Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:49 am
and_solo_said
Anger Is A Gift

www.myspace.com/aiag biggrin

... They sound like Rage Against the Machine rip-offs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:48 pm
Franz Ferdinand are the best British band ever, with the possible exception of Queen.  

sallybeth

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:09 pm
[[ -- Sean -- ]]
and_solo_said
Anger Is A Gift

I prefer them to RATM, but then, I havn't seen RATM live...and never will.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:26 am
and_solo_said
[[ -- Sean -- ]]
and_solo_said
Anger Is A Gift

I prefer them to RATM, but then, I havn't seen RATM live...and never will.

It's okay. You can go see Audioslave! xd  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:21 am
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci split up. On my birthday. And I never got to see them live. And I didn't hear about it for ages. And what kind of name for a band is 'Euros Childs', anyway?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:17 am
So...Mr Quimby's Beard; currently recording an entirely new album, after having shelved their new songs when they lost two members...  

and_solo_said

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:02 pm
and_solo_said
So...Mr Quimby's Beard; currently recording an entirely new album, after having shelved their new songs when they lost two members...

Who?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:49 am
[[ -- Sean -- ]]
and_solo_said

Who?

They're space rock...which may have been edgy in the 80s but to me it sounds like regular rock with a bit of synth thrown in.  

and_solo_said

aisebon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:02 am
Porcupine tree!

http://www.myspace.com/Porcupinetree

They rock my socks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:29 pm
T in the park yesterday.
The first bit wasn't great, took me a while to get used to the smell but once I started acting drunker than the drunk people (minus the falling over) it got pretty good. Manu Chao, Maximo Park and The Kooks weren't very good, although The Kooks should have been on a better stage, the crowd was really long and thin and was between food stalls so by the time I could breathe I was so far away I couldn't hear them properly, or see them. In between them I saw a band called Director at the Futures tent, they were really good and I was close enough to see their faces ( heart ).

Placebo were really good, I only caught the last 2 and a half songs but it was 20 Years and Nancy Boy and its nice to know the songs. They were the turning point, got much better after them. The Zutons were the next I saw, fun to dance to. After that Kaiser Chiefs who got the crowd going, they were fun. The Franz Ferdinand, it was raining a lot by then but I saw their whole set which was brilliant. Got competely soaked so we had to jump to keep warm. And I knew every song (except 1 or 2) so i could sing along to it all. They were the best.
The Chillis were good but it was getting cold by then and you can jump around so madly to them. Despite my being closer to the Fairis wheel than the stage it was deafning.

I had a look at some other bands but didn't stay to long, would have liked to spend more time seeing the smaller bands but my friend was wanting to look at the stalls and fair rides.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:30 am
I have a Belle & Sebastian obsession.

More specifically, a Stuart-Murdoch's-voice obsession.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:01 pm
Has anyone else heard of Dir en Grey?

Its like Slipknot meets Hideki Naganuma.

Come to think of it, has anyone else heard of Hideki Naganuma? Anyone who has JSRF should have.

and_solo_said

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:38 pm
and_solo_said
Has anyone else heard of Dir en Grey?

Its like Slipknot meets Hideki Naganuma.

Come to think of it, has anyone else heard of Hideki Naganuma? Anyone who has JSRF should have.

I've heard of Dir en Grey, but I don't think I've heard it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:48 pm
The two bands I love most in the world are playing at the same festival, on the same day. whee  

Panthino the Moth

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:47 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgq4laQxW6w

biggrin biggrin  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games