Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:28 pm
ice_illusion
Has anyone else still at schoo HAD to get a card. I'm having to get one to use for the library and we need to put money on the card, then use it to buy things out the vending machine or cafe.

Yes. To buy any food at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm
I have to have a card to get into the building at all. I also have to use it to pay for photocopying and printing.

@Iguana: Your avatar is really frightening.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:01 pm
Cool.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:33 pm
A Lost Iguana
ice_illusion
Has anyone else still at schoo HAD to get a card. I'm having to get one to use for the library and we need to put money on the card, then use it to buy things out the vending machine or cafe.

Yes. To buy any food at all.

Well most of the time I don't know whether I'm going to the co-op or eat in school so it'll make things more complicated. Since everything breaks it's going to make things difficult. And it's just not a good idea.

I can understand for cards for getting into buildings and cards for libraries and cards for buses but what happens when kids loose it? Or when the power goes out? Or the machines for putting money in break?  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:37 am
ice_illusion
I can understand for cards for getting into buildings and cards for libraries and cards for buses but what happens when kids loose it? Or when the power goes out? Or the machines for putting money in break?

Then you have a Y2K situation.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:53 am
Anyone seen google.co.uk today? It's got a very British image on the usual logo..

..it's good to know I left a legacy at my old school, one of the winning doodles was by a girl at my old school.

http://www.google.co.uk/doodle4google/winners.html

Quote:
Name: Katherine Chisnall
School: St Augustine's RC College
Region: South West
Title: Five Wonders of Britain

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:19 am
Invictus_88
Anyone seen google.co.uk today? It's got a very British image on the usual logo..

..it's good to know I left a legacy at my old school, one of the winning doodles was by a girl at my old school.

Quote:

I like that one.
Not so keen on the 14-18 one. They've missed out Wales and Ireland. I'm not saying anything about the tarten becuase it really is hard to draw and they did a better job than I would have.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:43 pm
Invictus_88

Quote:

The school has been sticking up all the designs, and especially this one, around the school for the last couple of weeks.  

Lord Jagged

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 am
Request from WizardOfNos
Hello. Can I join? pleeze Ta The Wizz

Request from Sir_Catherine
Hmmm, how to explain why I wish to join GBG without sounding completly off my rocker and looney? I do hope you will pardon my spelling; I'll never claim to be a spelling champ! On the other hand, I'll always cross my 't's and dot my 'i's. I've always enjoyed history and literature. About six years ago I was introduced to ancient British literature and through such material British history. An obsession was born. Now my twin goals are to somehow find enough money to purchase most of the British history section at Barnes&Noble bookstore, but also to find out more about modern British life and culture. To that end, I wish to join your guild so as to speak to those who ought to know such things. Thank you, Sir_Catherine

Two example applications currently pending, one bad, one good.

The contrast just amused me, that's all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:55 am
Invictus_88
Request from WizardOfNos

Hmmm, how to explain why I wish to join GBG without sounding completly off my rocker and looney? I do hope you will pardon my spelling; I'll never claim to be a spelling champ! On the other hand, I'll always cross my 't's and dot my 'i's. I've always enjoyed history and literature. About six years ago I was introduced to ancient British literature and through such material British history. An obsession was born. Now my twin goals are to somehow find enough money to purchase most of the British history section at Barnes&Noble bookstore, but also to find out more about modern British life and culture. To that end, I wish to join your guild so as to speak to those who ought to know such things. Thank you, Sir_Catherine

The second one wasn't all that bad, was it?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:47 pm
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88
Request from WizardOfNos

The second one wasn't all that bad, was it?

Of course it is. You don't get anything in life unless you say pleeze and thnku.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:56 pm
User Image

Mr Tumnus ............................. Francis  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:32 am
gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:15 am
I just happened to be listening to a song about elves when I saw that...don't own any green tights do you Invi?  

and_solo_said

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games