Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

And... I seriously need to learn to shut-up.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Three actually, Captain," Ronna said with a slight bow of her head. "And that is towards me. I was more concerned with the fact Cameron thinks there are only beaters on a team. He's a better beater than than that. I mean did you see his save for Alex? It was-"

Suddenly she turned bright red realizing she had just talked back, showing rudeness, and that she also in some ways sabotaged her own chances by pointing out the strengths of another, of course she wasn't wanting to be on the team as beater she wanted a reserve spot, so wouldn't it be natural she would be watching the other beaters so she could learn from them?

Still bright red in embarrassment Ronna said, "Um... I'll... yeah..." She pointed to the air above them and mounted her broom. She got onto her broom and quickly rose into the air and circled a bit analyzing the field and teams. Ronna figured if her quick words pissed off Elli too much she could always call her down again and then ask her to leave. She shook her head still bright faced, not believing that she had the idiocy to talk back to the captain, especially after the captain already apparently thought Ronna hated her and totally missed that Ronna was evaluating Elli's leadership as a whole.

Team One
Position: Applying for Beater
Aiming at:
Roll:
Total:
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer) -1 (lost life) =14
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team) -1 (from life)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [X] [0] [0]

Hit by Bludger: 3
Saved from Bludger: 0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

David froze for a minute as he felt his hand close around the snitch. "I caught it..." he said. "I got the snitch!" he called out. That was twice in one day how was that possible. If only Shayna could see him now. This was definitely a whole new year and a whole new David. Deep down he believed that Gryffindor could win this year if they really worked as a team.

With: Quidditch Team...

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (3/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (1/2 attempts)
AC: 17
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Rawwry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Muggleborn // Single

Caitlin turned on Leo's shout, reaching out for the ball and caught it...Only for it to be knocked out of her hands. She growled angrily and flew after the younger girl, bound and determined to get the bloody ball back and make a goal. She had to prove herself this year. There were only two chasers spots open and she really, really wanted one.

Team One
                                                                  Position: Chaser
                                                                  Modifiers: (+7 on shots) (+7 on steals)
                                                                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe.
                                                                  {Life} {Life} {Life}
                                                                  0/3

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

Caitlin beamed when she managed to knock the quaffle out of the younger girl's hands. She tucked it under her arm and turned directions, speeding toward Crash and the goal posts. Cait bit her lip, focusing on the task at hand. Although, she was a bit worried that Alex would come back and take the quaffle from her again.

Team One
                                                                  {Life} {Life} {Life}
                                                                  1/3

User Image  

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:47 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron crossed his arms and his eyes narrowed onto Ronna as Elli spoke to her about yelling at her teammates. Although he didn't say anything, his physicality showed that he agreed with the captain. When Elli addressed Cameron, the boy dropped his arms by his side. "Okay," he said with a sigh. What else could he say? It wasn't like he wasn't open to aiming at other people. It was just the tryouts and beaters were competing with each other for a position on the team. Aiming at other beaters seemed to be the easiest way to separate the weak from the strong. When the captain told them both to get back in the air, Cameron was about to hop on his broom until Ronna spoke. Are you kidding me?! The boy cut her off even though the blonde shut her mouth for a different reason. "Okay, so I hit you three times! Big whoop." In the past, no one has ever made that a problem. Especially since one of those three times was because he sent a bludger back at whoever hit it in the first place! "I know I can aim at other people, and I'm perfectly aware that there are other players on the goddam team!" The sixth year huffed and jumped on his broom, then flew towards the stands and climbed up several steps to pick up his water bottle. Picking it up, he gulped half of it within three seconds. The boy definitely needed to take a breather.

Team: 2
Armour Class: +16
Aiming At:
Targets Hit: 0
People Hit: 3
Bludgers Blocked: 1
Modifiers: (hitting bludger +6)
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Total Roll:
Hit Bludger: 4+ without Modifier
Block Bludger: 16+
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

And... I seriously need to learn to shut-up.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna figured she would keep in the try-outs until Elli called her down again, which was likely thanks to the fact that Ronna had apparently never learned to shut-up. She wondered if Gryffindor would benefit from providing the house anger management classes? Especially when Cameron snapped back at her. Obviously it wouldn't hurt with the hot tempers many, including herself, had. God, him and Elli were a pair, with the fact that they only heard the bad and not the good in what was said. She wondered briefly if they ever got together and had kids if their kids would have the same problem.

Shaking her head she watched the chaser battle below. She briefly thought about aiming towards Alex, who had managed to be protected from two of Ronna's bludgers. It was impressive for a first year. Of course the first time was more of the impressive skills of Cameron.

She decided that aiming at the same person a third time-even if they never got hit-just seemed petty so she went for the other teams keeper. She couldn't help but feel a little bad for Crash as she swung her bat. Odds weren't necessarily in his favor to dodge this coming bludger. Of course, Alex had managed to be missed by two bludgers and she was a first year, so who knew? Maybe Ronna would have the bad luck.

Team One
Position: Applying for Beater
Aiming at: Crash
Roll: 18
Total: 18 +1 +2 -1 =20
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer) -1 (lost life) =14
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team) -1 (from life)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [X] [0] [0]

Hit by Bludger: 4
Saved from Bludger: 0

Essy ze Ninja

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:52 pm
User Image

Leonette was about to help get the quaffle back when Caitlin took care of it. Flying over to her as she headed to the goal she kept an eye on Alex. "I got your back Cait!" she called to her. It was about time Caitlin had a chance to score she deserved it. Not that Alex didn't but They'd been letting her have all the shots. Which she appreciated a lot.

Wearing: Try-out outfit

OOC: Team 1 (0/3)
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, -1 hit
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Just as easily as Alex managed to knock the quaffle out of Caitlin's hands, the older girl stole it back. The eleven year old turned around and headed in the same direction as the older girl. Once she felt she was probably, hopefully, close enough, Alexandria reached out to push the quaffle from Caitlin's hands.

Armour Class: +12
Shots Blocked: 0
Modifiers: (blocking goals +4)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 11
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

Caitlin let out a breath of relief when she managed to dodge on of Alex's steal attempts. She glanced over at Leo, so she knew where she was -- in the case she had to pass -- she'd really rather take the shot on her own. A little bit more of the field and she'd be ready to throw the quaffle through a hoop.

Team One
                                                                  {Life} {Life} {Life}
                                                                  2/3

User Image  
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:04 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria huffed a loud sigh when she realized she had missed Caitlin. Dang it! The girl was just too far away. After a couple more seconds of trailing behind the brunette, the first year reached out again. Hopefully, she could knock it out of the girl's hands.

Armour Class: +12
Shots Blocked: 0
Modifiers: (blocking goals +4)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 2
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:08 pm
User Image

"Go Cait!" Leonette shouted. This was all Caitlin. She watched intently as Alex failed to steal the quaffle twice leaving the goal wide open. She couldn't help but be excited. She could hear that her cousin caught the snitch again and it brought an even bigger smile to her face. What was everyone talking about Gryffindor was a great team to be apart of.

Wearing: Try-out outfit

OOC: Team 1 (0/3)
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, -1 hit
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

Rawwry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

Caitlin blinked when Leo cheered her on. It took her a moment to realize she could take a shot. But when she did, Cait reeled her arm back and threw the ball forward with all the power she could muster.

Team One
                                                                  {Life} {Life} {Life}
                                                                  3/3

User Image  

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: I'm probably not going to get an actual spot...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Gryffindor Team Tryouts]

Toby took the potion gratefully. "Thanks, Captain. I'll be back in soon." He took the potion and washed it down with water, feeling his injuries heal for the most part, though his rib and leg occasionally twinged. After a few minutes he was back on his broom, and kicked off into the air. He wasn't going to make a move straight away, no sir. He just circled slowly, watching and waiting.

Younger now than we were before.

TEAM 2
Position: Trying Out for Beater
AC: 12
Mods: +2 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)(X)(X)(X)

((This is my first time, ever, rping a character playing Quidditch. The dice system confuses the heck out of me but I'm going to try. Please let me know if I do anything wrong, guys. Thanks!))

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 pm
They said all teenagers scare the living s h i t out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt

What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

The red quaffle exchanged hands, and Alex's attempts at steals were always so close, but not enough. Cait was pressing forward and broke past his chasers to aim a shot at the goal. He grit his teeth and braced himself, throwing both hands to try and block, even if it meant losing his balance.
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Team Two: Keeper
AC= 12
Mods= (+4 to block the quaffle) (+2 to flying)
Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
((on mobile))
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:16 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}Mood: Disappointed

Theo almost wanted to give up as he watched the same older boy catch the snitch. He wanted to be taught how to play Seeker. He wanted to learn as much as possible, but he wouldn't have much attention. He didn't even know if he would make the team or not right now. There were three other ones, who obviously have played before. He had spotted the snitch the first time and he was tailing the older kids, but this time, before he realized the snitch was even released again, they were on its tail, and before he even could turn around, it seemed as if they caught it.

He sulked a bit. He never had been beaten this badly before, And usually it was the other way around. He hated it. He wanted to perfect his game. He knew what he was going to be practicing while he was here too. This game invigorated him. And it was because it was new. Something he never tried before. It was...amazing.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games