Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Basics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:39 pm
Pray: I don't do banishing rituals. Why would I do a different one. You said EVERYONE should do it. We're telling you that for some of us, a CM ritual has no point whatsoever to us.

If you said that "one option might be" or "what I do is", then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Cu doesn't respond this way just anyone, just people who aren't seeing beyond their own ignorance.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm
PrayThatThisEnds
Second, just because you practice a path for a decade does not mean that other ways are not effected, and should not be tested.

Did you miss the whole Pizza analogy or are you just ignoring it because it is a contraindication you have no counter argument for?

PrayThatThisEnds
If somebodty asked me to try something, by hell, i'd do it.

Try going to the Great Circle at Beltany on Céad Samhain with an iron blade and ask the Sluadha Sídhe to come talk to you.
Try going to a synagogue and forcing pork down the mouth of a Rabbi.
Try going to a mosque and covering yourself in offal.

PrayThatThisEnds
The System itself is of no importance, only the contesxt.

The irony of this statement is distasteful.

PrayThatThisEnds
but since then do you refuse to not do something as simple as try a different banishign ritual?

Because it has no context in most paths.

PrayThatThisEnds
LVX,
Fr.L.e.L.

Éamonn Mac Chíaráin
Wing
Cú Annan
Sagart na nGael
Raging badass
Ard Mac Ríogh dÉirinn
Magus
He of the catlike grace
Cousin to the Craft
Guth Lochainne
Oracle
Treewalker
He who Aspects
Warder to Maynooth
Friend of the Stars  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

PrayThatThisEnds

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 pm
maenad nuri
Pray: I don't do banishing rituals. Why would I do a different one. You said EVERYONE should do it. We're telling you that for some of us, a CM ritual has no point whatsoever to us.

If you said that "one option might be" or "what I do is", then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Cu doesn't respond this way just anyone, just people who aren't seeing beyond their own ignorance.

I thought freedom of choice was implied in everything you do. I siad everyone should do it, but does that mean you actually have to do so, or debate it?

If people want to, they will. I still believe everyone should do it, but i can't control everyone, and i can't control with paths they choose to follow. And thats okay, nothing wrong with that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:08 pm
This is the rehab guild, we debate everything.

What it showed on your part, was a stunning display of ignorance of how non-CM paths and paganism works. Of course we are going to try to rectify that.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:19 pm
PrayThatThisEnds
the LBRP can be substitiued to fit your path, with whatever symbols you like.

In order to make it fit my path, I would have to remove every element of it that tied it to CM or thelema, any theistic element, any part of it that implied dominance over another being or implied dominance of another being over me. Among other adjustments.

Tell me, what makes the LBRP the LBRP? Because I'd be pretty damn sure that making it meet the philosophical and moral requirements of my path would make it not the LBRP anymore.

And then there's the fact that a banishing ritual has absolutely no place in Etherism. My rituals do have not an express goal like that. Their goal is to enable the direct expression of one's will, so making a separate ritual for a particular goal is beyond redundant and moronic in my path.

Quote:
But i don't see why everyone is so dense on NOT doing something that may benefit them.

I don't see why someone is so very dense as to think that methods incompatible or even destructive to a given culture or path are somehow beneficial to the people practicing in that given culture or path.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:56 pm
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
Not going to work tea, Hallal (thought I've always seen it spelled like halal) forbids the pigs. There goes bacon and sausage. And possibly anchovies, as some fish are forbidden.
Oh damnit. I'm thinking of Hallah.

~shakes fist~ Islamic version of Kosher. Got it.

In that case, a vegan-gluton free crust all around and the Hallal person can eat the vegan side too.

No, fraid not.
Contamination occurs between halves of the pizza when it cooks.
The oil in the cheese melts contaminating both sides with everything that's on either.

Yep - especially if you're dealing with something like lactose intolerance. It'll give the person a reaction anyway, even if they don't have the cheese side.  

error-dot-tar

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 pm
PrayThatThisEnds

Not if the people involved or the path is fundamentally against it.

Are you that thick?

Quote:
But i don't see why everyone is so dense on NOT doing something that may benefit them.

Because you're not listening.

Take your fingers out of your ears for once. It is not going to benefit them if they are fundamentally against it.

And for some of us, what use is a ritual that banishes things we don't even believe in? Because it's shiny? In which case, what would be different from any Satanic (or insert path of choice) ritual that accomplishes the same thing?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:11 pm
PrayThatThisEnds
As for the record, i still do not understand why some of you are so rigid - yes, follow a path, yes, do what you geel you must, seek after what the past masters sought, but since then do you refuse to not do something as simple as try a different banishign ritual?

Because we don't believe in them?

Quote:
I mean come on now. Its not like its going to curse your room for aeons because you dedicated it to some other pagan god.

Explain to me why the ******** an atheist would be performing a ceremony in dedication to deities they don't believe in.

And are we forgetting the there shall be no other god before me part that YHVH put forth? Don't you think he'd be a little pissed if someone that worshiped other gods performed a dedication ritual to him?

Quote:
After all, we never look at ourselves as the source of the problem/anger, we always blame others.

Careful with your blanket statements about that which you don't know. I know the sources of my anger.

That doesn't stop you from being full of s**t, and it doesn't stop me from telling you that.

Quote:
Myself included.

Well then where's the ******** problem? You obviously acknowledge that you're shifting the source of the problem onto someone else - why not stop and leave them be!

Quote:
Ignorance? Yes, I am ignorant of pagan paths, i am clearly CM magician. Nothign wrong with that, and god forbid i try to convince others to try something new here. I clearly have no knowledge of paganism, and do not know a few things about my own. What shame is there in that?

I think there is more shame in being quick to anger. Do you respond like this to everyone who suggests people try the LBRP?

Since you didn't listen when Tea told you the first time.

Not all of us are pagan.

Nor does being pagan mean that the rules in your fairy land applies to the lives of others, with their own paths with their own rules and beliefs and what have you.  

error-dot-tar

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 pm
PrayThatThisEnds

But, you know, do what you will... But i don't see why everyone is so dense on NOT doing something that may benefit them.

There are a shitload of reconstructionists of some degree crawling all over this guild.
You keep suggesting everyone should try this ritual, but it has no context, no place at all in our paths.

It would NOT be beneficial to those whom it is entirely irrelevant to. Especially if you take out all the symbolism and it's original religious context.

You've tried to convince people to try something new, people have decided not to because it is incompatible with their religious traditions. -Othershitexists- please be mindful of that, and move on. Stop making baseless generalizations because it makes you look willfully ignorant. If you aren't knowledgable about something, either be quiet or do a background check.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 pm
Damn. You know it's bad when Patch starts in.

Shall we get back on topic folks?

Anyone who is playing along at home tried the last exercise?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:08 pm
patch99329
There are a shitload of reconstructionists of some degree crawling all over this guild.
You keep suggesting everyone should try this ritual, but it has no context, no place at all in our paths.

It would NOT be beneficial to those whom it is entirely irrelevant to. Especially if you take out all the symbolism and it's original religious context.

You've tried to convince people to try something new, people have decided not to because it is incompatible with their religious traditions. -Othershitexists- please be mindful of that, and move on. Stop making baseless generalizations because it makes you look willfully ignorant. If you aren't knowledgable about something, either be quiet or do a background check.

Wing.increaseRespectFor("patch99329")

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:25 pm
PrayThatThisEnds

But, you know, do what you will... But i don't see why everyone is so dense on NOT doing something that may benefit them.

Proselytizing is not a good thing.

For the record.

Especially proselytizing which assumes and all but states that the objects of the proselytizing are ignorant or self-limiting.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Anyone who is playing along at home tried the last exercise?

I didn't try the last exercise, but I have been trying a lot with energy exercises, and I did a few readings (rune and Tarot) for friends the other day. I've also been working toward seeing auras more, but it often gives me eyestrain.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:42 pm
Deoridhe
I've also been working toward seeing auras more, but it often gives me eyestrain.
What kind of eyestrain?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:17 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
I've also been working toward seeing auras more, but it often gives me eyestrain.
What kind of eyestrain?

There is a slight burn along the inside corner of my eye, and an ache along the upper eyelash which sometimes leads to a headache. Occasionally, the glow becomes so bright I have difficulty seeing the world. I've learned I can turn THAT off by immersing my hands in flowing water.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff