Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:24 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Yep worked like a charm. The ammo box doesn't stick as good as the gas tank but it's on there good enough that the only thing that will knock it off is if you move it too hard or to fast.

Took some pictures of what I did basically.

Job's a good 'un!

Yup, I've been itching to start painting but I want to wait until I can get some more stuff together for the basing, I still want to get some Eldar bitz, I'm not sure if I'm going to try to find another place to get maybe a Wave Serpent hull from or something...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:00 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Yep worked like a charm. The ammo box doesn't stick as good as the gas tank but it's on there good enough that the only thing that will knock it off is if you move it too hard or to fast.

Job's a good 'un!

Yup, I've been itching to start painting but I want to wait until I can get some more stuff together for the basing, I still want to get some Eldar bitz, I'm not sure if I'm going to try to find another place to get maybe a Wave Serpent hull from or something...
You have some on the way. wink  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Job's a good 'un!

You have some on the way. wink

I...I do..? Really? emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:38 am
Volan d Vol

Si Senior.

Just finished tracking, weapon-swapping, and priming three Leman Russ tanks. Going to try airbrushing the camo this time though, to save multiple rough-looking coats.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:33 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Si Senior.

Just finished tracking, weapon-swapping, and priming three Leman Russ tanks. Going to try airbrushing the camo this time though, to save multiple rough-looking coats.

Sounds like a good time, I kind of wish I had an airbrush, especially with my tanks cause of that friggin big a** white arrow you're "supposed" to put on like Rhinos and s**t. But I think I may be friggin lazy and not do that...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Si Senior.

Sounds like a good time, I kind of wish I had an airbrush, especially with my tanks cause of that friggin big a** white arrow you're "supposed" to put on like Rhinos and s**t. But I think I may be friggin lazy and not do that...

Well here is a combo for fifty bucks that includes everything you need. There are ones with more robust air compressors for about $80.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:51 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Si Senior.

Well here is a combo for fifty bucks that includes everything you need. There are ones with more robust air compressors for about $80.

That's pretty neat, you're able to use all the GW paints in and airbrush aren't you?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:53 pm
Volan d Vol

That's pretty neat, you're able to use all the GW paints in and airbrush aren't you?
So far, I haven't had any issues... Just dilute it with water or rubbing alcohol until it's the consistency of milk before running it through the brush, and make sure to clean it out good afterwards.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:55 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

So far, I haven't had any issues... Just dilute it with water or rubbing alcohol until it's the consistency of milk before running it through the brush, and make sure to clean it out good afterwards.

I may have to look into that, that's a pretty good price.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 pm
I have question on how to best convert my IG unit's i bought.

i recently bought some imperial guard as to bolster my space marines as far
as troops go, but i'm not that psyched about their basic look.
since my chapter is based on an ice world i wanted to go with the vostroiyan but those are pretty expensive so i'm now looking for a way to ice up my IG troops.

So if anyone has any tips or advice that would be most welcome.  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:10 pm
merydell

since my chapter is based on an ice world i wanted to go with the vostroiyan but those are pretty expensive so i'm now looking for a way to ice up my IG troops.

One relatively simple conversion would be using greenstuff (or other putty) to extend their blouse down to their knees or slightly past, so that it looks like a long coat instead of just a shirt. Valhallans are another good source of inspiration, since they're based on Russian soldiers.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 pm
DarkElf27
merydell

One relatively simple conversion would be using greenstuff (or other putty) to extend their blouse down to their knees or slightly past, so that it looks like a long coat instead of just a shirt. Valhallans are another good source of inspiration, since they're based on Russian soldiers.

i could take a look at that, though i've never used green stuff before sweatdrop  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:30 pm
I decided to use the Exarch bits and the legs from the Guardian, I liked the way the Exarch looks, he looks far more impressive crushed underfoot than the Guardian would I think. I'm thinking about modelling the Guardian to look like he was bisected, but anyways I got a couple of pictures of what the Exarch looks like crushed underfoot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 pm
DarkElf27

So I did it, it doesn't look incredibly glorious or anything but I made it look like he is stepping down on the Exarch pretty much. I had to pull some shenanigans because I just didn't have the time or patience to model the Exarch enough that his foot would be flat and thus his other foot was raising up. So I used some pieces of random stuff to put his other foot kind of on a platform so that his right foot would be stable and then I glued them both down, I figure I'll use my snow and such to make it look a little more presentable later on.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:05 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

So I did it, it doesn't look incredibly glorious or anything but I made it look like he is stepping down on the Exarch pretty much. I had to pull some shenanigans because I just didn't have the time or patience to model the Exarch enough that his foot would be flat and thus his other foot was raising up. So I used some pieces of random stuff to put his other foot kind of on a platform so that his right foot would be stable and then I glued them both down, I figure I'll use my snow and such to make it look a little more presentable later on.
Nice! Pics?

Sorry I've been intermittent in replies and whatnot, my schedule's been a bit hectic. xp  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff