, which is convenient. We'll have lavender infused lemonade as an alternative to alcohol (I don't imbibe) and the flower girl will be tossing lavender. I would be so sad if I was allergic, it's one of my favorite tastes and scents.
I'd die. That is enough lavender to kill me. eek
Quote:

Blooming teas are so pretty, and they make great presents. Some, however, are tied more for aesthetics than taste. Still, they're so much fun, and people are so fascinated with them, that I think it's worth it. It always makes people curious. I wish I had a glass teapot.
Top Foods around here has one on sale for $20.

The Tea Shop I was talking about in the Market itself has some lovely blooming teas.

Quote:
I have a recipe for Earl Grey sorbet. However, it was way too sweet when I made it. I don't really know enough about sorbets to alter the recipe myself. Does anyone know if I can just cut the sugar in half and still come out with something tasty?
If you share- I'll play with it and see what I can do.

You may need to cut it with something rather than removing sugar.

I do have a recipe for Earl Grey Ice cream however.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:21 pm
TeaDidikai
MoonJeli
If you share- I'll play with it and see what I can do.

You may need to cut it with something rather than removing sugar.

I do have a recipe for Earl Grey Ice cream however.

3 cups water
1 1/2 Tablespoons Earl Grey tea leaves
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Bring water to a boil, remove from heat. Add tea leaves. Let steep for 5 minutes or longer. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add lemon juice and chill well for 1 hour or more, then pour into an ice cream or sorbet maker. Or pour into a metal bowl in the freezer and stir well with a whisk every 5 minutes. After about 30 minutes, you'll have a good slush and can let it finish freezing. Serve with fresh berries or tuberous begonia blossoms.

It was so sweet I couldn't eat it. :/ Smelled fantastic, though.  

MoonJeli

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 am
TeaDidikai
niamhybeag

Wouldn't know. I'm allergic to lavender.

Do you have any idea what a pain in the a** it is to hang out with so many pagans and be allergic to lavender?!

Dude. That's awful! I can imagine it is a huuuge pain in the a**.

My mam is a big fan of lavender, I reared to use it for everything. Got a headache? Lavender. Spots? Lavender. A chest infection? etc., etc.,

So are there any alternatives you can use?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff