Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

garagesail

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:34 pm
Hi, I'm Willow! I'm 27, currently focused on watercolor and drawing. I would like to get into cartooning- with an anime focus. While I have always been fascinated and inspired by art, I have not made much progress. This year, I had the great luck of finding a mentor, and have completed my first painting... I'll post it sooner or later lol...

Currently, I am working on color theory, brush control, and drawing with prospective and proportion. My ultimate vision for my work is to cross anime styling with old master's techniques... realism within cartoon art...

Aside from art? I am starting work as an in-home caregiver, single mother, love many arts and crafts, addicted to music, play Puzzle Pirates (Garagesail on pretty much any ocean, if you know what I'm talking about =P)... I think that pretty much covers it...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:31 am
My (real) name is Freja, and I'm an eighth grader who lives in Finland(but doesn't speak Finnish. EPIC FAIL much?). I started drawing ever since I could hold a pen and have been since. First I just did kid doodles, but once I saw Sailor Moon I started to draw manga. I've tried more realistic stuff now, but I still love the manga style! biggrin

I like chocolate a LOT blaugh +Thigh high socks, haircare products, shoes, milk and martial arts! (though I'm not so skilled with the latter)
My big phobia is those blasted arachnids! gonk  

Respirometric

tingtongten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:14 pm
Greetings, this is Iwa. I am adopted. I am Chinese.
I like drawing and wish to turn it into my career despite knowing how difficult it will be. I also like writing and am the star student of my class.

I am also the spoiled, egoistic rich kid down the block who has bad eyesight, Asperger's Syndrome, an inability to focus, never worked a day in their life, and more chocolate in the refrigerator than yours. To make up for all this, I get to be a funny little jerk. How splendid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm
'Allo! Maurizio here. I'm a junior in college studying for English though I hope to make art my career. XD

I obsessively draw and am hopelessly addicted to Chai tea. <.< And bagels.

As for art, I do a lot of fantasy and macabre semi-realism. I do mostly pencil and digital art but would one day like to get into oils.  

Maurizio_Tamesis

Enlightened Dreamer

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 am
welcome everyone i hope you have a good time and have fun helping each other out ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:43 am
Hi x]
I'm Mangoes and I just joined recently. I'm draw, but I don't have a lot of experience to back me up so I'd love it if people give me tips and pointer along the way.

I'm a junior in high school and I love science-y stuff and math xD

I would love how to learn to draw more animals and fantasy themed stuff. Thanks a lot and expect to see me in the thread more x]  

Ate Mangoes

Sautana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 pm
Hi all im Dianolica-III, you can call me Dia. As for my real name... That's for me to know and for you to (maybe) find out XD.

I don't really remember when I started drawing. I just realized that I was good when I was in the 4th grade sweatdrop

I joined the guild to get some tips and techniques so that I can improve my art c:. Maybe some day I can be a mentor too XD.

I hope to be friend some of you guys here. Maybe even all of you c:

BTW, I also have a small art shop... Please do check it out. Just click the pic on my siggy c:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:09 pm
-Good day to you all. My name is ヂアス_タナマン or diasu tanaman if you would. 3nodding
- I am an artist looking for some criticism and to meet some new friends in the process. lol
-Currently i have been doing avi sketches around gaia since i joined in and its been fairly educational. emo
*however i would like to learn new things from more accomplished artists* idea
-please look at what ive submitted and judge ^_^ thx! rofl  

Der Meister Clow

Umbra Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm
        Bonjour!
        My name is Anthony, and I eat small children and kick puppies am in Jr. High, currently drawing whole bunches, and working on anatomy (who isn't lol ), and I should be actually trying to do backgrounds, but so far it hasn't been much xD

I'm hoping to get something out of this guild, as well as give something, if I'm able. We'll see how it goes :]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 am
Hi, my name is Michelle. I'm home schooled and decided that i need a hobby. I just recently discovered i like drawing. Right now i work on landscapes and trees.
Abandoned Tree  

xXMiss_CoffeeXx

Conservative Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Ren-wuvs-you

Beloved Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm
Konbanwa (cause it's night right now.) Doozo yoroshiku. *bows*

Well if you couldn't already tell I like Japanese. We'll get to that in a moment.

You can call me Ren and no you may not know my real name. I love to draw. I have been avidly drawing for 6 years. I am a freshman in college. My major is International business (thus the japanese). I love Anime and Manga. I have been watching it for 12 years and been serious about it again for 6. If you add those together you get my age and realize that makes me extremely odd. O.o

I look forward meeting and admiring your arts. Picture I can put up mind you is soo old is it growing pixel mold since I haven't drawn in quite a while. sad Well that's all for now and I didn't mean to write so much.

Avi 1
Avi 2  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm
Howdy, kids! In the event you haven't spotted my username yet, it's changingtides. <3

When I was in seventh grade I was obsessed with drawing anime, preferably the shiny shoujo kind, like Sailor Moon. I lost interest in anime slowly throughout high school and didn't draw much. Now I'm in college, fascinated with all forms of art, and eager to get my currently deplorable artistic skillz up to par!

Pleasure to be here, all of you~  

changingtides

TetraTriforce

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 pm
Hi! biggrin
Obviously my username is Rin_Ayama, but you can just call me Rin.
I am a Freshman in high school, play the trombone, and take Japanese.
I started drawing before I even went to school, but I'm still not that great.
o.o"
I love anime, which is also my current style of art, I also make comics sometimes!
Right now I am trying to fix the way I draw arms and hands, because they just look downright awkward if I draw them anyway but down by the waist.
._.
I hope this guild helps me, even a little!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:22 pm
Hello, I'm Amaya. I'm a college student. I love art, comics, music, movies, books, mythology, fantasy, and videogames passionately.

In high school I had Art I-IV and AP Art. In college I have had Drawing I and II, Design I and II, and Intro to Graphic Design as well as an independent study in art. In the past I have let depression, immaturity and art blocks get in my way and I am nowhere near the skill level I should be for my training and what I want to do. I am here to learn and to help others learn. I'm very serious about my art.

Thank you for letting me join and apologies it took me a few days to work up the courage to make my first post...  

Whispers of the Forsaken

Carantathraiel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:33 am
User Image
Can a ɥәɐʁʇ that isn't supposed to exist break down and ɔʁʎ?

Hello, I'm Carantathraiel.
My name is wickedly hard to pronounce,
and I've heard people have died attempting it...
...so just call me Cara.

I've been on gaia since it opened,
and I've been selling art for about as long.
However, my art is always changing
as is the medium I use.
I'm glad to have finally found a decent place
in which to receive critiques and suggestions.

As for me, i'm a basic kinda woman.
I'm in my mid-20s, married,
and my husband is a SSGT in the USAF
and we're stationed in Germany for the next 3 years.

I adore art [obviously], the Sims PC games,
Music, Literature, Movies, Humour,
and potatoes.
I could live on potatoes.
srsly.

I adore teacups.
Its a strange obsession, I don't understand it
But I love to indulge it.
When I ask for art its always of my avi in a teacup.

Also, I love monochrome colour schemes.
My favourite colours are Black, Grey, White and Dark Red.
Especially Dark Red.
It gives me needs.

Mostly, I enjoy using simple pen and paper for art,
though simply I've been using a tablet, and I do enjoy it.
I love to paint with Water colour and Oil colour.

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff