Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:11 am
TeaDidikai
I've been asked to consult on the Egyptian Themed Halloween decorations for work. heart

surprised What are you gonna do?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 pm
maenad nuri
Namikikyo
Nuri, I would love to hear your presentation. Is there any way you can get it on the internet?

I'm still planning on doing the podcast, and a text version as my pathways topic. smile

Oh, that sounds lovely! I can't wait to read and hear it!

Namikikyo

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:20 pm
I'm sensing that I'm going to need information on why G~ is a slur in the near future, since I just called that a*****e in M&R on it.

Also a link to Tea's petition.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:06 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I'm sensing that I'm going to need information on why G~ is a slur in the near future, since I just called that a*****e in M&R on it.

Also a link to Tea's petition.

Tea's Petition  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:15 pm
rmcdra
"Pokeball Go! I choose you Sonic!"
xd

blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:22 pm
True Colours of Destiny
How much would it cost and what would it run on? rofl

Oh, about a dozen million for the 2 dozen crew variety.
Solar power mostly.
There would be room for a hot-house and moisture collectors. Meat would require interaction with the world below, but a small number of goats would be sustainable for milk and cheese.  

Fiddlers Green

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:17 pm
Fiddlers Green
True Colours of Destiny
How much would it cost and what would it run on? rofl

Oh, about a dozen million for the 2 dozen crew variety.
Solar power mostly.
There would be room for a hot-house and moisture collectors. Meat would require interaction with the world below, but a small number of goats would be sustainable for milk and cheese.

That would require to constantly move though, wouldn't it.

Also, considering you called it a citadel and that conjures up a particular image, due to the shadow it would cause, you'd have to pretty much let it float over a body of water due to the detrimental effects a shadow can bring. twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:43 pm
I've been humming a theme and variation of Purcell's Dido's Lament in my head for the last half an hour or so. It's beautiful and grand, and I keep adding on instruments, but I'm not sure I can do it justice on paper since it keeps changing in my head. I really think that the way my head works is why I'm such a sucky composer. My mind is constantly on the move and it feels like trying to write anything down just distracts me from the moment and ruins everything.

And I second the idea of an airship.  

Ainwyn

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:26 pm
Just watched Session 9. I'm beyond freaked out. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:40 am
Sophist
TeaDidikai
I've been asked to consult on the Egyptian Themed Halloween decorations for work. heart

I'm going to depict scenes from the Incantation.
I also intend to write out a cipher for the hieroglyphs so I can print people's names and "If you can read this you are over educated" on everything they will let me.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist
TeaDidikai

I also intend to write out a cipher for the hieroglyphs so I can print people's names and "If you can read this you are over educated" on everything they will let me.

Ever since I found out there were no vowels in their alphabet I was wondering how a modified cipher might look. I guess just write out the consonants and let the vowels be assumed? Hmm.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:48 pm
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Sophist
TeaDidikai

Ever since I found out there were no vowels in their alphabet I was wondering how a modified cipher might look. I guess just write out the consonants and let the vowels be assumed? Hmm.
Pretty much.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Sophist
TeaDidikai

Pretty much.

Just in case you're not already prepared (which I doubt) a good book to refer to for the pronunciations of the hieroglyphs is "How to Read Egyptian Hieroglyphs" by Collier and Manley. It goes over how to pronounce the transliterated sounds, including the 1-consonant symbols, as well as helping to identify the arrangement of signs.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:58 pm
A good one indeed. wink  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:06 pm
Random request:

For all the computer techies in this guild, why are my word document temp files saving in the same folder that the document is? sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games