Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:18 am
I really ******** wish you would stop using what I've gone through as an excuse to belittle or diminish what you're going through.

I get it. I've been through a lot of s**t. And you feel like what you're going through isn't quite as bad as what's happened to me. But it still ******** hurts you, in awful horrible ways, what you're going through. And you need to stop excusing it and dismissing it as having significance just because of my dysphoria and my past trauma and abuse.

It doesn't make me feel any better and it just lets you continue to rationalize staying in the same ******** abusive situation with the same abusive piece of s**t who doesn't deserve you around in the first place. You need to internalize the fact that you need out of there and now. No exceptions. No excuses. Stop using other people's trauma and pasts as a means to remain paralyzed.

It hurts like ******** and I care about you too much to watch you sit there and sink because of how he treats you at all, much less because you think, "well it isn't as bad as what Sophie's been through."

I can't help you if you won't help yourself. sad  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:58 pm
I'm beginning to lose hope in the English language moreso than previously. Apparently, not even the OED is safe.
gonk  

Gho the Girl

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I mean... the dictionary is intended to reflect common usage of words... Language grows. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 pm
Collowrath

I mean... the dictionary is intended to reflect common usage of words... Language grows. smile

Particularly the English language, considering all the words that come from different cultural groups as they merge their language with English.  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:23 pm
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Collowrath

Particularly the English language, considering all the words that come from different cultural groups as they merge their language with English.
Ok.

So when Wicca is no longer defined as a pagan religion founded by Gardner and all the fluffies get to use the OED to defend their self-entitlement, y'all will be just fine with that, yes?  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:08 pm
Gho the Girl
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Collowrath

Ok.

So when Wicca is no longer defined as a pagan religion founded by Gardner and all the fluffies get to use the OED to defend their self-entitlement, y'all will be just fine with that, yes?

That's different. In the link provided, it's talking about OED recognizing neologisms. In the case of Wicca, there is an established authority within the religion itself that trumps the common usage.  

Collowrath

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:44 pm
I am so ******** tired of the ******** drama in the trans community.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 pm
Freaking vampires. If I could just stay away from them, they wouldn't make me so angry. But I keep coming back.

Why do I do this to myself?  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm
dem boys. not men. not males. boys.

you don't want an emotional attachment. i get that. but what the Hel are you expecting to get when i refuse to "fool around" because you won't let it go beyond the clothes? what other thing could we possibly have to connect on if i won't let you get half way physical because you're not willing to get completely phsyical?

oh, yeah. that just leaves emotional!

and how can it just be physical if you're putting your damn arm around me in a movie theatre, next to a chick who's had a huge crush on you since day freakin' 0! there's no nookie there, no promise of it, no insinuation of it...butcha still did it anyway!

mixed freakin' signals. you don't want a serious relationship. but what you define as a serious relationship is going steady. not talking marriage. not having kids. just a damn relationship!

it really doesn't help, in fact really hurts, when i'm with you, you might have your arm around me, or holding my hand, and you comment on how hot some chick is, or when i ask you for something and you respond "i'm not your boyfriend/husband!" because i'd slap you if you were!

i get attached. i get emotional. how the blazes do you expect anything else when you promise to make things up to me because you ditched me or changed plans suddenly? unlike you, i don't make promises haphazardly, so forgive me when i take you seriously.

oh, and saying you'll buy someone flowers doesn't help the cause. granted, you keep forgetting, so maybe i'm the dense one. even though you just can't be direct.

dem boys. not men. not males. boys.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:13 pm
AniMajor

Why do I do this to myself?
Masochism.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:51 am
The housing people told us we were fine. Accepted and set. They even asked us when we could come in and sign the lease.

And now suddenly, one of us (they weren't clear on who) doesn't make enough money per hour and have enough hours per week. So apparently one of us needs a parental support letter.

I know that I can't count on parental support so I'm ******** if it's me. Error makes enough damn money so I can't for the life of me figure out what the ******** they're talking about there and if it's Rune, fine, she can get a letter.

But really, they ******** told us we were fine and now they spring this on us? What the goddamn hell?  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:28 am
Recursive Paradox
The housing people told us we were fine. Accepted and set. They even asked us when we could come in and sign the lease.

And now suddenly, one of us (they weren't clear on who) doesn't make enough money per hour and have enough hours per week. So apparently one of us needs a parental support letter.

I know that I can't count on parental support so I'm ******** if it's me. Error makes enough damn money so I can't for the life of me figure out what the ******** they're talking about there and if it's Rune, fine, she can get a letter.

But really, they ******** told us we were fine and now they spring this on us? What the goddamn hell?

I've read parts of your blog, so I understand why you don't have parental support, but if it's just a letter saying "I agree she can live here" would it be that big of a deal? I mean, you parents have to know that you're trying to get an apartment. Or is it part of a complex mess of things that still means you can't get it?  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 am
AniMajor
Recursive Paradox

I've read parts of your blog, so I understand why you don't have parental support, but if it's just a letter saying "I agree she can live here" would it be that big of a deal? I mean, you parents have to know that you're trying to get an apartment. Or is it part of a complex mess of things that still means you can't get it?

I really don't know to be honest. I know my dad is the kind of vindictive piece of s**t to refuse even that just because he's pissed at me. But my mom would be willing to write that, if it didn't mean legal liability to pay if I defaulted.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm
Recursive Paradox
I really don't know to be honest. I know my dad is the kind of vindictive piece of s**t to refuse even that just because he's pissed at me. But my mom would be willing to write that, if it didn't mean legal liability to pay if I defaulted.

Well, hopefully it isn't you, or it's some glitch that resolves itself. And, hopefully if it was something really important, like medical history or something, your dad would be more willing to involve himself.

I'd understand about the legal liability stuff, because I'm not sure my parents would agree to that.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm
AniMajor
Recursive Paradox

Well, hopefully it isn't you, or it's some glitch that resolves itself. And, hopefully if it was something really important, like medical history or something, your dad would be more willing to involve himself.

I'd understand about the legal liability stuff, because I'm not sure my parents would agree to that.

The lady we talked to thinks it's a mistake. We're getting called tomorrow to confirm that it was.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games