Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:57 pm
A Lost Iguana
Invi wishes he was living in Ancient Greece with Boris as his mentor.

eek
Ohyes, oh yes how true. But hey, who doesn't?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:30 am
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

eek

rolleyes
Er, me. His voice isn't that sexy. Butofcourse, I probably have absolutely no idea what on earth I'm talking about.  

Arivel

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:47 am
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

eek

XD It's his cheeky smile, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:21 am
I don't. He annoys me.

Lauren Harris' drummer looks like a camped up Boris Johnson.

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:55 am
Scary, scary people. But, like Morris Dancers, it cheers and amuses me that they exist.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~serpent/alfs/index.html  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:53 am
Gaia has changed the tone of the usual blue, and this new incarnation seems to be a bit too disco and bright. Unless it's just my screen that makes it look different.

Would a darker blue be slightly better? I'm tempted. It's what I tend to use on other forums, too.

Have we any opinions?

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:50 pm
Go for the darker blue. It's more suave. Kind of urban chic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:50 am
Alea iacta est, and all that!  

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=22925967#1097305716

Any views?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:02 pm
Invictus_88

Any views?

Sounds like Francis idealism to me razz

It's a fantastic idea actually, it'd just require enormous funding and international support.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:38 am
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88

Any views?

Sounds like Francis idealism to me razz

It's a fantastic idea actually, it'd just require enormous funding and international support.

We've been overdue for a grand British project since the end of the 1920s, I think it's time we did something worthwhile. Something of permanence, and practical use, and human value. And best of all, it would not be for us, but for the totality of humanity. Benevolence, whilst adding to national prestige and (crucially) integrity in an era when it is so lacking and sorely needed.

Just to show we're still a proper country, it'd be good to do something great. Properly great. Even if just once, as a last hurrah.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 am
I'm not sure if it would receive sufficient funding and support. Most similar flagship projects have all been built in depressed or periphery areas, and so have been financially assisted by EU leader funding (or is it objective funding? I always forget which one is which...) as they help enormously to develop the local economy. Witness the Eden Project, or on a smaller scale, Machester's Lowry Centre, to take an example off the top of my head. The Dome is not located in a particularly depressed part of London and thus the secondary economic benefits of such a scheme would be limited.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:36 am
Lady of Spain
I'm not sure if it would receive sufficient funding and support. Most similar flagship projects have all been built in depressed or periphery areas, and so have been financially assisted by EU leader funding (or is it objective funding? I always forget which one is which...) as they help enormously to develop the local economy. Witness the Eden Project, or on a smaller scale, Machester's Lowry Centre, to take an example off the top of my head. The Dome is not located in a particularly depressed part of London and thus the secondary economic benefits of such a scheme would be limited.

People are too cynical. It can be done.

Not done with hope, obviously. It is done with cash, and hard work, but it's worthwhile, and faith in success is the embryo.

It can be done.

Such a project would be bigger, naturally. But the benefits would be far greater, too. Past projects have been expensive reconstructions of the same, so I don't see that it would be too much to attempt something brave and groundbreaking for the same money.

And location is neither here or there for most intents and purposes, when the information is stored and distributed electronically.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:21 am
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricketworldcup2003/overbyover/story/0,12864,914033,00.html

...and people say the Guardian's not a comic book.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:32 am
I had an icecream today. It was nice and the sun was shining.

So P2  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games