Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ineffable Experiences. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 96 97 98 99 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:02 pm
Gho the Girl
It all makes sense now.
Scary huh?

You've seen me in the morning too- when I have my Gardner Fro.

Quote:
Tell me, does the Vatican give you a car that turns into a boat or a wristwatch that can deflect bullets when you sign up for that job? Cuz that'd be sweet.
Didn't you watch the DaVinci Code? They're out to get me, not equip me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 pm
His voice makes my heart soar, every time.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:23 am
Down in Fraggel Rock!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:53 am
KUKAREKU!!!

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:48 pm
Dear Humidity, GTFO.
Thanks.
~Tea  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:41 pm
And you just expect everything to be like it was, little voice in the back of my head?
stare

Oddly enough, yes.

Namikikyo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 pm
Namikikyo
And you just expect everything to be like it was, little voice in the back of my head?
stare

Oddly enough, yes.
Well of course.

So how's all that workin' out for ya?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:55 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo
stare

Oddly enough, yes.
Well of course.

So how's all that workin' out for ya?

The little voice or my situation?

Namikikyo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:38 pm
Namikikyo

All of the above.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo

All of the above.

The little voice is getting on my nerves. It fills me with doubt on every discision I make, but then it says everything will be okay at the same time. It's extremely contradicting and somewhat tiring to listen to every minute of the day.

As for my situation, it's hard to say. I have come to the conclusion that if the people who baptised me believe what they have told me then that is what I should believe as well because that was the intent that they put into it. Through their interpretation of the baptism and what it stands for, I have to follow because that is the church's belief and their ways. Books and words are sometimes so vague that I can understand why there are so many meanings to one sentance. I have thought and thought hard about this until I've reduced myself to tears over the subject and I believe that this is the right choice of action. I have also talked to Yeshua which I haven't done in a long time, and I had a good feeling afterwards about this. That is, until the little voice ruined it by making me doubt my sanity and reasoning skills.

I don't know if this conclusion makes me stupid or ignorent, but this feels right to me. I just have to try and convience the rest of me about it and maybe then I'll get some sleep.

Namikikyo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:36 pm
Namikikyo
The little voice is getting on my nerves. It fills me with doubt on every discision I make, but then it says everything will be okay at the same time. It's extremely contradicting and somewhat tiring to listen to every minute of the day.

You know what the solution to this is, ya?
That doubt isn't synonymous with danger.
Being careful and thoughtful is a good thing, but that also doesn't mean that you can't make mistakes and be okay. Don't get me wrong- I'm not encouraging you to be reckless, but if you keep looking, doubting in and of itself won't harm you in the long run.
Quote:

As for my situation, it's hard to say. I have come to the conclusion that if the people who baptised me believe what they have told me then that is what I should believe as well because that was the intent that they put into it. Through their interpretation of the baptism and what it stands for, I have to follow because that is the church's belief and their ways. Books and words are sometimes so vague that I can understand why there are so many meanings to one sentance. I have thought and thought hard about this until I've reduced myself to tears over the subject and I believe that this is the right choice of action. I have also talked to Yeshua which I haven't done in a long time, and I had a good feeling afterwards about this. That is, until the little voice ruined it by making me doubt my sanity and reasoning skills.
I noticed a small problem in the reasoning.

Let's look at it this way- say you go to sign up for a cell phone and you don't read the contract. They say you get a free phone with the contract. You're all set, but you didn't read the fine print that said the phone was free if you sent in a little card they gave you within three weeks. Because you missed the contract, you get charged with the phone. You go back to the guy, he says he gave you the correct information- his intent was sound.

But that doesn't mean his intent is binding. The contract is. Hence in a situation like this, if there is an error in intent, it is the stance of the Canon that matters. The canon isn't mincing words. It makes some very plain claims about the meaning of the sacraments and it is the people, not the texts, that are in error. And that's okay. It doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them mistaken.

Just a point of reference, sometime ask CuAnnan about how many Roman Catholics in Ireland believe the sacrament of the Eucharist is figurative or literal. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:58 pm
There are times I feel so completely lonely without ______. So unsafe. I stepped away from the fire light into the unknown darkness. I knew the dangers. I knew the risks. I knew how terrifying a world that was, walking without that safety net. I knew that how much I would hurt ______ with my choice.

Yet I had to do it. I had to find my own strength. My own allies. My own world. I had to stand on my own, burning brightly. And I have come far.

But oh the cost. I still feel it sometimes, even now.

Strange how deja vu this sort of thing is.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:54 pm
Finished.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:57 pm
TeaDidikai

You know what the solution to this is, ya?
That doubt isn't synonymous with danger.
Being careful and thoughtful is a good thing, but that also doesn't mean that you can't make mistakes and be okay. Don't get me wrong- I'm not encouraging you to be reckless, but if you keep looking, doubting in and of itself won't harm you in the long run.

So this doubt, it's a good thing to have? I mean, I know a healthy dose of skeptiscism is good, but sometimes I'd really like to just be confident in the things I believe.

I think, I honestly just want to be 100% sure in everything I do, which I know I can't be. Without that 100%, I get this really bad doubt that scares me into thinking I'm always wrong.

Quote:

I noticed a small problem in the reasoning.

Let's look at it this way- say you go to sign up for a cell phone and you don't read the contract. They say you get a free phone with the contract. You're all set, but you didn't read the fine print that said the phone was free if you sent in a little card they gave you within three weeks. Because you missed the contract, you get charged with the phone. You go back to the guy, he says he gave you the correct information- his intent was sound.

But that doesn't mean his intent is binding. The contract is. Hence in a situation like this, if there is an error in intent, it is the stance of the Canon that matters. The canon isn't mincing words. It makes some very plain claims about the meaning of the sacraments and it is the people, not the texts, that are in error. And that's okay. It doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them mistaken.

I understand and I don't think they're bad people, that's just what they believe. What was told to me was how they understood it and how it worked for them. Different denominations of christianity believe different things, right? They delete, add on, and interpret things differently then the other branch. Just because they believe different things doesn't mean only one is right and the others are wrong, from what I understand.

What they told me was what that contract meant to them, what they believed it meant to Yeshua and how it worked. What I thought was plainly written, was very well incrypted for them. For example, what does "Remember the Sabbath" mean? I honestly thought it just meant remember the holy days, but to some that means go to church on Sunday and for others that means Saturday. Does that make either right or wrong? And what about the Baptist who believe that before you become a member of their church you have to baptized regardless if you were ever baptized before, I thought there was no need to repeat something like that?

I think I worded myself poorly before and I'm sorry, Tea. But I'm glad you addressed it so I could explain myself further, which I feel is helping me sort my thoughts better.

On a side note, I'm really starting to feel bad that you have to keep repeating yourself to me. I'm really grateful that your helping me, though. sweatdrop

Quote:
Just a point of reference, sometime ask CuAnnan about how many Roman Catholics in Ireland believe the sacrament of the Eucharist is figurative or literal. wink

I think it's safe to say.. A lot of Roman Catholics believe it's figurative? eek

Namikikyo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:21 pm
Namikikyo
So this doubt, it's a good thing to have? I mean, I know a healthy dose of skeptiscism is good, but sometimes I'd really like to just be confident in the things I believe.

I think, I honestly just want to be 100% sure in everything I do, which I know I can't be. Without that 100%, I get this really bad doubt that scares me into thinking I'm always wrong.

Doubt has several different expressions.
The trick is keeping your doubt healthy.

I'm taking some of this to PMs. It isn't fodder for the guild.

Quote:
I understand and I don't think they're bad people, that's just what they believe. What was told to me was how they understood it and how it worked for them. Different denominations of christianity believe different things, right? They delete, add on, and interpret things differently then the other branch. Just because they believe different things doesn't mean only one is right and the others are wrong, from what I understand.
To an extent.

That said, a person can be in error in regards to their own tradition. Usually when this happens they either remain in that tradition for whatever reason with that error, they adapt to fit the doctrine as it is taught or they find a new tradition that is closer to their understanding.

Baptism is a tricky Sacrament. It's one that the most popular Christian traditions agree as to it's nature- if not its execution. (Infant baptism v. adults, baptism for the dead, the form and style of the ceremony, full immersion or sprinkling- the list goes on)

Quote:
What they told me was what that contract meant to them, what they believed it meant to Yeshua and how it worked. What I thought was plainly written, was very well incrypted for them. For example, what does "Remember the Sabbath" mean? I honestly thought it just meant remember the holy days, but to some that means go to church on Sunday and for others that means Saturday. Does that make either right or wrong? And what about the Baptist who believe that before you become a member of their church you have to baptized regardless if you were ever baptized before, I thought there was no need to repeat something like that?
The Baptists disagree as to the validity of other's sacraments. Many denominations do so- which is why a number of them offer conditional baptisms- basically, baptisms that state if you're not already baptized, you are now. wink

Quote:
I think I worded myself poorly before and I'm sorry, Tea. But I'm glad you addressed it so I could explain myself further, which I feel is helping me sort my thoughts better.
Happy to help.

Quote:
On a side note, I'm really starting to feel bad that you have to keep repeating yourself to me. I'm really grateful that your helping me, though. sweatdrop
No worries.
Believe me, if you were annoying me, you'd know it by now.

Quote:
I think it's safe to say.. A lot of Roman Catholics believe it's figurative? eek

Yeah. Which is a good example of how people, even with good intentions, can be wrong about their church's doctrine.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 96 97 98 99 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games