Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:14 pm
Drakeoss Dragoon
hackexe
im starting out my tyranids army they look average but my hands shake really bad for some reason so its hard to paint em up

I've found that if you rest your wrist on the edge of the table your painting on it helps steady your hand, shaking hands run in my family so I've had to deal with it to

its also been found that doing this can lead to carple tunnel  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 am
the best Advice I can give people for large detailed projects is paint it in pices then put it together with this ork dread i painted the legs, torso, each arm, the boy, and the base all seperatly then I put them all together and this is the end result

User Image
User Image
trust me it makes it alot easyer to do so and you can really get into the details wink  

Drakeoss Dragoon

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:40 pm
Depending on the size of the model I find its easier to paint it in one fell swoop after modeling. Ie my DE warband works well like this because the only areas not painted are the back side of the sheild & the area between the feet  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:24 pm
any tips on making a pale mottled skin effect?  

ravener2759

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:37 pm
Reddemon
Depending on the size of the model I find its easier to paint it in one fell swoop after modeling. Ie my DE warband works well like this because the only areas not painted are the back side of the sheild & the area between the feet
Yeah I agree with him. I find it easier to have the model together than to paint each piece individually.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:11 pm
It depends on the model some i do peice by peice. Rank and file guardsmen get built, sprayed, and detailed  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know it's not very good. Character backstories are provided for the oddly colored models. The paint job on the Vyper's shuriken catapault is horrible and I have yet to correct it. The rest of the guys are left open ended with no detail or anything so they can be completed at a later point.

I was thinking about adding gold to the swooping hawks - maybe on a few 'feathers' of the wings. I also have to fix their bases sad

What do you think? apologies for the blurriness of some of the pics. Also, does anyone know of a good way to strip paint off of a model without damaging it?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:35 pm
Not bad really. If anyone is looking for a substitute for bleached bone'n your skulls after you apply chaos black use some elf flesh. It gives them the appearence of age & it makes em kinda dirty  

Reddemon

Andreis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:44 pm
The only suggestion I have thus far for anyone is burn marks and grunge. Either it be air intakes with crud on the fins, or an engine because it is hot and matter on it chars. It adds a nice used effect to certain models. It would also be nice to add some char to the barrel tip of weapons on some vehicles, and hell, maybe even a normal gun.
That's all I can think of as far as what seems to be the least used idea on models.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:01 pm
All of the races(but orks) take care of their stuff so whats the point really? Unless your doing it in a long campaign  

Reddemon

Andreis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:11 pm
Cause the weathered look rocks! xd
And I'm not joking, that is my favorite look for some futuristic stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:39 pm
Not too bad Nattfodd. I would offer that maybe you might like to consider learning to use inks. I think that it might make yourt mini's look a little snazzier.  

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

Dark Lore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:01 pm
Yahiko_Meogine
Reddemon
Yeah I agree with him. I find it easier to have the model together than to paint each piece individually.

With my own models or Shop ones for that matter i always paint in pieces. For my Flesh Tearers marines i assemble models minus heads, shoulder pads, backpaks and weapons (unless the weaponry does not obscure any part of the model)
If it is a character model such as Wurrzag as their head is separate i find it much easier to paint the head separatly from the rest of the model allowing me to paint the detail onto the neck area and other difficult areas that won't normally be seen but it gets at me if i don't do it!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:06 pm
Mostly this guild is based around 40k, but I must share my work!

I completed painting Minaithnir, Imrik's dragon recently and just got the pictures done. Some are blurry sadly.. but they are pretty good I guess.
Imrik himself.. well those are his legs, I need a new Torso and Arm.
sweatdrop
Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/IMG_0965.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/IMG_0964.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/IMG_0963.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/IMG_0961.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/IMG_0960.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/IMG_0959.jpg  

Andreis

wash_away

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:32 pm
beacuse there are never enough photo's in here.

User Image

User Image

User Image

I just converted this guy, what do you think?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff