Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 pm
CLCyrus
Loonamist
I... I'm sorry, but... you have to claim something that falls into the qualifications of the roll, and eevee is not a first stage fairy pokemon o ~o ; You can't claim what the giveaway doesn't give out...

Right, but you can claim an egg even though the giveaway didn't hand out eggs....Because it was still going to be a level 5 when it hatched, right? If someone's going to evolve it into a Fairy, it's the same logic you used.

No, I claimed a pokemon you could claim from the giveaway, but made myself post 50 extra times : )
You're asking for a pokemon that is not being given out from the giveaway. If you wanted to claim a pokemon that was actually, like... within the confines of the giveaway (which, again, neither eevee nor Sylveon are), and make yourself post an extra 50 times for plot purposes, you're more than welcome to do that, but you can't claim a pokemon that isn't being given out ^^ Sorry  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:45 pm
I'm trying to wrap my head around the NPC Trainer team generation method. You can either roll between 1-18 to determine a type and just choose a Pokemon of that type, or roll 1-721 to determine the exact Pokemon, right? Is it possible to generate a NPC Trainer's team by using the Pokemon located in that thread instead? Like rolling 5 d10s to determine what 5 Pokemon they have. It just seems strange to me to be battling Trainers in Viridian Forest that might have like an Arceus or something.  

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:25 pm
Loonamist
No, I claimed a pokemon you could claim from the giveaway, but made myself post 50 extra times : )
You're asking for a pokemon that is not being given out from the giveaway. If you wanted to claim a pokemon that was actually, like... within the confines of the giveaway (which, again, neither eevee nor Sylveon are), and make yourself post an extra 50 times for plot purposes, you're more than welcome to do that, but you can't claim a pokemon that isn't being given out ^^ Sorry

It was still an egg. Doesn't matter if you claimed it as a Pokémon. Your character got an egg, not a Giozard.

Sylveon is a Fairy-type, which means it is actually within the confines of the roll.

And, like you, I'd be making myself work more for it. 50 posts for FP (I don't care what the rules say; 5 FP makes more sense for an FP-evolved Pokémon) and who knows until Charm is learned since Baby-Doll Eyes is practically a default move, and it's a move I don't count.

But, whatever. I'll take something else.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:09 pm
CLCyrus
Loonamist

It was still an egg. Doesn't matter if you claimed it as a Pokémon. Your character got an egg, not a Giozard.

Sylveon is a Fairy-type, which means it is actually within the confines of the roll.

And, like you, I'd be making myself work more for it. 50 posts for FP (I don't care what the rules say; 5 FP makes more sense for an FP-evolved Pokémon) and who knows until Charm is learned since Baby-Doll Eyes is practically a default move, and it's a move I don't count.

Lol I am really, really sorry you feel such a need to bring this argument up again. If you're insistent, I'll happily ask the entire guild to weigh in their opinion, especially since so many people voiced their support of both sides. Obviously, we disagreed, so I really have no idea why you feel the need to bring it up again, but let me know if you really wish to carry this out. Otherwise, please drop it, and don't bring it up anymore : )

You are offered a first stage fairy pokemon, not just a fairy pokemon. Which means sylveon actually isn’t within the confines of the roll because it’s a second stage fairy type. I’d also like to point out that you're coming off as incredibly accusatory, instead of open and asking for discussion. Which, as long as that tone is continued, will most likely not garner much interest in trying to help or discuss the matter.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:30 pm
What's with the little scenarios in the Haunted House roll? Is that just for fun or is that what the character needs to be doing when receiving the item?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 pm
A Lazy Samurai
I'm trying to wrap my head around the NPC Trainer team generation method. You can either roll between 1-18 to determine a type and just choose a Pokemon of that type, or roll 1-721 to determine the exact Pokemon, right? Is it possible to generate a NPC Trainer's team by using the Pokemon located in that thread instead? Like rolling 5 d10s to determine what 5 Pokemon they have. It just seems strange to me to be battling Trainers in Viridian Forest that might have like an Arceus or something.

That's correct. The pokemon in that thread aren't really an option, since that's what the wild pokemon encounter is for. And if you roll for a legendary, you can choose not to battle it : ) But you can also just pick the 1-18 typing so that you have a more general pool to pick from, and you can do that for the trainer's entire team, or for each of their pokemon ^^

Sythril Vythethi
What's with the little scenarios in the Haunted House roll? Is that just for fun or is that what the character needs to be doing when receiving the item?

It's pretty much just for fun. You can use them if you want, but if you have another idea for how they get the item/prize, you're more than welcome to do that.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:39 pm
CLCyrus
Loonamist

Why don't you come on over to the Pokemon Mansion where Eevee are located? I'm Halloween bumping for the sweet heart so I can get 5 FP and a Sylveon as well, so catch one and heal it up with a sweet heart and boom?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:16 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Why don't you come on over to the Pokemon Mansion where Eevee are located? I'm Halloween bumping for the sweet heart so I can get 5 FP and a Sylveon as well, so catch one and heal it up with a sweet heart and boom?

First of all, you can't catch shiny Pokémon naturally. If it was just a Sylveon I wanted, I wouldn't be so butthurt about the situation. Second of all, if you gave Mitsu his Sylveon, he wouldn't get the pleasure of raising and evolving it himself. Lastly, I don't like trades because it seems cruel to the Pokémon to be handed off to some stranger. Like giving a pet to the humane society.

I appreciate the offer, of course, but no thanks. Simon will just have to find another way to see the lovely Mitsu again~.  

CLCyrus

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:30 pm
CLCyrus

If you beat the challenge you could get an event item on week one and if you do all three weeks. Couldn't you also get a Crystal Shard or a Cherish Ball?

Loonamist

Since you guys are extending the event by a week will there be a new week to take on the ghosts thus another week of prizes?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 pm
Shadow - Dragon
If you beat the challenge you could get an event item on week one and if you do all three weeks. Couldn't you also get a Crystal Shard or a Cherish Ball?

Why would I waste a crystal shard or cherish ball on a Pokémon that isn't hatched from its egg by Mitsu? All hatched Pokémon will be shiny one way or another, and crystal shards/cherish balls are perfect for that. If I can't get a Charizardite for Flynn, I don't want the first week's prize. Plus, I missed the first week, so the Do All Three Weeks thing is void for me.  

CLCyrus

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:13 pm
CLCyrus
Shadow - Dragon

Why would I waste a crystal shard or cherish ball on a Pokémon that isn't hatched from its egg by Mitsu? All hatched Pokémon will be shiny one way or another, and crystal shards/cherish balls are perfect for that. If I can't get a Charizardite for Flynn, I don't want the first week's prize. Plus, I missed the first week, so the Do All Three Weeks thing is void for me.

Lame, sorry to hear that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:20 pm
Shadow - Dragon

I hope you mean the void thing rather than my decision to use the shards and cherish balls for one objective....  

CLCyrus

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:21 pm
CLCyrus
Shadow - Dragon

I hope you mean the void thing rather than my decision to use the shards and cherish balls for one objective....

Well of course, sorry to hear the all three weeks are void  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 am
Dropping this here for an answer when someone wakes up. XD

Anyway, as long as I have the entirety of the challenge already plotted out in the actual order where all the icky mechanics for battles are placed in my posts and as long as I use the proper team members for each battle, would it be alright if I did them out of order in the RP portion even if it's spread out across multiple posts as long as I keep the actual battle information (including order) in all posts for the challenge? For instance, in this go around, I plan on having Jin face the Gengar during the mirror challenge, which is fifth in the actual order of pokemon to face, but for the RP posts, I want it to be the last one encountered out of the group of eight. As long as I have all the battle details figured out for the other seven battles in advance, would that be alright along with other possible in-RP jumbling?  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:48 am
Shadow - Dragon

CLCyrus

As the announcement mentioned, we are extending another week so that people still have a chance at getting the bonus prize. All you have to do is defeat a challenge for prizes three out of the four weeks.

Thus, the week you do not battle for prizes is simply for exp, if you even do (or did) it at all.

You can claim a Crystal Shard from the first week's 'non-balm mushroom/mega stone' event item prize, I think Shadow Dragon was referring to that.

Lia Syuki
Dropping this here for an answer when someone wakes up. XD

Anyway, as long as I have the entirety of the challenge already plotted out in the actual order where all the icky mechanics for battles are placed in my posts and as long as I use the proper team members for each battle, would it be alright if I did them out of order in the RP portion even if it's spread out across multiple posts as long as I keep the actual battle information (including order) in all posts for the challenge? For instance, in this go around, I plan on having Jin face the Gengar during the mirror challenge, which is fifth in the actual order of pokemon to face, but for the RP posts, I want it to be the last one encountered out of the group of eight. As long as I have all the battle details figured out for the other seven battles in advance, would that be alright along with other possible in-RP jumbling?

Since you're doing the mirror challenge, yes, I think that would be fine :0 Those in particular are essentially just single battles, so the order isn't quite as relevant as on the Normal Challenge.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games