Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:05 pm
Shearaha
Why I'm waiting to purchase a Baritone. I don't want to annoy neighbors with my playing. After 6-7 years now where I haven't gotten to play, yeah sweatdrop I'll be restarting at square one.

Musical people. o: *highfives*

I play the French Horn. :3

@Fiddler: Sounds fair to me. I always tell my parents something similar. If I get eaten, then, obviously, I didn't win, so it's okay for whoever did win/finds me to eat me. They don't take me too seriously when I say it, though, I get the impression..  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:08 pm
Maze
Shearaha
Why I'm waiting to purchase a Baritone. I don't want to annoy neighbors with my playing. After 6-7 years now where I haven't gotten to play, yeah sweatdrop I'll be restarting at square one.

Musical people. o: *highfives*

I play the French Horn. :3

@Fiddler: Sounds fair to me. I always tell my parents something similar. If I get eaten, then, obviously, I didn't win, so it's okay for whoever did win/finds me to eat me. They don't take me too seriously when I say it, though, I get the impression..

I also played trumpet. My sister plays French Horn, Alto/Bari/Tenor Sax and my brother plays Tuba. I also did musical theater when I was younger and would love to do so again. I sing and dance too. I'm not very good at dancing though sweatdrop  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:18 pm
Shearaha
I also played trumpet. My sister plays French Horn, Alto/Bari/Tenor Sax and my brother plays Tuba. I also did musical theater when I was younger and would love to do so again. I sing and dance too. I'm not very good at dancing though sweatdrop

I can play trumpet, tuba, and all the other instruments in between because I know the grips from when I played the Cor horn, but I haven't got the ambiture/lip practice for it. The mouthpieces ask for adjustments, but theoretically.. XD

I used to dance and sing. I mostly danced to express myself or to get some energy going.

As for singing, I haven't done that in a while, because my throat is ******** up and I find that, apparently, I'm doing it wrong, cause it hurts when I try to sing. :C This saddens me.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:32 pm
Maze
Shearaha

I can play trumpet, tuba, and all the other instruments in between because I know the grips from when I played the Cor horn, but I haven't got the ambiture/lip practice for it. The mouthpieces ask for adjustments, but theoretically.. XD

I used to dance and sing. I mostly danced to express myself or to get some energy going.

As for singing, I haven't done that in a while, because my throat is ******** up and I find that, apparently, I'm doing it wrong, cause it hurts when I try to sing. :C This saddens me.

Theoretically I should be able to play tuba as well, I just can't get my mouth to do it. I've tried trombone, but just didn't like it.

I dance alone. I've been told that I look like I'm having a seizure when I'm not dancing something thats choreographed. Or, you know, the clasic slow dance sway.

I took singing lessons for 4 years. I still sing, I think the mice appreciate it more then the audiences I've sung for before. One of the reasons I stoped really singing is because my mother was always making me sing for church. I went only because I was living under her roof. I felt like a hippocrit every time I got up infront of the congregation. She even made me sing Christian pieces for my school performances and competitions.

You may be trying to resonate too far back. You should resonate the sound in the mouth, not the throat. If you try and resonate in the throat it hurts.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:11 pm
Shearaha
Maze

Theoretically I should be able to play tuba as well, I just can't get my mouth to do it. I've tried trombone, but just didn't like it.

I dance alone. I've been told that I look like I'm having a seizure when I'm not dancing something thats choreographed. Or, you know, the clasic slow dance sway.

I took singing lessons for 4 years. I still sing, I think the mice appreciate it more then the audiences I've sung for before. One of the reasons I stoped really singing is because my mother was always making me sing for church. I went only because I was living under her roof. I felt like a hippocrit every time I got up infront of the congregation. She even made me sing Christian pieces for my school performances and competitions.

You may be trying to resonate too far back. You should resonate the sound in the mouth, not the throat. If you try and resonate in the throat it hurts.

Epileptic seizures are a viable dance method. I tend to prefer the mini-mosh-pit dance, but they might share a similar origin, hehe.

I'm not sure I'm capable of making the distinction you're mentioning.

I've experienced some issues with my throat, and I'm receiving voice therapy for it, and they teach me there to make my throat hum and to use the mouth to direct the sound. Is that what you mean by resonating in the throat, or..?

I just know that singing hurts this way and it sucks, heh.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:14 pm
Y'all are making me want voice lessons in an epic way. And/or guitar lessons. whee

My family, surprisingly, is pretty musical--it's just that no one ever knows because it's something that stays at home or in karaoke bars. My dad's an awesome singer, my brother used to play guitar (quit in high school) and so did my mum (quit when she lost hearing in one ear), my sister played the flute in high school, and my favourite uncle's an amateur songwriter. Me, well...I don't sound like a dying animal when I sing. But I'd need training if I were to ever sing in front of anyone without dying of embarrassment.  

Calixti

Calixti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm
I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW MONDAY!!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm
Calixti

*squees* Best wishes! <3  

Aino Ailill

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:44 pm
Fiddlers Green
Recursive Paradox
Sorta. Mostly that I find myself having the deep love and caring and sense of trust for people you normally get in romantic love but absolutely no sexual attraction whatsoever. It's the situation a lot of ace (asexual) folk get into when they fall in love.

I identify it by being a situation in which I love them and wish I was sexually attracted to them (for that intimacy) but am not.

I am seeing.
So, does this lack of interest in sexual intimacy, does this include most physical intimacy (I have observed some people take snuggling, for example, as sexual, others don't)?

It doesn't. Certain types of physical intimacy (like snuggling) can be made sexual but it doesn't necessarily need to be.

Aino Ailill

How does romantic love without sexual attraction differ from simply being very close friends?

How many of your close friends do you wish you were attracted to?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 pm
Recursive Paradox

Aino Ailill

How does romantic love without sexual attraction differ from simply being very close friends?

I'm stealing this for next time I need to explain this to someone. In cases where, 'Do you really feel the same way about your SO that you do about your best friend, but plus sex?' doesn't work.

And to answer, one, I think. If he were a girl, I would so have an epic crush on him.  

Calixti

Calixti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 pm
Aino Ailill
Calixti

*squees* Best wishes! <3
THANK YOU! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:03 pm
Recursive Paradox

Aino Ailill

If you don't mind my asking, how much of your attraction is motivated by wanting to be one of, if not the, most important person in that person's life? Or what about possession- wanting that person for your own without having to share them in a "relationship sense" with others, even without sex, i.e. exclusivity?  

Bastemhet

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 pm
Maze, that reminds me of a line from Dog soldiers, are you familiar with the movie?

Ah, rightio Poe, gotcha. Sorry for prying and thank you for the explanation.

Congratulations Calixti.

On an aside, little known fact, I actually do play the violin. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 pm
Calixti

congrats! biggrin

i need one of those, maybe i'll get one soon xd  

whiporwill-o

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 am
Fiddler: If we ever meet, we shall play duets!!! ^_^
*sigh* I need to start practicing my Korean instrument again. But my fiancee hates it, as it's one of those instruments that sounds really horrible when you're learning it. Like, dying cat bad. It's worse than the viola.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games