Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not sure yet if this guy will be a company commander or just a veteran sergeant for a veteran squad. Most of the parts are from Victoria Miniatures, except for the left arm and the extra bits of kit stuck to his belt and armour.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:22 am
Today was a day off well spent doing not a lot:

Still waiting for the wheels to go on sale. Not a fan of side-mounted weapons, so instead I put a single hot-shot volley gun on the side of the turret. This one is for my storm troopers by the way.

Yesterday I got my order of female Arcadians from Victoria Miniatures, managed to stick one together before throwing my superglue out.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:22 pm
BrookM

Not sure yet if this guy will be a company commander or just a veteran sergeant for a veteran squad. Most of the parts are from Victoria Miniatures, except for the left arm and the extra bits of kit stuck to his belt and armour.

I could easily imagine him being Company Commander. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:36 am
Asmondai
BrookM

I could easily imagine him being Company Commander. 3nodding
Yeah, gave him a bolt pistol and now he's company commander. I guess it's a start for when I get around to building the rest of the command squad. The standard bearer should be here soon. ninja  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:52 am
More FemCadians:

Grenadier, sergeant and a medic for the future command squad, all that remains is the standard bearer.

Regular girlies supplemented with equipment left over from other kits and whatnots.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:58 am
Got another squad of FemCadians and a pack of 28mm heroic heads from Statuesque Miniatures to go with them. Not the most functional of hair styles for a warzone, but whatevs, it's a bit of diversity with the squads.

Middle girl is a minor conversion, replaced her regular rifle with a shotgun that I had lying about from a Warlord WWII US infantry boxed set.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 am

My former company commander, converted into Major Maria Durra, commander of Detachment 99. Armed with a heavy chainsword and a shotgun.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:04 am
Did a spot of converting for my third Taurox, still awaiting the wheels from Down Under, so in the meantime I've been scrounging up odds and ends to turn it into a proper recon vehicle for a scenario I'm working on. So, lots and lots of stowage has been added on, along with other odds and sods to make it look more suited for long range patrolling. I left the ladders off, despite really liking them, they are sadly one of the weaker parts of the model very prone to breakage.

Plenty of stowage, tools and a charger for lasgun power packs.

Rest assured, the edges of the mesh that are still sticking out will be cleaned up later today.

More stowage, a filter of sorts (maybe for water) and a random tank of something, I don't know, I just had to add it there.

This may very well become the future transport of my Harker squad, so what better way to show this off than by including that spare 'Nid toxin sac, doubling as truck nuts ripped from an alien.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 am
Nuts? Stay classy. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:33 am
BrookM

My former company commander, converted into Major Maria Durra, commander of Detachment 99. Armed with a heavy chainsword and a shotgun.

NICE!  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:20 pm
Every once in a while I do something odd. Like this count-as Vindicare / veteran sniper I made from a femCadian with a spare bush hat, Statuesque Miniatures head, Mad Robot FAL rifle and a scope from Anvil Industries:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 pm
Wow, I like these all, it makes me feel for taking up my own idea of an international military force (that has some super-powered characters included here and there) again.
It is supposed to be fairly modern, and gendermixed too.

...I think I should ask for advice on fitting miniature ranges?  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:23 am
You could?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:24 am
BrookM
You could?

Yah, I guess I will:

Victoria Miniatures and Statuesque Miniatures for separate heads seems like good ones, along with GW's Cadians.
Is there any more good suggestions for regular and fairly regular "modern"-ish military?
(If there is any good suggestions for (conversion-friendly) superhero-styled miniatures in fitting size too, i'd like that as well.)  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:04 am
Tiina Brown
BrookM
You could?

Yah, I guess I will:

Victoria Miniatures and Statuesque Miniatures for separate heads seems like good ones, along with GW's Cadians.
Is there any more good suggestions for regular and fairly regular "modern"-ish military?
(If there is any good suggestions for (conversion-friendly) superhero-styled miniatures in fitting size too, i'd like that as well.)

as far as i know HassleFree Miniatures has some good modern minis ninja  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces