Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 am
I got the info from Gav's blog. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:16 am
Oh yeah, Gavin Thorpe's Mechanical Hamster called Dennis lol  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 am
Dennis. biggrin

I like his stuff, despite what most of the community seems to preach otherwise. Malekith has been most educational and Path of the Warrior has been a great insight into Eldar society.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 am
Agreed, I love the books that give you an insight into a culture or race, like you said with Malekith and Path of the Warrior. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the Eldar series, and I cant wait for the conclusion to the Sundering.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am
I still need to read Shadow King, which I'm told is really good and more of a combat oriented novel than Malekith.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 am
One thing I've noticed with the Sundering is that it follows a similar style to the Horus Heresy series. Horus Rising is a political piece, and building up to the action, same with Malekith. False Gods introduces an action element and the darker side to the overall story much like Shadowking, and with Caledor, it tells of the war between the Dark Elves and High Elves, same way as Galaxy in Flames.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:28 am
From what I've been told Imrik is going to get really mean with the Druchii.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 am
I must admit I cant wait to see how it ends. The story behind the Dark Elves and High Elves has always been something I loved about the Warhammer Fantasy storyline. Most stories in the Warhammer Fantasy universe all involve the same old story in fantasy. Dwarfs and Orcs and Goblins being the key example, as well as Dwarfs and Elves. The Sundering to me is unique, I haven't seen it in Fantasy lore.

Luckily with my birthday coming tomorrow I can get some money to spend on Aenarion, and then I'll have the current complete collection.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:43 am
A book on the War of the Beard would be great, especially seeing as Grombrindal plays an important role in it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:02 pm
That would be awesome, maybe it would be the next series of the Time of Legends.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 pm
Yes, I'm surprised they haven't relabelled the Von Carstein novels into a Time of Legends trilogy. A trilogy revolving around the three Emperors would be neat.

While we're on the subject of history, 40k could use its fair share of historical novels as well. We've got two about the Gothic War, so why not the first two wars for Armageddon, the Macharian Crusades and the Age of Apostacy.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 pm
I would like to see the rise of the Von Carsteins, you have so much to work on in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. War of the Beard, The Islands of Albion would make an interesting setting and maybe even the battle between the Wood Elves and the Beasts of chaos. Maybe the Von Carsteins will be put into the Warhammer Heroes series.

For Warhammer 40K the closest thing to history is the Space Marines battle series, although I was disappointed with Helsreach, Rynns World and The Hunt for Voldorius really worked well and I am excited for The Purging of Kadillus and The Fall of Damnos.
I do think that a series of novels bridging the gaps between the Horus Heresy and current storyline. I would love to see the Macharian Crusade shown in a series.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:35 pm
Three generations of Von Carsteins have been handled in their own trilogy a few years ago, which details their rise and fall(s). I haven't read it yet but our resident BL junkie has really enjoyed it. Albion is a place that they really need to revisit! They had a world-wide campaign involving it years ago, so a novel about the events taking place there would be great.

From what I've been told Helsreach is a bit of a downer because Grimaldus isn't really acting like a Chaplain but more like a spoiled manchild who is unhappy about his assignment. Now the Purging of Kadillus is classic history, the events during which the famous Scout Sergeant Naaman lost his life. I'd love to read about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Hmm I wonder if they'll re-release the trilogy, or reinvent it but that would be a bit difficult considering it already has been established in the official canon, but who knows. I remember the Islands of Albion, i researched it for a report linking Albion (former name of England before the Romans came on) and fiction and it was the first campaign I joined after started Warhammer.

I've never been that much of a fan of Black Templars so I went into the book without knowing what to expect from the characters, I only read it after being a fan of Rynns World. I managed to get a copy of the Kadillus campaign pack online and I really enjoyed the storyline. Naaman was a great character, and it would be interesting to see how his story changes.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 pm
Seeing as Gav will be writing it I'm sure he will do Naaman and the Angels justice. He wrote the classic Angels of Darkness novel, which if I am to believe our BL junkie is something of a mindf**k, pardon the language, in regards to what is the truth and what is not.

Though in the end, a lot of what is told in that novel might actually wind up in one of the future Horus Heresy novels dealing with the Dark Angels.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games