Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 pm
Hi! I'm new to the guild, but not to paganism. Been pagan for about 5 years and I joined to get involved in intelligent conversation. If you ever need advice on anything, feel free to PM me!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:08 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
If you ever need advice on anything, feel free to PM me!

Welcome to the guild.

What credentials do you have that would make you someone to turn to for advice?  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 pm
I'm a good listener and if I don't know much about a certain problem I will be glad to learn alongside whoever I'm talking with. I feel like different insights to certain problems should be taken into consideration before making big decisions, and my advice shouldn't be the only advice considered before moving forward.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:04 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
I'm a good listener and if I don't know much about a certain problem I will be glad to learn alongside whoever I'm talking with. I feel like different insights to certain problems should be taken into consideration before making big decisions, and my advice shouldn't be the only advice considered before moving forward.

That doesn't really provide much context.
And if you're hoping they'll get a well rounded group of opinions, how do you do this when they're communicating via PMs?  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:19 pm
I'm sure they have other friends to contact. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
I'm sure they have other friends to contact. smile

Could you perhaps give us some idea about what you have studied?  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm
I'm going to school for anthropology and religious studies and German. I love discussing cultures and religions, but don't claim any kind of proficency in the German language. When it comes to paganism I do astral work and energy work, though I wish I would have more time to do both. Triple majoring doesn't really leave time for much else.

However, I am interested in doing more healing work. Or I guess I should say "start" doing healing work.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
I'm going to school for anthropology and religious studies and German. I love discussing cultures and religions, but don't claim any kind of proficency in the German language. When it comes to paganism I do astral work and energy work, though I wish I would have more time to do both. Triple majoring doesn't really leave time for much else.

However, I am interested in doing more healing work. Or I guess I should say "start" doing healing work.
Do you have a specific tradition?
What books have you read about your practices?  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:05 pm
I'm in the middle of coming out of eclectic paganism and into forming my own tradition or path. I have plenty of books (well plenty in my opinion) but have actually read: Edain McCoy's If You Want to be a Witch, Buckland's Big Blue Book, some Scott Cunningham, a part of Nocturnal Witchcraft (still working my way through that one), Ganapati Song of the Self, Kessler's Studying Religion...and I'm sure a few others that have influenced me. There are also books that are partially read somewhere that I can't think of at the moment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:11 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
I'm in the middle of coming out of eclectic paganism and into forming my own tradition or path. I have plenty of books (well plenty in my opinion) but have actually read: Edain McCoy's If You Want to be a Witch, Buckland's Big Blue Book, some Scott Cunningham, a part of Nocturnal Witchcraft (still working my way through that one), Ganapati Song of the Self, Kessler's Studying Religion...and I'm sure a few others that have influenced me. There are also books that are partially read somewhere that I can't think of at the moment.
~wince~ Heh... hoboy.

Well, like I said, welcome to the guild.  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Sam Oaken Willow 17
~wince~ Heh... hoboy.

Spill it. You know you wanna. Let it out.

On a side note, "hoboy" just sounded funny in my head.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
TeaDidikai
Sam Oaken Willow 17
~wince~ Heh... hoboy.

Spill it. You know you wanna. Let it out.

On a side note, "hoboy" just sounded funny in my head.

Two racists, one initiate who ended up having his work sold under a mislabeled title...  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm
Okay now you lost me. Explain please?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:33 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
McCoy and Buckland are two of the biggest racists who publish in the pagan scene.

Cunningham was initiated, but what he wrote about wasn't of the Wica and didn't do a good job of distinguishing between itself and the cult.  

TeaDidikai

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Sam Oaken Willow 17
McCoy and Buckland are two of the biggest racists who publish in the pagan scene.

Cunningham was initiated, but what he wrote about wasn't of the Wica and didn't do a good job of distinguishing between itself and the cult.

That's okay because I'm not Wiccan nor do I claim to be.

And have you ever actually met McCoy and Buckland? Because I feel like Buckland came off as an a** in the Blue Book, but I hear from someone who has met him that he is a really nice person. Same thing for McCoy, though her books don't rub me the wrong way.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games