Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
freelance lover
My boyfriend and I saw Paranormal Activity last night. It was actually pretty scary, and we both didn't sleep well due to a mix of that movie, it being really hot in his apartment, and noisy neighbors. LAME.
My friend saw it and he said he didn't like it. He said it was more of a chick flick. neutral

How on earth was it a chick flick? There was nothing romantic or comedic about it, and chick flick is basically a synonym for "bad romantic comedy". It was entirely about this couple being terrorized by a demon. I've heard some people thought it wasn't scary, but my boyfriend is big on horror movies and he loved. I, personally, have been terrified of being pulled out of bed by an unseen force in my sleep for the last week. The stress I've been under this week hasn't really helped me sleep either. I seriously feel like I haven't slept all week gonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:02 pm
So I made a topic in the Politics subforum of Extended Discussion yesterday. It is now over 150 posts long. I would estimate at least a hundred of those are basically trolling, or me responding to trolls.

And yet, I've actually enjoyed the topic.

How screwy is that?  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm
Sometimes trolls make me laugh too.

I don't know why. I'm confused at the cause of humour. I'd rather not analyze it. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm
The thing that bothers me is I think most of the people were serious.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:34 pm
Often deadpan is the best humour.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:37 pm
If it were humor, I might get it. But these people seemed to honestly believe what they were saying, even though what they were saying was obviously wrong.

Of course, they were also insulting me. Maybe they just don't like me, and were taking any opportunity they got to make fun of me.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:46 pm
Maybe. I'm learning to laugh in those situations. smile

On an unrelated note, the halloween even is up. I'm on the "good" side and require followers. Anyone who wants to join and help me out can do so at this link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/demonbusters?sub=followers&user_id=4840606

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm
freelance lover
xLady Tsukiyox
freelance lover
My boyfriend and I saw Paranormal Activity last night. It was actually pretty scary, and we both didn't sleep well due to a mix of that movie, it being really hot in his apartment, and noisy neighbors. LAME.
My friend saw it and he said he didn't like it. He said it was more of a chick flick. neutral

How on earth was it a chick flick? There was nothing romantic or comedic about it, and chick flick is basically a synonym for "bad romantic comedy". It was entirely about this couple being terrorized by a demon. I've heard some people thought it wasn't scary, but my boyfriend is big on horror movies and he loved. I, personally, have been terrified of being pulled out of bed by an unseen force in my sleep for the last week. The stress I've been under this week hasn't really helped me sleep either. I seriously feel like I haven't slept all week gonk
I don't know he's a weird one.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:37 pm
freelance lover
xLady Tsukiyox
freelance lover

Hehe. FL, you so silleh! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:47 pm
Priestley
On an unrelated note, the halloween even is up. I'm on the "good" side and require followers.

On another unrelated note, I'm on the "evil" side and require followers. Come to the dark side. We have cookies. ninja  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
Priestley
On an unrelated note, the halloween even is up. I'm on the "good" side and require followers.

On another unrelated note, I'm on the "evil" side and require followers. Come to the dark side. We have cookies. ninja

The skin for the good side was better... so I joined it. I need followers too ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:51 pm
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
Priestley

The skin for the good side was better... so I joined it. I need followers too ninja

Post your link then. 3nodding  

Priestley

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:06 pm
freelance lover

I kinda like the skin for the dark side... Unfortunately, I realized too late that I'm otherwise surrounded by 12-year-olds who think 'OMG i lurve being ebil!!!!!!!!!111' stressed sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:08 am
The Amazing Ryuu
freelance lover

I kinda like the skin for the dark side... Unfortunately, I realized too late that I'm otherwise surrounded by 12-year-olds who think 'OMG i lurve being ebil!!!!!!!!!111' stressed sweatdrop

Yeah.... saw that one coming. Another reason I chose the other side.

Who won anyway? It's been homecoming week so my sorority has owned my soul. I've been up past midnight every night making a freaking float. We have a giant papermache elephant named BoBo wearing the tutu I wore for Halloween. gonk Sleep hasn't really been happening.

freelance lover
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:14 am
Priestley
freelance lover
xLady Tsukiyox
freelance lover

Hehe. FL, you so silleh! whee

Dude, it was friggin scary. It's all recorded on a hand held camera and the director really understands the concept of it's what you don't see that makes it scary. You never see the demon. You see foot prints, bite marks, a black floating mass, and hear some demonic noises, but that's it. It's also much scarier if you actually believe in ghosts or demonic possession, because of how realistic it is (they're supposedly "lost tapes"). There's not opening or ending credits, no score, nothing. So if you do believe in the paranormal, the reality of it is awful.

Moral: it was scary and it's you're a big old fraidy cat like me, don't see unless you don't want to sleep. But it is a good horror movie.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games