Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:15 am

patch99329

HONESTLY, I'm not gonk .

This was the original post, I thought I had written something close but it is slightly different, no better though :

' i think the early druid cult made human sacrifice,but the romans stop it.because it was yuck an this is where guy fawkes comes from.'
No more crack for them!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:27 am

TeaDidikai
patch99329

HONESTLY, I'm not gonk .

This was the original post, I thought I had written something close but it is slightly different, no better though :

' i think the early druid cult made human sacrifice,but the romans stop it.because it was yuck an this is where guy fawkes comes from.'
No more crack for them!

No more food or water either.

This guy is actually based in england too. At this time of year we have thousands of different documentaries and things about guy fawkes.

Anyway, It's okay, he was only a FEW centuries out, y'know. xd

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:38 am

Directed at Me
at the very least let me say, though you may call yourselves wiccan

I can't help it. I always find this s**t funny.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:14 am

Worst thing to say as a Pagan...

"I hate nature."

Lore Lux

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 am

Fan+asmagoric

"I hate nature."

Why is this a bad thing to say?

Being Pagan does not always equal anything related to nature.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:31 am

PhantomPhoenix0
Fan+asmagoric

"I hate nature."

Actually- I know this one gal who I love dearly- any time she sees a bug she points at it and yells "NATURE!" and her husband comes over and squashes it. rofl

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 am

TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
Fan+asmagoric

"I hate nature."

Actually- I know this one gal who I love dearly- any time she sees a bug she points at it and yells "NATURE!" and her husband comes over and squashes it. rofl

*Insert witty remark here*

I'd still like to know why saying "I hate nature" makes you a bad Pagan though.

or does she mean peagan?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:45 am

PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
Fan+asmagoric

"I hate nature."

or does she mean peagan?
Now now. I can understand how someone who's only understanding of the pagan scene comes from pop-pagan Witch-in-a-Week sources would confuse pagan with tree hugging hippies.

TeaDidikai

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 am

TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
Fan+asmagoric

"I hate nature."

or does she mean peagan?
Now now. I can understand how someone who's only understanding of the pagan scene comes from pop-pagan Witch-in-a-Week sources would confuse pagan with tree hugging hippies.

Whoa now...

I realize not everyone is into herbology and gardening...

For me personally, if I would be ashamed of myself if I said "I hate nature." I find nature very fascinating and full of intrigue. Throughout my life, nature has helped me define my life, without it, I would not be the same person.

And for the record, I am not a "tree hugging hippy."

And I am not a witch, so don't claim that I only understand pagan culture from "pop-pagan Witch-in-a-week sources." You know nothing about me, so your assumptions are not justified.

Granted, yes, there is a lot I don't know, but I didn't join this guild to be flamed. I joined to learn more.

I also realize that the term Pagan covers many different beliefs.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Fan+asmagoric
For me personally, if I would be ashamed of myself if I said "I hate nature." I find nature very fascinating and full of intrigue. Throughout my life, nature has helped me define my life, without it, I would not be the same person.

Understandable, but you put down that it makes you a bad Pagan to say so. You even say that Pagan covers many different beliefs, but saying that "I hate nature" is a bad thing to say as one, it lumps us all into the Pop-Wicca scene, which not many of us would like.

Fan+asmagoric
And I am not a witch, so don't claim that I only understand pagan culture from "pop-pagan Witch-in-a-week sources." You know nothing about me, so your assumptions are not justified.

With all due respect, I saw a new person posting in the guild saying that hating nature makes you a bad Pagan. It raised an instant red flag as something that a fluffy pop-Wiccan would say (and believe me, I've seen my share). You've said that you aren't, I'll remember it in the future.

Fan+asmagoric
Granted, yes, there is a lot I don't know, but I didn't join this guild to be flamed. I joined to learn more.

I'll admit, what I said was a bit close to harsh, but it wasnt a flame, nor would I consider it anywhere near one. I'm a naturally hostile person, and an a*****e at times. It doesnt mean I'm attacking you though.

Fan+asmagoric

Then why say it makes you a bad Pagan if you dont like nature?

PhantomPhoenix0

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Fan+asmagoric
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
Fan+asmagoric

"I hate nature."

or does she mean peagan?

Whoa now...

I think the main point was that not all Pagan religions are nature-based, especially when you go with the broader definition of the word "Pagan". Granted, the delivery wasn't necessarily the most tactful, but I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. The guild members here tend to be pretty quick about shredding any inaccuracies that pop up (that being a major component of "fluffy rehabilitation"), and if you're not familiar with serious source-citing, logic-wielding discussion it can seem a little rough at first. The people here are some of the most aggressive debaters I've ever known, and I've learned a lot just by reading and following along. My advice for a newcomer? Read, post, give people the benefit of the doubt when they criticize you, and you may grow to like it.

/off topic

"Is that a Maypole in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" wink
-stolen from this website.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:59 pm

PhantomPhoenix0
Fan+asmagoric

Understandable, but you put down that it makes you a bad Pagan to say so. You even say that Pagan covers many different beliefs, but saying that "I hate nature" is a bad thing to say as one, it lumps us all into the Pop-Wicca scene, which not many of us would like.

Fan+asmagoric

With all due respect, I saw a new person posting in the guild saying that hating nature makes you a bad Pagan. It raised an instant red flag as something that a fluffy pop-Wiccan would say (and believe me, I've seen my share). You've said that you aren't, I'll remember it in the future.

Fan+asmagoric

I'll admit, what I said was a bit close to harsh, but it wasnt a flame, nor would I consider it anywhere near one. I'm a naturally hostile person, and an a*****e at times. It doesnt mean I'm attacking you though.

Fan+asmagoric

Then why say it makes you a bad Pagan if you dont like nature?

To answer your last question, the circle of Pagans I know and spend time with offline are very nature based. While I realize that there are many different groups that fit under the umbrella term of Pagan, my lack of offline contact with leads me to forget that not all Pagans are nature based.

And I apologize if I came across the wrong way. My intention was not to make other types of Pagans "bad."

And yes, it probably would have been better for me to have introduced myself to the guild before posting. I don't blame you or hold anything against you for pulling up the mental red flag.

Lore Lux

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:07 pm

mute_coyote
Fan+asmagoric
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai

or does she mean peagan?

Whoa now...

I think the main point was that not all Pagan religions are nature-based, especially when you go with the broader definition of the word "Pagan". Granted, the delivery wasn't necessarily the most tactful, but I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. The guild members here tend to be pretty quick about shredding any inaccuracies that pop up (that being a major component of "fluffy rehabilitation"), and if you're not familiar with serious source-citing, logic-wielding discussion it can seem a little rough at first. The people here are some of the most aggressive debaters I've ever known, and I've learned a lot just by reading and following along. My advice for a newcomer? Read, post, give people the benefit of the doubt when they criticize you, and you may grow to like it.

/off topic

"Is that a Maypole in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" wink
-stolen from this website.

I read some of the posts before sending my request to join. I think reading and participating in debates backed up by cited information is a really powerful way to become aware of other ideas and perspectives.

And so far, this guild is more intense than any other forum I've seen on Gaia.
It would be a shame to see the level of intellect and critical response drop to the level of the GD (which I highly doubt will happen...).

Back on topic...

"Is that a Maypole in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

That's hilarious! rofl
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:53 pm

For the record, while it's pretty to look at, I don't care much for nature at all...

I like my computer. *hugs computer*

PirateEire

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:36 pm

PirateEire
For the record, while it's pretty to look at, I don't care much for nature at all...

I like my computer. *hugs computer*
I hear ya.

We have a saying in my family. "Being a G~ is only fun until you run out of clean underwear."
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games