Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:03 pm
Kinky Zombie
My mother said she was wiccan, but I honestly just want to say General Paganism. My father was the same for a while, then he stopped.
If you're up for it, I'd be interested in what books they were pulling from.

Namikikyo
Thank you very much, Tea!
Welcome.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 pm
Well.
We have a lot of scott cunningham, A series on Merlin (Like" Merlins Lost 21 teachings... or something like that.) (A lot of these books are gone now), I know she read ravenwolf's work too, but I know she didn't like those.  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm
Kinky Zombie
Well.
We have a lot of scott cunningham, A series on Merlin (Like" Merlins Lost 21 teachings... or something like that.) (A lot of these books are gone now), I know she read ravenwolf's work too, but I know she didn't like those.
Mostly Standing Stone then? Cool.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Kinky Zombie
Well.
Mostly Standing Stone then? Cool.

She did a lot of online website, not sure which ones anymore.  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:19 pm
Kinky Zombie

She did a lot of online website, not sure which ones anymore.
Cunningham teaches Standing Stone, not the cult of the Wica.
Just noting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:28 pm
Never really heard of standing stone before, but then again, I am still learning. :]  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 pm
Kinky Zombie
Never really heard of standing stone before, but then again, I am still learning. :]
Page 109 of the most recent printing of Wicca a Guide outlines it's tradition name.

Granted, how it uses the term Wicca is questionable, but hey.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:37 pm
Okay!

I'm starting to read starhawk now, working on her Spiral Dance book.
I might have over looked it for the fact that she uses Starhawk as a name, but it was recommended.  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:38 pm
Kinky Zombie
Okay!

I'm starting to read starhawk now, working on her Spiral Dance book.
I might have over looked it for the fact that she uses Starhawk as a name, but it was recommended.
It's one of the major texts in the modern pagan movement.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 pm
I heard that, which is why I am reading it now. Just at first the name seemed a bit fluffish, so I waited to see if someone would recommend it.  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:43 pm
Kinky Zombie
I heard that, which is why I am reading it now. Just at first the name seemed a bit fluffish, so I waited to see if someone would recommend it.
Why does the author's name seem fluffy?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:49 pm
It reminded me to much of Ravenwolf, whose books I dislike.
I know it makes me look like a jerk for categorizing names, but I'd rather double check then buy a book and realize I hate it with a passion.  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:56 pm
Kinky Zombie
It reminded me to much of Ravenwolf, whose books I dislike.
I know it makes me look like a jerk for categorizing names, but I'd rather double check then buy a book and realize I hate it with a passion.
Might also check things out via the library, or hit a major book store that allows you to read the book a bit before you buy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 pm
Very true, but my library is a bit short on Pagan/magic/new age books. Not only that, but the one bookstore we had closed just a few weeks ago, so I have to leave town to get a book.
I did read some of it online, just a little bit, after it was recommended to me.  

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm
Kinky Zombie
Very true, but my library is a bit short on Pagan/magic/new age books.
Any chance of inter-library loan programs workin' for ya?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games