Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Best things you can ever say as a Pagan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:52 pm
Haloquine

~ It has to feel right for you. Period.
This is the only one I take a bit of an issue with.

Not everything in one's life has to feel right to the person at the time for it to be right- and too often people confuse a need for "feeling right" with obligation.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:15 am
Ah, then I shall clarify; If something feels totally, utterly wrong for you spiritually then it quite likely is.

This does of course go hand in hand with knowing yourself well... and assuming a degree of mental stability. But then I suppose that this follows;

~Magic is not psychotherapy~

And I'd recommend not started an active magical practice if one is unstable. Magic isn't good for everyone. Something meditative might be alright, but I'm thinking of that as a more contemplative activity, rather than an actively magical activity (not that they are entirely seperatable... and you can have a meaningful, healthy magical practice even if you aren't quite stable, but this normally goes hand in hand with psychiatric or medical help... and so on).

Haloquine

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:27 pm
Haloquine
Ah, then I shall clarify; If something feels totally, utterly wrong for you spiritually then it quite likely is.
That makes more sense.

Quote:
This I disagree with as well. The clearest example being Anton's tradition. That's all magic is for those folks. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:35 pm
Quote:

This I disagree with as well. The clearest example being Anton's tradition. That's all magic is for those folks.

*chuckles*

Do you mean Anton Lavey?

Not to be picky, but, don't they think its psychodrama, rather than psychotherapy?

Haloquine

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:53 pm
Haloquine
*chuckles*

Do you mean Anton Lavey?

Not to be picky, but, don't they think its psychodrama, rather than psychotherapy?
Meh- what is the purpose of psychodrama?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:56 am
Oh, oh, I gots another one two three!

Quote:
"What does my religion require of me?"

Or, erring on the practical and precautionary side of things (from a student to a mentor), how about:

Quote:
"In exchange for this knowledge or training, what do you require from me as a student?"

Or as an even bigger sack of duh:

Quote:
"What qualifies you to teach this subject?"

Aside: As the reincarnation of Atlantean royalty and at least three notable, purely fiction characters, I am qualified for all sorts of mystical teaching. Is anyone interested in learning some Sex Majick? From a purely spiritual and properly reverent point of view, of course. I accept all fit, impressionable, female students.  

PenguinSeppuku

Celtic of the Fae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 pm
Never try to summon anything you can't get rid of...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 am
~Argue for your Limitations, and you shall have them.
~I know what I know
and
~ I am personally responsible for every choice I have made. Even the Choice to surrender my abibllity to choose  

Ethermus Prime

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:53 pm
best thing i've heard all year -

when asked how her Yule vigil went, a Troth member said "sun came up, no wolves in sight, it went well"

über awesome!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:08 am
Haloquine
Quote:

This I disagree with as well. The clearest example being Anton's tradition. That's all magic is for those folks.

*chuckles*

Do you mean Anton Lavey?

Technically this is correct. Psychotherapy is specific, through the aid of licensed professionals in the field of psychology. Psychodrama can produce similar effects, but it cannot by psychotherapy because it's utilized by the self, not guided by those trained in the field.  

error-dot-tar

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 am
"We're smart enough to know that a 24 year old can make 'his' own decisions regarding religion. So no you don't need to come to church."

I put "his" in quotes since my dad doesn't know I'm transgendered yet. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 pm
saint dreya
best thing i've heard all year -

when asked how her Yule vigil went, a Troth member said "sun came up, no wolves in sight, it went well"

über awesome!
Very cool.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out