Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:19 am
I'm not in a fantasy mood really, plus what I got lying about for 40k is Legends of the Space Marines (boring) and Heroes of the Space Marines (snore), which both contain a bit too much of the classic standard fare that I'm really not looking for right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:14 pm
Can someone help me understand 'The Souldrinker's Omnibus'? I don't understand why Sarpedon(Sarpedoen?) attacked the Imperial Forces. I know he was tricked by a Tzeetchi(not sure the name for Tzeetch's Daemon type) Daemon Prince and I know the Mechanicus stole the Soul Spear but why did they attack Imperial Forces anyway?  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:12 pm
Depends on which ones you mean, if you're refering to book 1 in the beginning, it was to scatter them I think, right after they launched the raid on the Mechanicus ship (Which in my mind, I believe they were WELL within their rights to do that after what those guys pulled taking the spear that was rightfully the Soul Drinker's or any other Imperial Fist chapter's artifact), though it could have been in self defence.

As for later on, they had in mind a goal to collapse the Imperium, not outright destroy it, but to collapse the current government...if I remember all this correctly, that and after some of the events in book 1 there was really no avoiding confrontation with any imperial forces.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 pm
Syumerrt
Depends on which ones you mean, if you're refering to book 1 in the beginning, it was to scatter them I think, right after they launched the raid on the Mechanicus ship (Which in my mind, I believe they were WELL within their rights to do that after what those guys pulled taking the spear that was rightfully the Soul Drinker's or any other Imperial Fist chapter's artifact), though it could have been in self defence.

As for later on, they had in mind a goal to collapse the Imperium, not outright destroy it, but to collapse the current government...if I remember all this correctly, that and after some of the events in book 1 there was really no avoiding confrontation with any imperial forces.

I was unclear about the thing they did that made the Inquisition chase after them. And I didn't read the second Omnibus  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:23 pm
There isn't a second omnibus out, not that I know of (I still need to get the other book that came out after Chapter War, and then the latest ones coming out.)
The Inquisition chased them because, they attacked a imperial force, then the chapter resisted being taken in for purging and investigations, not to mention Sarpedon killing the messenger of the inquisitor who was there at the time, followed by butchering said messenger's guards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:49 am
There isn't a second Omnibous book out for the Soul Drinkers, after the first book all there has been was Chapter War and Hellforged released for the Soul Drinkers. The next book in the series is being released in instalments on the new Hammer and Bolter magazine. The first chapter of the story is being released on the first issue in October.  

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:29 am
Finished the first Ghosts omnibus last night, despite its relative age it is a good read nonetheless, especially Necropolis had some CMOA. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm
The Soul Drinkers have returned, and are a little ticked off.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:54 am
"I was there, when Horus slew the Emperor."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:04 am
Ah Horus Rising, a good book even though it took me long enough to read. I need to start on The First Heretic now after finishing Firedrake  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:52 am
Lt. Brookman
"I was there, when Horus slew the Emperor."

There could have been so much more for that... I has VERY disappointed with that first little story bit. What a shitty ending to that story of how it happened. No talk or nothing just pow over. ):  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 pm
I think that single shot was supposed to symbolize something.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm
I saw it as the summing up of the entire Heresy. Many saw the moment when he slew the Emperor, and can work in both terms of those following the Emperor, and those following Horus.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:42 pm
A single shot is always much more dramatic and serves as an exclamation mark to something. I guess in that case one of the "Emperor" being wrong and the Imperium being right. Though from what I heard, the whole "can't we just get along?" line of reasoning is something of an early plot point innit?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 am
Yeah, it is. However there's a bit more to it then that.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games