Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 pm
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Ugh, 4 hours of airbrushing will definitely give you a thumb cramp. sweatdrop
Thou art weak. emotion_donotwant
It's a new tool for me! I've only used an airbrush twice. xP
Got things to show off? blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:49 pm
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Ugh, 4 hours of airbrushing will definitely give you a thumb cramp. sweatdrop
Thou art weak. emotion_donotwant
It's a new tool for me! I've only used an airbrush twice. xP
Got things to show off? blaugh
Hehe, nothing worth taking photos just yet, I'm using it to apply the base layer of paint for the fleshy tones on my Tyranids, about 70% or better of the model surface area. Just looks like re-priming.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:49 pm
I stripped the paint off of my friends Space Wolves since he game me permission, and I am going to paint a tactical squad in Sons of Orar in his honor since he loves that chapter now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:00 am
Still a WIP, but slowly getting there, still need to do the armoured plates for the arms and well, a lot of tidying up.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 pm
Is it done?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:17 am
I got my, "in honor of" Sons of Orar tactical squad almost done. I'll try to put up some pictures and see what you guys think maybe in a couple days or so.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:29 am
Anybody starting new projects? Take pictures before you get started so you can enter the Spring Painting Contest!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:53 am
Well...That's unfortunate, I started painting Thursday and now they are already almost done...  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:16 am
Well.. I know I'm not painting them, but they are mine and they are getting done and I'm extremely excited about them. So I figured I'd post pictures to show off. c:

User Image

User Image

User Image

(Big image) http://i.imgur.com/CICAkFR.jpg

User Image

User Image

So, that's where they currently stand. 30 Infantry done, 2 Valkyries done. 1 Squad is fully complete and the last 3 Squads need anywhere from 1-5 models in the last 10 to finish off my troop choices.

Still have 7 more flyers and my CCS to go though! John has been incredible to work with and he and I have been very communicative about how I want these painted and what to do with the models. I've built and assembled them all personally and he's just done the detail and paint. Great guy, excellent work. Much better than what I could do and it really gives life to the models.

I can answer any questions about 'em for those curious enough. c:

Also; Accepting names for Troopers and for Pilot's and RIO's. I have 3 Valkyries that require Pilot and RIO's as well as about 40 Infantry that need names. c:  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:52 am
Volan d Vol
Well...That's unfortunate, I started painting Thursday and now they are already almost done...
Aw, so you don't have any other units laying around you could start work on? Aren't you in the middle of constructing a Knight?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:50 am
Sir Kyle Aziz
Well.. I know I'm not painting them, but they are mine and they are getting done and I'm extremely excited about them. So I figured I'd post pictures to show off. c:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

So, that's where they currently stand. 30 Infantry done, 2 Valkyries done. 1 Squad is fully complete and the last 3 Squads need anywhere from 1-5 models in the last 10 to finish off my troop choices.

Still have 7 more flyers and my CCS to go though! John has been incredible to work with and he and I have been very communicative about how I want these painted and what to do with the models. I've built and assembled them all personally and he's just done the detail and paint. Great guy, excellent work. Much better than what I could do and it really gives life to the models.

Also; Accepting names for Troopers and for Pilot's and RIO's. I have 3 Valkyries that require Pilot and RIO's as well as about 40 Infantry that need names. c:
HOLY s**t, these are yours?!?! I saw them on Dakka Dakka a few days ago, you lucky man you! User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:38 am
Lt. Brookman
Sir Kyle Aziz

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

HOLY s**t, these are yours?!?! I saw them on Dakka Dakka a few days ago, you lucky man you! User Image

Yes they are. c: John is excellent, and I'm super happy that I've got him doing them. They're currently in the mail on their way to me. I also thought you might have seen them since I know you frequent Dakka.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:21 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
Aw, so you don't have any other units laying around you could start work on? Aren't you in the middle of constructing a Knight?

I am indeed, I've got two of the four main assemblies I'm going to have done right now, the torso and the legs and pelvis, however I want to try to get someone to give me some spare Eldar bitz so I can have him stomping around Eldar corpses.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

I am indeed, I've got two of the four main assemblies I'm going to have done right now, the torso and the legs and pelvis, however I want to try to get someone to give me some spare Eldar bitz so I can have him stomping around Eldar corpses.
Well you can take a photo of it as-is with your username and that's your starting entry right there.

I have some Eldar Guardian bits around, if you want to do some trading?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:28 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Well you can take a photo of it as-is with your username and that's your starting entry right there.

I have some Eldar Guardian bits around, if you want to do some trading?

I don't really have anything to trade honestly, it's hard enough as it is for me to try to buy Space Marines, I just recently got a lot of units that I could make a half-way decent army.

As for entering the Knight, I don't think I'd be able to finish it by the deadline, I don't have every paint I need and I'm probably going to take a lot of time on this one since I'm not the best painter in the world.

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff