Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:13 pm
Oh and here are the current first ones modified.

Council: holds the key of order. Equip Defense and protection based.
Item: Council badge: E1, nullify one normal attack each round
Make: defense items

Skills
Protect: CP1, prevent 2 damage of any type to any other character per a combat per a CP in this skill.
Potion +2: CP1, +2 slots on potion belt, can only be purchased once.
Throw Weapon: CP2, use an equipped item that only has bonus to attack, gain 3x its normal bonus for one attack, the item is not usable for the rest of this combat.
Guardian: CP 4, any damage reduction available to the character (combat die for defense, abilities and ext.) using this skill can be transferred over to another party member each round of combat. The type of damage reduced does not change.
Throw potion: 3 CP, you may use a potion you are carrying on another member of the party.

Church of the Divine Mother: Holds the key of faith. Buff and Support based.
Item: Spell Heal
Make: potions

Skills
Buff Support: CP1, at the beginning of combat increase any stat (excluding life and equip) for any one other character by the number of points you have in this ability till end of combat.
Transfer Life: CP2, every round you can transfer any amount of life you wish to any number of players. The life you transfer must still be available at the end of the round (you cannot transfer life you would have lost during that round of combat) and you cannot reduce your own life to less than 1.
Divine shield: CP 2, for every one MP you use place a divine shield charge on any one other character. The charge will completely stop all damage dealt to the character from the next source of damage.
Touch of Faith: CP2, once per round, you may remove any negative status affect from a member of your party. This effect takes place at the end of the round.
Healing aura: 1CP, all health gains (Besides temporary hit points) are increased by 1 point of Hp, for every point in this ability. You can place up to five points in this ability.

Token Creators: Holds the summoner key. Token and Creation based.
Item: Mist Beast Token (Die c 3/3)
Make: tokens

Skills
Quick Clone: CP 1, duplicate a token out on the field under your control for one round (ability can be used one time per a quest per a point in ability)
Sacrifice Creature: CP4, destroy a token you have out to gain its CP worth of MP and AP mixed anyway you choose.
Convert: CP 1, turn a monster you defeated into a token, the total CP worth of monsters that can be transformed this way per a quest is equal to 2x your CP in this ability.
Loyalty: CP 6, all tokens under your control can block normal attacks aimed against you once a round (per a token).
Token Belt: CP 1, you may carry to more tokens. Only purchasable once.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:02 am
For the Token guild, I like the sacrifice creature, but what about the opposite?

Animal Activist: CP4, At the end of a turn in which a token you controll would be destroyed, you may sacrifice any combination of MP and AP equal to the token's CP to instead have it unusable for the rest of the quest.  

-A M P-

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:58 pm
Two more organizations that aren't posted here have been made by Master_Of_Gladiators. I wasn't sure if everyone was aware of this before, but I just thought to inform you of this.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:11 pm
Hey! Are you telling on me? evil  

Master of Gladiators

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:14 pm
Nope, just was informing everybody of new info because I wasn't sure if everybody knew.

I think your organizations are very good, Master of Gladiators! My character, I think, might actually join one of yours! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:29 pm
I saw the some of the discussion about the blood dagger and I agree it probably needs to be nurfed. I don’t really have time to go back and read all that was said so I apologize if I’m just saying something that has already been said. But how about we make it so that you can only sac one HP for each life stat you have. So if your life was
Life: 5 (25)
You could only sac 5 HP per a round, or 1/5th your total life.
If someone had a good/better suggestion please say so and we can go with it. If not what do you think? (I have been thinking of fixing the blood dagger for awhile)  

FARGORE
Captain

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:42 pm
Here is another organization. If you have more suggestions for ability’s Please make them. Gerbo I like your token ability so I added it.

Lancers: Holds the key of power. Self Prevention and Reversal based.
Item: Lance: E5, +5 attack
Make: offensive items

Skills
Reflect: CP 4, use a combination of 3 AP/MP to reflect one select damage source directed at you this turn back at the original user.
Intangible: CP 8, one turn per a combat the character may become intangible and cannot be the target of anything, the character cannot act in anyway but does still gain AP/MP, regeneration and ext. for the turn as normal.
Absorb for Life: CP 3, one time per a quest you can negate an action or spell targeted at you and gain its AP/MP x 2 in life.
Absorb for Points: CP 3, one time per a quest you can negate an action or spell targeted at you and gain its AP/MP in AP/MP respectively.

I will try to post more tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:21 pm
That sounds like a good fix for the blood dagger to me.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:03 am
As Blood Sacrifice is basically the Demonic Sword's version of the Blood Dagger, the new ruling applies to it as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:32 am
Master of Gladiators
As Blood Sacrifice is basically the Demonic Sword's version of the Blood Dagger, the new ruling applies to it as well.
Should it apply to the Demonic Sword? The Demonic Sword already has a lot of bad stuff applied to it, like it can't be unequipped without an elixer and you lose 1 life per turn. I'm not sure if the blood dagger's rule should be applied to the demonic sword, unless the demonic sword comes into use by more people and is abused. Currently, it is not being abused by Vincent. Although he can hit VERY high damage with it (Max of 102), he has lost two PvP matches already.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:38 pm
lol He lost both those battles to Fury who beat him by applying the same blood dagger tactic. The restrictions on his sword should be the same as it is for the blood dagger, just as it is the same for the sword's Burnout.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:29 pm
But the demonic sword is a little different also in the way that you constantly lose life and have to deal damage to regenerate. So I think it should be restricted in PVP where what happens afterward does not matter but left alone for quests where it seems balanced. If you burn yourself out on a quest you will die so you’re naturally not going to do that.
(I leave the final decision on this up to Gladiators; I will support his final ruling on the matter.)  

FARGORE
Captain

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 pm
I would like to hear Vincent's take on this; ultimately it will be his character most affected, at least at this point. Ultimately, he can do 110 points of damage pre-defense with it as it currently stands. PvP is still a reflection of what you are capable of against a single Boss. So, tell us Vincent, do you think it is an unbalanced ability? ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:01 pm
FARGORE
But the demonic sword is a little different also in the way that you constantly lose life and have to deal damage to regenerate. So I think it should be restricted in PVP where what happens afterward does not matter but left alone for quests where it seems balanced. If you burn yourself out on a quest you will die so you’re naturally not going to do that.
(I leave the final decision on this up to Gladiators; I will support his final ruling on the matter.)

Like Fargore said, sacing all but 1 hp is just not practical in a fight where you stand to take some damage. And in a dungion you would either need a masive regeneration abuilitie or some how be able to heal your self or be healed by someone els. After all you can never be sertain that it was the last boss or enemy of the dungion till you have beaten it and the DM says it's over.

But if you all feel that it should be toned down you should make sure you don't weaken so mutch that it's not worth having.  

Firu Nicorusu

Heirophant_of_the_Broken
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:14 pm
Okay. So, I heard you all mighty beings of power needed my take on the demonic sword. I've read through the last bunch of posts on it, and here's what I think. PvP wise-way to overbalanced. I can't lose unless they have a pet, and that makes me pretty much immune to losing a PvP match. So, I believe the 1/5 rule should stay for PvP. However, in quests it is much more balanced. As Firu and FARGORE pointed out, that kind of massive hp sacking is a severe lack of judgement. It's just not practical in those kinds of situations. However, with someone who has the extra hp to spare (like I rarely do) then 1/5 may not be enough. So as far as quests go, the sword has more than enough limits on it that another limit on blood sacrifice makes the sword good, but not worth any of the many nasty side effects. So, to recap: PvP-1/5 max hp only, Questing-no limit. Ultimately, however, I'm only a player so I'll go by what the DM's have to say, but this is just my two cents.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff