Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
Well...That's unfortunate, I started painting Thursday and now they are already almost done...
Aw, so you don't have any other units laying around you could start work on? Aren't you in the middle of constructing a Knight?

I am indeed, I've got two of the four main assemblies I'm going to have done right now, the torso and the legs and pelvis, however I want to try to get someone to give me some spare Eldar bitz so I can have him stomping around Eldar corpses.
Well you can take a photo of it as-is with your username and that's your starting entry right there.

I have some Eldar Guardian bits around, if you want to do some trading?

I don't really have anything to trade honestly, it's hard enough as it is for me to try to buy Space Marines, I just recently got a lot of units that I could make a half-way decent army.

As for entering the Knight, I don't think I'd be able to finish it by the deadline, I don't have every paint I need and I'm probably going to take a lot of time on this one since I'm not the best painter in the world.
*shrug* Never hurts to throw your hat in. There's two and a half months until the deadline, you never know.

How big is the base, how many Eldar were you planning on strewing across it?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:42 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
Well...That's unfortunate, I started painting Thursday and now they are already almost done...
Aw, so you don't have any other units laying around you could start work on? Aren't you in the middle of constructing a Knight?

I am indeed, I've got two of the four main assemblies I'm going to have done right now, the torso and the legs and pelvis, however I want to try to get someone to give me some spare Eldar bitz so I can have him stomping around Eldar corpses.
Well you can take a photo of it as-is with your username and that's your starting entry right there.

I have some Eldar Guardian bits around, if you want to do some trading?

I don't really have anything to trade honestly, it's hard enough as it is for me to try to buy Space Marines, I just recently got a lot of units that I could make a half-way decent army.

As for entering the Knight, I don't think I'd be able to finish it by the deadline, I don't have every paint I need and I'm probably going to take a lot of time on this one since I'm not the best painter in the world.
*shrug* Never hurts to throw your hat in. There's two and a half months until the deadline, you never know.

How big is the base, how many Eldar were you planning on strewing across it?

Well what I figured I'd do, is I'd try to get as much of an Eldar body I could and maybe file it down and mess with it and have it being crushed under one of the feet. Then maybe just have some parts, like helmets and maybe a couple of weapons just sort of strewn at his feet, maybe even a banner or something nothing extremely extravagant.

He's got like a monstrous creature type base, that big oval one.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am
I can spot you the bits for a Guardian, I've got loads of those around... I can vouch that they're good for stomping. wink

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:14 pm
DarkElf27
I can spot you the bits for a Guardian, I've got loads of those around... I can vouch that they're good for stomping. wink

User Image

I'd appreciate it, it's one of the details I need to be able to put him on the base because I got three of the four sub-assemblies going right now. I've got his giant chainsword arm, his torso with his head and such, and then his pelvis and legs. I'm also trying to figure out a non-perminant solution to getting the most of my money by being able to switch him between Knight Errant and Knight Paladin. Not sure if I can make it work with magnets though...  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm
How much cocaine did the pilot snort? blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:35 pm
Lady Blodwynn
How much cocaine did the pilot snort? blaugh
Hah! Enough, ate his burrito in a bit of a manic fit.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:36 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

User Image

I'd appreciate it, it's one of the details I need to be able to put him on the base because I got three of the four sub-assemblies going right now. I've got his giant chainsword arm, his torso with his head and such, and then his pelvis and legs. I'm also trying to figure out a non-perminant solution to getting the most of my money by being able to switch him between Knight Errant and Knight Paladin. Not sure if I can make it work with magnets though...
What's the physical difference between them?

PM me a mailing address and I'll send it off to you when I get a spare minute.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:44 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

User Image

The Errant has the Fusion Weapon, that melta looking thing, and the Paladin has the Battle Cannon thing, it's pretty much the right arms are different.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:49 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

User Image

The Errant has the Fusion Weapon, that melta looking thing, and the Paladin has the Battle Cannon thing, it's pretty much the right arms are different.
Can you magnetize the whole arm, or do they have parts in common?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

User Image

Can you magnetize the whole arm, or do they have parts in common?

Can't do the whole arm, there is only one arm for two different options, I'd have to try to magnetize the weapon and it's components somehow...But that's the hard part I spose.

The main part of the gun is pretty much the same it's the front of it that is different, if I get a chance I'll try to get a couple of pictures from the assembly booklet.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:24 pm
DarkElf27

So, what I ended up doing is...I found some guys on youtube that had been thinking the same thing and wanted to have both weapon options available and used magnetization. What I did is I filled the main arm assembly's front hole with pucky so that I can drill it out and fit a magnet, then I filled the holes on both of the guns with pucky so that I could fit a magnet in both of them. I glued the stubber's clip and ejector onto the main rapid fire battle cannon, then I glued all the parts together on the battle cannon's ammo box and then filled it with pucky so I can put a magnet on it, I glued a small piece of sheet metal inside of the main arm so that the magnets on the ammo box and the gas tank for the melta cannon thing will grip to the side and I don't have to worry about polarity. So now I just got to wait a day for everything to be completely dry and then I can touch it up, sand it a bit, drill the holes, drop the magnets and I'll have an arm that I can fit both weapon choices on it. I decided to leave the gun more like the battle cannon assembly and didn't put the hoses inside the back of the arm and I shaved off the nub that one of the hoses is supposed to attach to on the gas tank and left the back open like it would be on the battle cannon for ejecting shells.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:26 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

So, what I ended up doing is...I found some guys on youtube that had been thinking the same thing and wanted to have both weapon options available and used magnetization. What I did is I filled the main arm assembly's front hole with pucky so that I can drill it out and fit a magnet, then I filled the holes on both of the guns with pucky so that I could fit a magnet in both of them. I glued the stubber's clip and ejector onto the main rapid fire battle cannon, then I glued all the parts together on the battle cannon's ammo box and then filled it with pucky so I can put a magnet on it, I glued a small piece of sheet metal inside of the main arm so that the magnets on the ammo box and the gas tank for the melta cannon thing will grip to the side and I don't have to worry about polarity. So now I just got to wait a day for everything to be completely dry and then I can touch it up, sand it a bit, drill the holes, drop the magnets and I'll have an arm that I can fit both weapon choices on it. I decided to leave the gun more like the battle cannon assembly and didn't put the hoses inside the back of the arm and I shaved off the nub that one of the hoses is supposed to attach to on the gas tank and left the back open like it would be on the battle cannon for ejecting shells.
I like that, creating your flat surface with the milliput or putty... I'll probably end up doing that with my Leman Russ sponsons.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:20 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

I like that, creating your flat surface with the milliput or putty... I'll probably end up doing that with my Leman Russ sponsons.

Yep worked like a charm. The ammo box doesn't stick as good as the gas tank but it's on there good enough that the only thing that will knock it off is if you move it too hard or to fast.

Took some pictures of what I did basically.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 pm
Went looking for some Eldar bitz but all the cool stuff is sold out on the site that I have...Thought maybe a part of a Wave Serpent hull would look kind of cool sticking out behind my knight as though he sawed it off with the Reaper. But alas all that is sold out, apparently Eldar are popular...Ha...Ha...Ha...  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:50 am
Volan d Vol

Yep worked like a charm. The ammo box doesn't stick as good as the gas tank but it's on there good enough that the only thing that will knock it off is if you move it too hard or to fast.

Took some pictures of what I did basically.

Job's a good 'un!  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces