Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Disentoxification: 33 lb! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Failure wtf?
  Yes plz
  No wai!
View Results

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:21 pm
eek gah that's horrible. You're right, very lucky it wasn't in an intersection or anything.

I often don't eat before i walk my dogs in the morning... tends to make me lazy and not want to go out. But can't compare a mile walk with a long bike ride to work. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:38 pm
It's only hard physical exercise. I climbed a huge hill way too fast once before this and got it. Only I didn't know what was happening, so it was REALLY bad. I got on the bus and nearly passed out and thought I was going to die.  

Lady Schist

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:57 pm
when i was in middle school i used to be anorexic and passed out going down the stairs.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:04 am
Eek that's horrible (for both of you guys to experience)! I'm so glad you're okay.  

Starlurk

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:42 pm
Yeah, it's good to be ok.

@ soi, how is your relationship with food at this point, if you don't mind me asking? I have a few friends that were anorexic in school, and the effects are still with them, even years later. (I'm *not* trying to offend you,) I just know that this sort of thing stays with you.

SO! On to an entry.

Pretty much today I've only had Carrot Sezchuan soup and foccacia, coffee and tea.... and it's REALLY filling, so I haven't gotten hungry yet, but I'll hopefully have some quinoa or a veggie burger (I loves them!) later.

I had a good day today overall. There were two bad bits, but I'll get to those in a minute. So, I rode down to go to yoga, and that was good, yoga was good, I went to lunch with my friend and then went down to the tea shop to give the lady there a brocheure from our yoga studio. I'm hoping that we can become friends because she's VERY nice. ^^ She gave me some ginseng green tea! After that I walked around to all my favourite places and then I had coffee and drew a picture. So coming out, I go to unlock my bike.

The key snaps off in the lock. WHAT A PIECE! I've had it for like... two and a half weeks! WTF. I managed to get my bike unlocked though THANK GOD. So I figure I'll take it back and go "wtf" and they'll go "omg no reciept! gtfo!" and I'll never let peter buy me anything from Canadian tire again.

So I'm riding along, and I come to train tracks. They were running diagonally along with me, so my bike tire got caught in the tracks, and not only did I fall, I ripped my waterproof pants, then I realized that I had bent part of my gear system. The little gear that hangs down from the back? It bent right into my spokes. I'm SO unhappy.

It will cost probably around 100$ to fix, and that's REALLY not as bad as I thought it would be, hopefully I can get it fixed and ready to ride in two days or so, and thank GOD I have some money on my credit card.

And I intend to not ever screw up with train tracks like that again. I'm running perpendicular onto EVERYTHING from now on.

*stabs train locomotives*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 am
it's a good relationship..maybe too good lol  

Soi Tsuba

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:08 pm
That's good.

So, I calculated out how many calories I should be eating in a day, I believe it goes * your weight * X 10, + your weight again. The theory being that to eat more will make you gain and less will make you loose, we all know the drill. By that logic.

220 X 10 + 220 is 2480 calories.

So, today I've had some wicked fiberiferous instant oatmeal. I add like... two tablespoons of flax and some raisins.

... and then instead of the healthy lunch I had planned I got really unhappy and craved salt, so I snacked on a bag of rice chips (a big one. ;_; ) all through my shift at work. (I also had a few oreos and sesame snaps).

What I intend to have for dinner, (how can you tell I walked home in the rain?!)

Chipotle lime mashed yam.
Spicy savoy cabbage.
Roasted, stuffed acorn squash. : D ^^

I'm not sure how far I'll get on that.... I really want this dinner, but a) I'm lazy, and b) I need to use up some of the tofu sitting in my fridge.

So we'll see.

I passed on the cabbage, that'll be tomorrow. The squash and yam was AWESOME.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:53 am
I went to bed just before 9 yesterday and woke up at my regular time. How can you tell I don't get a lot of sleep usually, but I feel great now, well, a little tired, but that's because I overslept.

I was figuring, and I decided that the best ways to loose weight permanently is a combination of things.

Get more sleep, people who get less than seven hours sleep per night (that's me for most of my life) gain weight. I'm going to start getting to bed at ten thirty or eleven when I wake at 7.

Find something you love to do that is exercise. Because after you loose the weight you either exercise at the gym which you hate forever, or you do something you love and it helps you stay the way you want to be. I've got that covered. I love biking! But what's more is that I want to be fit enough to do all the things that I've always wanted, I've been a physical extremist in a fat person's body for so long. So much out of spite (for my dad when he refused to take me skiing with my brothers because we didn't have enough money, when we did I refused to go with him) for other things too, like the thought that if I couldn't do one extreme thing, I shouldn't do any.

The things I love to do now, are: Biking, mountain biking, kayaking, hiking. I'll admit I haven't been mountain biking or hiking yet, and I can never afford to rent a kayak, but those are things that are available to me, summer things, and I intend to do them.

The things I want to do are: Surfing, surf kayaking, mountain climbing, and team sports, like rugby and soccer.

And of course the last thing is that you change your eating habits.

My bathroom scale is either on the fritz or it's telling me I've lost more weight. It says 217.  

Lady Schist

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:51 am
Wow! That's great congratulations! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 pm
Well thank you, but it's probably just my scale being my scale. ._.

So, today!

Fitness: Nothing so far. I hope to either get my bike back, or walk halfway home from work again. (4k!)

Eating:
An apple.
Some mashed chipotle yam. (I'll be having this until I eat it all, I don't think peter likes it. ._.)
A sip of fresca before I realized it was DISGUSTING. Oh well, it cut the spicy burny feeling after yam.
Lots of tea.

Half a bag of chips,
Some chocolate,
WAY too much spaghetti.
Jelly beans. HOLY COW.

So. My bike won't be fixed for a week and a half. I went on a short walk. But I don't think that's enough.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:22 am
I ate WAY too much yesterday. WAY too much. Blujhg. But! I can feel good because that's the first time in a while I've done that. So I'm not going to feel too bad about it, and I'm going to leave that in the past.

I got up and did some cleaning, what I plan to do is:

Some of the core exercises from yoga.
A run.

I really want to get better at running, and then learn some proper swim strokes and then get my swimming endurance up, so that someday I can enter a triathlon.

That's my eventual goal. Probably nothing like Iron man... although I could happily be one of the old fogeys that staggers across the finish line before half the youngsters. That would make me happy.

I've had an apple and some coffee today.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Well. That was a bad weekend for overeating, eating late at night, and generally being unhealthy! GOODNESS! I'm *so* much worse when I'm not working and busy! It feels like every freaking week I take a look at myself, center and reorganize after falling *apart* diet wise.

I've decided to take a page from the jains, and I'm not eating after 7:30 pm unless I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Though, I picked up some teas today, one's for detox, the other's for sleep. The brand is nice, I *almost* picked up their slimming tea... but I chickened out, though the guy at the asian market probably thinks I'm a whale anyway (he's very nice)

But either way, I figured that because I'm not riding my bike, my calorie output is totally low, so I should try doing my detox now.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 am
I *really* didn't eat late at night last night! Hell, I didn't eat after 7:30 because I was still content from what I ate at 2pm. (Overate a bit) I went for a walk too late at night.

Today, I've had a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana sliced on it... and I'm looking at the other piece thinking I'm going to give it to peter... well. I might eat it. I don't know. I've got my detox tea and I'm feelin good.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 am
Wow. Me and alcohol do NOT mix. I overate and drank an entire bottle of Crown royal in an hour and a half. What happened to the detox idea?!

Ok. Back on track, hopefully.

I find that I'm more prone to overeat and do nothing if my house is messy. Odd correlation but I can't let cleaning distract me from the test I have to study for.

I think that I decided that my first tattoo isn't going to be the applesnake symbol, it's going to be a small bold text on my wrist, left. "Don't Want; DO." I feel like I slip into 'wanting to loose weight' too often, I stop doing, and start idylly wishing.

I've decided I'm going to write down every good thing I do in my weight loss journey. I'm also going to strive for five good things a day. I'll start now.

I didn't buy chips or candy today.
I ate a good breakfast.
I stuck to my lunch that I brought to work.
I walked to and from the grocery store.
I bought healthy things.
I ate a healthy snack after.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:41 am
I missed friday and saturday because well. I don't know.

I'm having this problem where I'm getting motivated and unmotivated and motivated and unmotivated.

I'm *still* eating late at night, no matter what I try to do to stop it and I have to stop staying up late. I just have to. That's the catalyst, if I'm awake later than midnight, I'm overeating.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff