Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:23 am
Tiina Brown
Asmondai

Um, your photobucket is off in those links as well.

Sounds good, though.
cat_3nodding

Not sure what you mean by that,
other then excessively long load times. <.<"

It was, Finns we´re fun to play. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:08 pm
I'm glad I didn't go rushing right off to check the alarm at my work, after the alarm company called me last night, or I would have been right in the middle of the tornado in Tulsa last night. I got up after the call, but before I could leave to tornado sirens started going off. After we hunkered down watching the local weather for updates they stated that the area where I work had been closed off by police due to downed power lines and storm debris. I then get a call telling me this morning from my boss saying I have the day off since we cannot get to the store.Tornado by my work.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:09 am
Tiina Brown
Asmondai

Um, your photobucket is off in those links as well.

Sounds good, though.
cat_3nodding

Oh, nevermind.
Now it stopped working and I can see why. sweatdrop

Sean King
I'm glad I didn't go rushing right off to check the alarm at my work, after the alarm company called me last night, or I would have been right in the middle of the tornado in Tulsa last night. I got up after the call, but before I could leave to tornado sirens started going off. After we hunkered down watching the local weather for updates they stated that the area where I work had been closed off by police due to downed power lines and storm debris. I then get a call telling me this morning from my boss saying I have the day off since we cannot get to the store.Tornado by my work.

eek  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:07 am
Asmondai

Clicking your links doesn't show any pictures, but instead the whole "we are photobucket, we are derps" pic. crying  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:07 pm
Vikki Stardust
Asmondai

Clicking your links doesn't show any pictures, but instead the whole "we are photobucket, we are derps" pic. crying

Derps and we want all your moneys plez. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 am
So the time has finally come where I fulfill the resolution I made for myself a while ago to join the marines. As it stands, I have a couple years worth of college credits and I know I'll ace my ASVAB. I take the ASVAB tomorrow and will be inquiring about OCS as I do intend on trying my hand at becoming an officer. The way I understand it is that it is best to enlist first and then go to OCS as opposed to coming straight into the corps as an officer. I also understand that the USMC hires professors to teach classes for those who are on active duty. With that being said, has anyone had any experiences taking college courses while on active duty with the intent of earning enough credits to enter OCS?  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:16 am
Best of luck to you!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:48 am
maui boy no ka oi
So the time has finally come where I fulfill the resolution I made for myself a while ago to join the marines. As it stands, I have a couple years worth of college credits and I know I'll ace my ASVAB. I take the ASVAB tomorrow and will be inquiring about OCS as I do intend on trying my hand at becoming an officer. The way I understand it is that it is best to enlist first and then go to OCS as opposed to coming straight into the corps as an officer. I also understand that the USMC hires professors to teach classes for those who are on active duty. With that being said, has anyone had any experiences taking college courses while on active duty with the intent of earning enough credits to enter OCS?
This person is in the navy right now.

DarkElf27
*poke*

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 am
Jason Kharo
Best of luck to you!

+1 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 am
Vikki Stardust
maui boy no ka oi

DarkElf27
*poke*
When I was a small child I wanted to be in the navy after visiting the USS Arizona memorial. Shortly after, the last battleship was put into mothballs so I was sorely disappointed. Ever since, my toss up has been between the marines and army. I decided on marines after a coworker kept pestering me to join.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:05 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I've got almost 9 years in (Navy-side) and joined with an associate's degree; I am now 2 classes from finishing my Bachelors which will make me eligible to apply for OCS (application is not guaranteed to be accepted). Tuition Assistance is $250 per semester-credit up to 16 credits per year, but enrollment has to be approved by your command and you have to have one year in at your first command for eligibility; this plus basic and new-accession schools means it could be up to two years before you start taking classes again, and you'll rely heavily on how robust your school's online program is. You'll also have to have the persistence to take online classes while also working long hours, which can be rough at times.

Depending on how close you are to finishing your degree, it might be better to complete the degree and then apply directly to OCS, because you'll skip a lot of the paperwork involved in crossing from one to the other. Going enlisted first will definitely make you a better officer and get you much more respect, but going from enlisted to officer is not as straight-forward as your recruiter might have you believe.

Feel free to ask any other questions. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm
Vikki Stardust

DarkElf27
*poke*
Thanks for the heads-up. smile  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 pm
DarkElf27
Vikki Stardust

DarkElf27
*poke*
Thanks for the heads-up. smile
You should check in more often. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:42 pm
Vikki Stardust
You should check in more often. emotion_yatta
Yup, lots of 'shoulds' running around in my life. xd I'll probably maybe be on a bit more in a month or so.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 pm
DarkElf27
maui boy no ka oi
I've got almost 9 years in (Navy-side) and joined with an associate's degree; I am now 2 classes from finishing my Bachelors which will make me eligible to apply for OCS (application is not guaranteed to be accepted). Tuition Assistance is $250 per semester-credit up to 16 credits per year, but enrollment has to be approved by your command and you have to have one year in at your first command for eligibility; this plus basic and new-accession schools means it could be up to two years before you start taking classes again, and you'll rely heavily on how robust your school's online program is. You'll also have to have the persistence to take online classes while also working long hours, which can be rough at times.

Depending on how close you are to finishing your degree, it might be better to complete the degree and then apply directly to OCS, because you'll skip a lot of the paperwork involved in crossing from one to the other. Going enlisted first will definitely make you a better officer and get you much more respect, but going from enlisted to officer is not as straight-forward as your recruiter might have you believe.

Feel free to ask any other questions. smile
Many people have stated that officers straight out of college-OCS are not as respected as enlisted men who get into OCS and become officers later on. This coupled with the fact that I would actually like experience as an enlisted serviceman makes me think it's better to get the tuition assistance while serving. I'm in no rush to finish college as I personally don't believe in it, but getting into OCS requires it so that's pretty much the only reason I'd be getting it.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games