Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:31 am
Lady Blodwynn
What kind of green pearl paint? From GW, or a third party?

I haven't done anything hobby related in years now, but an all too familiar itch is starting to creep back in. redface

maybe using waystone green would get the same effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 am
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

I haven't done anything hobby related in years now, but an all too familiar itch is starting to creep back in. redface

I'll put it in my little notebook of hobby things that I've written down over the years and may do, eventually. sweatdrop

Right now, maybe Death Guard. emotion_puke  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 am
Lady Blodwynn
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

I'll put it in my little notebook of hobby things that I've written down over the years and may do, eventually. sweatdrop

am currently working on a Seraphon Knight, and besides my lizards i still have my space wolves to deal with  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 am
merydell
Lady Blodwynn
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

am currently working on a Seraphon Knight, and besides my lizards i still have my space wolves to deal with
You should be your own blog thread here! wink

Are you trying to get everything ready in time for Malign Portents?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:57 am
Lady Blodwynn
merydell
Lady Blodwynn
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

You should be your own blog thread here! wink

haha, maybe i will make one when i get underway properly.

haha, haven't even thought about that yet, my and a mate bought a sigmar starter so we could fight it out. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 am
Come to think, what actually is Malign Portents going to be? I assume a campaign of some sort, but the site isn't all that helpful. sweatdrop

I'm surprised that one of the characters featured is a badass barbarian queen! surprised

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Come to think, what actually is Malign Portents going to be? I assume a campaign of some sort, but the site isn't all that helpful. sweatdrop

I'm surprised that one of the characters featured is a badass barbarian queen! surprised

It's probably going to be another big campaign, though not sure why as these usually have no impact on the game itself. I think they learned their lesson from previous campaigns.

Warhammer needs more cool babes!

Tho I also quite like this little warmongering stoner:

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 pm
Lady Blodwynn
That's just weird, nostalgia I guess? confused
Nostalgia sells well, just look at the mad dash for the reprint of Rogue Trader last year. That the reprint is of a high standard and a faithful reproduction doesn't hurt either. They even left the typos and other mistakes intact. lol

I had a friend attend the open day and pick me up a copy, it beats buying a second-hand copy from eBay or the like from either a scalper or ending up with a copy that's damaged beyond repair.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:56 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Come to think, what actually is Malign Portents going to be?
Malign Portents is going to be a big multimedia event that will be played out over the coming year, mainly geared towards world building and expanding on the current fluff for Age of Sigmar, with the Realm of Death being the main focus this time around, with the added bonus that the community can influence some of the things to come. If I recall correctly the realms of Fire and Beasts had something similar previously. Malign Portents will be dealing with how Nagash is exerting his will over the realms around him in his own insidious ways.

Right now the site is mostly a bare-bones primer (much like a lot of their other community sites), but they are adding short stories at steady intervals to build up more hype and plan on keeping players up to date on future events as well. Hopefully. sweatdrop

Nurgle is getting a lot of the initial releases in form of an army book of their own (Maggotkin) and new models this month. February and March will see the release of the four Harbingers (the champions previewed thus far), along with new scenery and a massive Malign Portents book dealing with a lot of the fluff, as well as scenarios and whatnot. This will be along the same lines as the previously released Realmgate Wars books. Black Library will probably be tying into this all with several novels and a lot of short stories / quick reads.

It is worth pointing out that Shadespire is also a part of this, as the titular city is located in the realm / land that this all is taking place in. It will be interesting to see if they'll tie future tournament results from official GW-run events into the bigger picture as well.

April and May seem to be reserved for Aelves, no word on what kind, though people say that these may either be based around those found in Warhammer Quest, Lovecraftian inspired elves relying heavily on squids and dragons to get around or ones who worship Slaanesh, though the latter may be a bit farfetched as right now Slaanesh is slated to get a big update around the end of this year.

Summer will see a massive campaign revolving around the realm itself, with the results being logged through an official site (or more likely, your local store if it partakes in the event, to prevent fraud as with the Medusa V campaign) and the final results are all tallied together into a narrative for the big four grand alliances involved in the campaign. It remains to be seen how this all will impact the future of the setting, but it may be interesting to see unfold.

On a lesser note, the codex cycle for 40k will come to an end this Summer (Orks being the last codex if rumours are true), after which GW will fully focus on releasing campaign books a-la Age of Sigmar's Realmgate Wars, meaning they'll release one or more massive tomes revolving around a single theatre of war or offensive, like say, Armageddon and flesh it out with fluff, themed scenarios, painting guides and special formations / whatnot. If anything like the Age of Sigmar books, these will be massive tomes of 300+ pages weighing in at around the same price as a Land Raider.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:57 pm
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

haha, haven't even thought about that yet, my and a mate bought a sigmar starter so we could fight it out. blaugh
If rumours are true, you've got until Summer to get your army ready. 3nodding  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 am
BrookM
wall of text
Does GW pay you per word? emotion_zzz  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 am
BrookM
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

hm, wel as far as the starter set goes that should be manageable, although i do want more units..always more. gonk  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm
merydell
BrookM
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

hm, wel as far as the starter set goes that should be manageable, although i do want more units..always more. gonk
Working with a plan, or just buying whatever catches your fancy? lol

If unsure on how to proceed, you could always read the army book first, which should have quite a few themed army formations in there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm
Lady Blodwynn
BrookM
wall of text
Does GW pay you per word? emotion_zzz
If I were paid by them I would be a bigger suck up then I am now.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 am
BrookM
merydell
BrookM
merydell
Lady Blodwynn

Working with a plan, or just buying whatever catches your fancy? lol

If unsure on how to proceed, you could always read the army book first, which should have quite a few themed army formations in there.

well, so far i have only infantry wolves so been thinking about getting some vehicles and a cavalry unit. ninja  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games