Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:09 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
Because I feel like Buckland came off as an a** in the Blue Book, but I hear from someone who has met him that he is a really nice person.
If I meet Buckland face to face, I'll likely end up in jail.

Buckland- amongst the Wica, is well known as an oathbreaker. And that's even before we get into his racist lies designed to pick people's pockets by deluding them into thinking they can wake up, call themselves a word that's tantamount to the N~ word for Blacks and become insta-witches.

Quote:
Same thing for McCoy, though her books don't rub me the wrong way.
Welcome to the joys of institutionalized racism. Her lies about the Gael are insulting, hinge on systematic abuse that nearly caused a genocide and she whores them, much like Buckland whores us, in order to turn a profit off of the lies and take people's money who don't know better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:16 pm
Well it's been a while since I read both of those books. It's important to read everything from crap to the Bible (figuratively) so that one can soak up a lot of information.  

Sam Oaken Willow 17

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:17 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
Well it's been a while since I read both of those books. It's important to read everything from crap to the Bible (figuratively) so that one can soak up a lot of information.
Myself? I think it's better to select quality texts and explore them thoroughly, rather than waste our time with schlock or encourage others to do the same.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:24 pm
To each their own I guess. I like to read. I read what interests me. Which oddly seems to be pre-historical fiction...but when it comes to religion I can see how you would feel that way.  

Sam Oaken Willow 17

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
To each their own I guess. I like to read. I read what interests me. Which oddly seems to be pre-historical fiction...but when it comes to religion I can see how you would feel that way.
Especially with all the fluff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Hello, I have been a Wiccan for two years, but I still have a lot to learn.

TheLadySunday

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 pm
I Am VooDooDolly
Hello, I have been a Wiccan for two years, but I still have a lot to learn.

You have come to the right place! Please visit our Pathways thread and try and find specifically a Wiccan pathway. I also suggest going to our Reading List paying paticular attention to Scorplett's Wicca reading list. An excellent guide for any Seeker of the Wiccan path.

But all in all I welcome you with open arms and hope you find you way here.

Ta.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 pm
Hello! I don't really have any set path at this time. i have come here to learn more before I commit to anything. i grew up as a non-church going baptist and never REALLY felt comfortable as such. I mean no offense to anyone but what kind of god says "You've been a bad girl/guy. You go to hell" for even the littest things. I've always felt more comfortable with the earth and such than all that. If anyone has any advice, I'd be more than glad to hear it.  

Mira_Stanmore

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 am
Welcome, Mira. We're glad to have you in this guild. heart

However, your introduction has left me questioning your understanding of Christianity. If you're going to dislike something, it's always good to make sure that you're disliking it for valid reasons. wink

So if it's okay, I'd like to ask you a few questions. If you feel uncomfortable, just tell me and we'll stop, okay? Remember that you are in a place of learning and will not be punished for speaking your mind, just corrected and given the proper information. xd

Mira_Stanmore
I mean no offense to anyone but what kind of god says "You've been a bad girl/guy. You go to hell" for even the littest things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to take a leap and say you've never actually read the Bible? Or at least not the New Testament? 3nodding

Mira, what exactly makes you believe that YHWH is such a bad guy? And what do you think about his son?

EDIT:I suggest, if you get bored waiting for my reply to your questions, to look at our PathWays subforum and seek out Gho the Girl, Collowrath and Nines19's threads. I swear that they are all great reads and will make you look at Christianity in a different light, if not make you think. I certianly enjoyed them. heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:46 am
My apologies. I just never felt it was right for me. However I look into what you said and learn more.  

Mira_Stanmore

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:36 am
Mira_Stanmore
I just never felt it was right for me.

This may be a function of the Sin of Pride, just an FYI.

Quote:
I mean no offense to anyone but what kind of god says "You've been a bad girl/guy. You go to hell" for even the littest things.
This is an oversimplification.

There are actions which strengthen the relationship with the god of Yeshua, and there are actions which either break it completely or weaken it. Hence the difference between mortal and venial sin.

That said- save for the only unforgivable sin, Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, all sins can be forgiven through the Sacrament of Reconciliation if the requirements for the sacrament are met.

One would further have to examine what Hell is from a scriptural basis in order to understand why Sin and Hell relate as they do.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am
Hey! I am Veronica.
I'm not a set path at the moment, I would rather learn in depth about the different paths before choosing one, or calling myself one.
I'm 20 years old, and grew up with a Pagan family. Just my parents though, not grandparents. However, I feel that even if I know a lot about Paganism right now, I am still a student. There is so much to learn!

Kinky Zombie

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:06 pm
Kinky Zombie
Hey! I am Veronica.
I'm not a set path at the moment, I would rather learn in depth about the different paths before choosing one, or calling myself one.
I'm 20 years old, and grew up with a Pagan family. Just my parents though, not grandparents. However, I feel that even if I know a lot about Paganism right now, I am still a student. There is so much to learn!

What kind of pagan traditions did your folks raise you with?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:38 pm
My mother said she was wiccan, but I honestly just want to say General Paganism. My father was the same for a while, then he stopped.  

Kinky Zombie

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:40 pm
Mira_Stanmore
My apologies. I just never felt it was right for me. However I look into what you said and learn more.

Nothing to apologize for. 3nodding

Tea pretty much gave you the information that I was looking to focus on, so I'll leave it with her answers. ((Thank you very much, Tea!)) J

Anyways, I implore you to ask questions in those PathWay threads that I talked to you about. They're all very sweet people and won't bite. Christianity really is a very beautiful religion, you just gotta know where to look.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games