Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Gaians... show your faces! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoutout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:45 pm
I wasn't in scouts.

I just helped steal a picnic table from St Aiden's college (right across the other end of Durhma) brought it back and stashed it in the room of someone in St Cuthbert's society. I'm now apparently a legend in Cuths. promoting the good name of St John's. Yay!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:50 am
BlackTape For A Blue Girl
It seems like a lot of boys over in England were in the scouts, even my fiancee was. o.O

Yeah, less-so now I think. The rules are getting too strict, it's harder and harder to risk your life nowadays.

Doesn't stop us though!

Invictus_88
Captain

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:54 am
Invictus_88
It seems like a lot of boys over in England were in the scouts, even my fiancee was. o.O

Yeah, less-so now I think. The rules are getting too strict, it's harder and harder to risk your life nowadays.

Doesn't stop us though!

What does the life of a common English boy scout consist of? smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:02 am
Knightsedge
Invictus_88

Doesn't stop us though!

Acronyms...*mutters*  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:09 am
whapcapn
Knightsedge
Invictus_88

Doesn't stop us though!

Acronyms...*mutters*

question

When I was in Scouts it was mostly just outdoor survival, camping, tracking games, and earning badges for certain tasks. There were no trips to America or anything like that.

And I know what you mean about the rules... One of the reasons why I left was because it was getting too controlled. xp It wasn't always like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:09 am
Knightsedge
Invictus_88

Doesn't stop us though!

Kicking a** and taking names..

lol, really. I don't know about the common boy scout. I've always been a Sea Scout, something of an elite in the Scout Association. We hold most qualifications, have military links and are the only section to still do marching drill and formal boat drill.

I use the SA as an insurance-base for my expedtions. I'm fully qualified but because of my age I'd only just be able to start doing expeditions now in other organisations. In the scouts went of my first expedition when I was 12 and led one just after my 14th birthday. That was a Thames river-trip for three days and one crewman nearly got hypothermia. I learned a lot about people and kit that trip!

Since then I've led too many expeditions to count and completed a 12day (the requirement was ten) river expedition in France on the Loire as part of the Explorer-Belt.

*shrug*

Now I'm old, I am the chairman of the only nautical scout network in the south-west and planning a ten day jaunt on the river Mayenne for as many crew as we have cars, boats and tentage for!

Invictus_88
Captain

LLT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:14 pm
That's why I loved growing up in the middle of the woods. I just learned everything the hard way like how to pick out tea leaves and blue berries from poisonous plants. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:13 pm
That's why I loved growing up in the middle of the woods. I just learned everything the hard way like how to pick out tea leaves and blue berries from poisonous plants. whee
Those must have been good times... wink 3nodding  

TheLoneBassist46

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:50 am
Hmm, what the devil..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:39 am
Candy_Matthews46

TBH, I loved it. whee

I lived right next to a lake so I could aways go fishing and swimming too.  

LLT

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:36 am
Invictus_88
Hmm, what the devil..

WTF! eek

It's times like these I am almost GLAD Myles doesn't trawl the threads in here.... sweatdrop

Rar...heehee  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:38 am
illyrianth
Invictus_88
Hmm, what the devil..

WTF! eek

It's times like these I am almost GLAD Myles doesn't trawl the threads in here.... sweatdrop

Rar...heehee

HAHAHAHA! Bloody nice piccies! xd

Who did the drawings? biggrin  

Knightsedge
Crew

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:32 am
Knightsedge

HAHAHAHA! Bloody nice piccies! xd

Who did the drawings? biggrin

As I recall, she's called Kisslee....~shakes head~ Invi hijacked entirely the wrong thread there.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:41 pm
LLT
Candy_Matthews46

TBH, I loved it. whee

I lived right next to a lake so I could aways go fishing and swimming too.

Wow, I wish I could have that freedom... Although, with me being in Japan, I could always go to the ocean xd  

TheLoneBassist46

Slightly Eccentric

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:55 pm
User Image

I should get round to making some better pictures. xD

Im' still in awe of Autographs picture. :3 0o;

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games