Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tailos-teichou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:00 am
whapcapn
Hee hee, yes indeed.
I love Apeman...

Alas, Dire Straits still pwns me. And Brian Adams, but he's not British. *Shoos him offstage*

Heh. I loved that concert; it was awesome, and really downplayed a lot of the "new talent". Atomic Kitten in a few years? Bah, I really doubt it. x)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:10 am
Hasn't anyone mentioned David Bowie yet? :O  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Tailos-teichou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:15 am
The famed Glam Rock icon. x_o Oh how I'd love to forget you, Bowie.

Ziggy Stardust, Rebel Rebel and Gene Genie pwns. That's all I liked of his music. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:21 am
Tailos
Ziggy Stardust, Rebel Rebel and Gene Genie pwns. That's all I liked of his music. =/

Ziggy Stardust is pretty fantastic.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:08 am
Tailos
whapcapn
Hee hee, yes indeed.
I love Apeman...

Alas, Dire Straits still pwns me. And Brian Adams, but he's not British. *Shoos him offstage*

Heh. I loved that concert; it was awesome, and really downplayed a lot of the "new talent". Atomic Kitten in a few years? Bah, I really doubt it. x)

I thought Bryan Adams' parents moved from the UK to Canada when he was very young? Or did I misunderstand?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:16 am
*is playing Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden*

biggrin

Thankyou Illy!

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:04 pm
Invictus_88
*is playing Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden*

biggrin

Thankyou Illy!

~sweeps a bow~ Always a pleasure, never a chore wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:21 pm
As far as I was aware, Brian Adams is Canadian. I never did a background check on him, though. =/

(Iron Maiden are fairly good. Some great songs, some really bad ones.)  

Tailos-teichou

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:29 pm
LED ZEPPLIN.
http://tinyurl.com/42xlo
We want a guild for it. Help us please!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:23 pm
i like elton john's first album. but his new stuff is just weird.  

MellowYetPsycho

50ny4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:14 pm
That's becuase American bands (i swear) only know one bloody way to sing...pop (don't get me wrong, there are some great bands but they usually aren't pure american or they are a fluke and should of been British)

that being said: Queens, Beatles, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Led Zepplin (were they really british..that's it i'm like so in a daze right now), Sex Pistols, U2 (before they became americanized) and The Kinks

there is probably like a thousand more but for right now that is all i could come up with.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:41 am
to be totally honest, i think britain has let itself down in the past 10 years. i, been one who was raised surounded by vinyl records from the likes of the beatles, queen and many more. believe that sometimes britain has come up with some really shite stuff! thats right i said shite stuff!

i mean Steps! Abba Teens! what are u on!!!!
and lately all that seems to be topping the charts are these nasty club anthems that all sound the same!

i for one have given up on british music, i only listen to a few like the killers, keane stuff that is starting to sound very much the same! but i tent to stay far away now (invictus_88 should know i have great taste in music so take my advice seriously!)

until i hear somthing worth listening to other than some nasty chav music! i will sip my tea and listen to billy talent and biffy clyro(who may actually be british)and other artists.

anyways thats all i have to say!...for now!

fwikin

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:09 pm
fwikin: Good music is still around, you just have to stop looking for it in the wrong place. If you hate everything that's in the charts then start looking into indie music and bands that don't chart well but produce good music. Honestly, I think most mainstream music is bad pretty much everywhere; the music industry is commercial, this means that producers will inevitably try to make money from safe investments, artists that sound the same and artists that appeal to mostly everybody; most people are not all that serious about music and just want something catchy to dance to.

This is probably the entire reason that alternative music popped up, before it became mainstream (paradox!). Of course, all this isn't to say that there isn't good music in the mainstream but that, like you said, a lot of it is currently very disappointing.

50ny4: I thought that U2 were Irish?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:00 pm
i guess u have a point there 3nodding  

fwikin

Shrim Galanos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:25 pm
Queen, Pink Floyd and the Beatles. Enough said.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff