Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 am
Also Vs Seeker cuts NPC battles in half, since it's 15 normally does that make it 7 or 8 counts? (since half of 15 is 7.5)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:48 am
Question about the Halloween event....

I don't think I want to risk winning Mitsu's pride this early on in his journey. Could I just take him there to roll for the Trick-or-Treat, leave, and then come back the next week? Maybe I'll attempt a challenge, but I'm not too sure. sweatdrop  

CLCyrus

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:55 am
Shadow - Dragon

I'm pretty sure it cuts to 7.

CLCyrus

There's no problem with that. It's not like you have to do a challenge when you get there. It's really up to you on whether you want to attempt it or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:49 am
I'm reading through the Battle Info thread, and I can't find anything about super-effective/not very effective or STAB attacks. Am I looking in the wrong thread or just blind? lol

I'm also confused by Defense/Sp. Defense in this guild. Does it work the same way as the attack boosts, but reverse? So like if Defense gets boosted one stage, the attacking move does 1/10 less base damage?

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:49 am
I decided to try to get some of the pokemon capturing achievements, so I started up my Pokedex to keep track of all my pokemon! Because almost all of Riley's current pokemon were caught/evolved in Hidden Legends, I didn't have any links for them, so I wanted to ask if that's okay (and if it isn't what I should do because I can't get the links :c )

My pokedex is here

Also! Do you want a link to where we claimed event pokemon, a link to where we actually acquire them in the roleplay, or do you want both?

Also a question about Focus Punch- an update made it so it is a 2-turn charge attack, but usually it charges and activates in the same turn. Is this an accident?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 pm
A Lazy Samurai
I'm reading through the Battle Info thread, and I can't find anything about super-effective/not very effective or STAB attacks. Am I looking in the wrong thread or just blind? lol

I'm also confused by Defense/Sp. Defense in this guild. Does it work the same way as the attack boosts, but reverse? So like if Defense gets boosted one stage, the attacking move does 1/10 less base damage?

Effectiveness works just like the games, in that you look at the type match ups to see if the effectiveness is x0, x1/4, x1/2, x1, x2, or x4. What you need to know is where to factor it in when calculating the total damage of your attacks, which is outlined in the last post of the battle mechanics.

We don't have STAB as an actual mechanic, because the math is complicated enough for some people as is. We do, however, provide a STAB similar bonus effect for Pokemon holding plates, in that if the holder's type and the plate's type are the same, the damage is boosted more.

And yes, that is correct, though it wouldn't be base damage, it would reduce the final total of the damage by 1/10, factoring all attack boosts, held items, abilities, etc.

TheWhiteDragonfly
I decided to try to get some of the pokemon capturing achievements, so I started up my Pokedex to keep track of all my pokemon! Because almost all of Riley's current pokemon were caught/evolved in Hidden Legends, I didn't have any links for them, so I wanted to ask if that's okay (and if it isn't what I should do because I can't get the links :c )

My pokedex is here

Also! Do you want a link to where we claimed event pokemon, a link to where we actually acquire them in the roleplay, or do you want both?

Also a question about Focus Punch- an update made it so it is a 2-turn charge attack, but usually it charges and activates in the same turn. Is this an accident?

Just mention in the place where you would normally provide the links that it occurred in PHL2 and that's fine. It's not ideal but it's not your fault, so we've made exceptions for PHL2 transfers in this regard. Don't worry about it c:

Link the post in which you claim the Pokemon in the RP, since it confirms that your character caught it. Though if you also wanted to link the event in which you claimed that Pokemon too, I wouldn't object :0

Ah, no it's no accedental. We've been pondering about the move focus punch for a while now. In the games focus punch has an increased priority, the assumption being you use it when you expect that your opponent wouldn't select an attack so that you wouldn't "lose focus" and essentially flinch your turn away. In that games it works because there's a blind element, but that's not the case in the guild. It's more like a real life scenario, who in their right mind wouldn't attack someone who just commanded their Pokemon to use focus punch?

Well if we took away the priority, or gave it a decreased priority, it would essentially be made into a guaranteed 150 damage move in one hit, and that's not okay for obvious reasons, not to mention hard to combat given that not many moves have decreased priority.

So! Our solution is what you see. We made it a two turn move with altered priorities to where it's still a good chance you'll be able to land the move even if someone knows what you're doing, but there's still a chance to stop it with the right moves. If it lands, it's still a hefty 150, but over two turns, so that it's not cheap. We could have made it a one turn move, but in order for it to work we would have had to seriously adjust the damage, or remove the things that made it focus punch, like the chance to flinch. This was really the happy medium, keeping the concepts that kept it to its true nature, but in a way that the guild mechanics could handle. I hope that explains it for you!  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:35 pm
SpectralEternity
A Lazy Samurai

Effectiveness works just like the games, in that you look at the type match ups to see if the effectiveness is x0, x1/4, x1/2, x1, x2, or x4. What you need to know is where to factor it in when calculating the total damage of your attacks, which is outlined in the last post of the battle mechanics.

We don't have STAB as an actual mechanic, because the math is complicated enough for some people as is. We do, however, provide a STAB similar bonus effect for Pokemon holding plates, in that if the holder's type and the plate's type are the same, the damage is boosted more.

And yes, that is correct, though it wouldn't be base damage, it would reduce the final total of the damage by 1/10, factoring all attack boosts, held items, abilities, etc.

Aah, got it. Thank you. And for Burn and Paralyze status effects, they don't drop the the affected Pokemon's Attack and Speed stats in this guild, right? Just making sure I don't miss anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 pm
A Lazy Samurai

We dont do a stab bonus here. You get a +10 base dmg bonus every 10 levels past 20 though. Ill explain in a second

I find its easier to show then simply explain so let me do this

Lets say you use vine whip in a mono rock type like Sudowoodo. Vine whip does 45 dmg so its only super effective as sudowoodo is only a rock type so thats 45x2=90Dmg but in the cause of lets say a Vine whip against an Onix which is a Rock Ground type that's X4 or very effective so thats 45x4=180Dmg
Now like i said before for every 10 levels past 20 you get a +10 dmg bonus. That's added to the moves base power before any other increases or decreases.
So if your level20 vine whip would instead do 55 befor type effectiveness.

As for the Defense & Sp. Defense that's done by percentages.
If your taking special Dmg and you have one tag of Sp.Def you subtract 10% of the moves end result
Also remembering that for every 10 levels past 20 you also get a +10 Def/Sp.Def boost which automatically takes off 10Dmg from any move.

So if your Onix is level 50 and is taking that x4 vine whip of lets say just 180dmg you negates 40Dmg as well as what ever physical Def boots you have. Lets say your onix is holding an Eviolit which gives three stages of Def. You then negate another 30% of the remaining 140 your taking.

You should always account for every bonus both yours and your oppnions even if they negates each others effect. You dont have to show the math for the end reselt of the two effects in the battle math though. just not them.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
A Lazy Samurai

We dont do a stab bonus here. You get a +10 base dmg bonus every 10 levels past 20 though. Ill explain in a second

Lets say you use vine whip in a mono rock type like Sudowoodo. Vine whip does 45 dmg so its only super effective as sudowoodo is only a rock type so thats 45x2=90Dmg but in the cause of lets say a Vine whip against an Onix which is a Rock Ground type that's X4 or very effective so thats 45x4=180Dmg
Now like i said before for every 10 levels past 20 you get a +10 dmg bonus. That's added to the moves base power before any other increases or decreases.

If your taking special Dmg and you have one tag of Sp.Def you subtract 10% of the moves end result
Also remembering that for every 10 levels past 20 you also get a +10 Def/Sp.Def boost which automatically takes off 10Dmg from any move.

So if your Onix is level 50 and is taking that x4 vine whip of lets say just 180dmg you negates 40Dmg as well as what ever physical Def boots you have. Lets say your onix is holding an Eviolit which gives three stages of Def. You then negate another 30% of the remaining 140 your taking.

You should always account for every bonus both yours and your oppnions even if they negates each others effect. You dont have to show the math for the end reselt of the two effects in the battle math though. just not them.

Oh wow, that makes a lot of sense. So really, your Pokemon gets a defense bonuses at the same rate it gets base attack damage bonuses, so they cancel out if two Pokemon of the same level are battling. That's great to know, thank you for explaining that. I would double check the Battle Info thread because it briefly mentions defense bonuses, but never actually explains it from what I read.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:00 pm
A Lazy Samurai
Cannibalistic-Insanity
A Lazy Samurai

Oh wow, that makes a lot of sense. So really, your Pokemon gets a defense bonuses at the same rate it gets base attack damage bonuses, so they cancel out if two Pokemon of the same level are battling. That's great to know, thank you for explaining that. I would double check the Battle Info thread because it briefly mentions defense bonuses, but never actually explains it from what I read.
We'll take a look. Thank you. There have been a lot of changes made over time so im sure we could have missed something along the way. sweatdrop  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:29 pm
A Lazy Samurai
SpectralEternity
A Lazy Samurai

Aah, got it. Thank you. And for Burn and Paralyze status effects, they don't drop the the affected Pokemon's Attack and Speed stats in this guild, right? Just making sure I don't miss anything.

No they don't. :0 You aren't missing anything. If they did have that side effect it would have been written in the specifics for the respective stat ailment. Even though that's a game mechanic, again since everything is done by the members, we try to keep things rather simple when it comes to calculating everything during battles.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:36 pm
SpectralEternity
A Lazy Samurai
SpectralEternity
A Lazy Samurai

No they don't. :0 You aren't missing anything. If they did have that side effect it would have been written in the specifics for the respective stat ailment. Even though that's a game mechanic, again since everything is done by the members, we try to keep things rather simple when it comes to calculating everything during battles.

Gotcha, just making sure. Thank you.  

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

xxxmamoru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:43 pm
Switching is high priority, but I'm wondering how it'd work in a battle?

Like... say you're second in a battle's order, and the trainer does an attack or whatever. How would it work in that scenario if you wanted to switch?

Would you evade the attack, and the Pokémon switching in would take the hit? Or would you be hit by it and then switch out, or something?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 pm
SpectralEternity

Thank you for the help with my pokedex question!

And I think I get what you mean about Focus punch, thank you for explaining! It makes sense now that you changed it 3nodding  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:40 pm
xxxmamoru
Switching is high priority, but I'm wondering how it'd work in a battle?

Like... say you're second in a battle's order, and the trainer does an attack or whatever. How would it work in that scenario if you wanted to switch?

Would you evade the attack, and the Pokémon switching in would take the hit? Or would you be hit by it and then switch out, or something?
Switching would have priority over anything else save attackes such as pursuit. But the new pokemon thrown into battle becomes the new target to any and all new apposing and allied moves and effects. So if its a double and you switch while your second pokemon is using surf the new pokemon thrown into battle will also be struck by the attack.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games