Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form
Bored as normal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:04 am
Even with all that about Amanda out in the open, you can't blame Gaston for trying. Besides it makes that vein in Methos' head twitch a bit.

Nonetheless, he's off at the bar, talking with Joe now. Dawson seemed a decent enough guy at first, but the question he asks about playing with soul shows just how much he cares about the music he allows to be played in his bar. That gives him a few extra respect points from Gaston, which earns him a rare answer with no sarcasm.

"I don't play too often mind, at least not in public." Gaston responds. "But there ain't no way to play this kind of music WITHOUT soul. You give me five minutes up there, and we can let the music do the talking...you won't be disappointed."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:27 am
She about rolled her eyes at that, "Yeah, took a course or three dealing with all that, I like the culture, it amuses me. They do removed all the organs they can, including the brain, which has got to be painful, and through the nose, on the nice side they packed the person's nose with smell good s**t?" So maybe that wasn't a bright side really if the person was dead. "Lots and lots of steps though, you know what happened to the dude?"

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 am
"You took classes dealing with something like that? Real classes? Not something I'd expect from you." He wasn't trying to be rude, she just didn't come off as a person to care about such things, things like history from a really long time ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:40 am
She sighed and pulled her chair back out to plop into, "Yeah well it's a rare thing that's interesting to me, and it's not so much the history as much as I like the culture, so bite me." She'd even been to egypt once, just to see everything, though her and sad really didn't get along and that trip was why she even hated beaches now, damned sand got everywhere.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:27 pm
"The pharaoh never had a chance to recover from the poisoning," Methos continued. "In that African heat, you have to work fast when someone dies."

Especially if you don't want the nasty b*****d to recover, he thought, a faint smile curving his lips as he remembered sending servants running for the priests almost before Djer gasped his last.

"By the time he would have been recovering from the poison," he continued, "or so the story goes, he was already slit down the middle and missing several important organs necessary for life. Especially his heart. So he stayed dead. His organs were placed in jars, his brains scrambled and pulled out through his nose, the whole works. Then he was wrapped, placed in his sarcophagus, given his ceremonial walking papers to the afterlife." His glanced up, eyes glittering with mystery. "But he was Immortal. And he still had his head."

Meanwhile, Jim was grinning back at Gaston as he came around the bar. "Tim and the boys are just finishing their set," he said. "I'll introduce ya."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:36 am
"Ah, well that answered most of the question at lest." If that at all threw her off or bothered her it sure didn't show and it most likely didn't phase her all that much to be truthful. Tucking her hair behind an ear she thought it over a second before shrugging, "Creepy."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:25 am
Where as Mat was looking a cross between grossed out and highly disturbed, he shook his head at the topic, "How...nice." What else was he to say to that? He shook his head again and stood, "I'm gonna get another beer, either of you want something?"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Gaston is probably happy he's not hearing Methos regale the young 'uns with tales of Egyptian weirdness...he's gotten hints that his mentor has had a checkered past, but doesn't really need the details. Gaston minds his business, and Methos minds his...it's a good deal thus far.

Meanwhile, Gaston offers Joe a handshake as the older (by looks, anyway) man comes around the bar. "You're a gentleman and a scholar, Dawson. Lead on."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 pm
"Actually, that didn't answer your question at all," Methos said, "though I agree on the creepiness." To Mat he said, "If you're going, I'd like another beer, thanks."

Continuing, he said, "So, the legend goes, this Immortal pharaoh lay in his tomb under the sand, a dry unknowing dead husk for centuries. But all the while his organs were regenerating. His Immortality was finding a way to exist, waiting for the day when someone would uncover his tomb, flood his new lungs with air, and return him to the Game."

"Some folks would argue both points with you," Joe chuckled, as the band stepped down from the stage. "Tim, this here is Gaston Marceau. He wants to ask you a favour. Gaston, this is Timothy Jones."

Tim Jones was a tall, almost skeletal, black man of indeterminate age, with skin so dark it was almost ebony. He had a wide smile, and his teeth flashed as he took Gaston's hand against his broad calloused palm. "Please to meet you, Mr. Marceau," he said.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 pm
Kali blinked at that, "That just makes it creepier, regrow organs, ug, the lot of you is creepily amusing." She had to pause a moment to glance to Mat, "If you can, rum and coke." She answered with a shrug, might as well since she wasn't going anywhere then went back to talking to Adam, "Can uou imaging some poor person finding him? Gah."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 am
Inexplicably, Methos shuddered. "Now, that would be creepy. Might be the basis for all those Hollywood mummy movies."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:58 am
Gaston chuckled a bit at Dawson's response. "I have the same problem, sometimes...especially with Adam."

At any rate, he eagerly gives Jones' hand a firm shake. "Good to meet you too, Mr. Jones. I have to say, I really enjoyed your guys' music tonight. I play a little myself now and again, and was hoping you'd let me sit in for a bit, and do a number or two with you. It'd be an honor..."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm
She gave a small laugh at that, "You never know with hollywood, it is fully possible, then again I would think the person that found them would either have cracked or been killed once the dude regained life." Made her rethink movies like 'The Mummy' though, none the less she gave a small shrug, "Okay, thanks for the info."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:29 pm
Approaching the bar Mat had to roll his eyes, rather happy he was missing whatever odd topic they were likely to move on to, "Cracked I swear they are."  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:09 am
Tim's eyes flickered to Joe briefly, but his smile never wavered. "If Dawson will join us," he said in his husky whiskey voice, "I'd rather enjoy that, Mr. Marceau. What do you play?"

Methos relaxed in his chair and shrugged a shoulder at Kali. "Well, you did ask," he said nonchalantly, expertly keeping himself from giving away how amused he was. His cell phone rang.

"Pierson," he answered. "Oh, there you are! Mac, you were supposed to meet me at Joe's, remember?"  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff