Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Calixti
I feel out of place discussing alcohol, given my limited experience with it. sweatdrop

My apartment is full of alcohol, but we almost never drink it. I picked up a six pack of my favorite (Mikes Hard Limeade, don't judge!) and I haven't had any of it in a week.

Most of the usage of alcohol is ritual for me.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:43 pm

maenad nuri
Calixti
I feel out of place discussing alcohol, given my limited experience with it. sweatdrop

My apartment is full of alcohol, but we almost never drink it. I picked up a six pack of my favorite (Mikes Hard Limeade, don't judge!) and I haven't had any of it in a week.

Likewise.

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:58 pm

TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
Calixti

Likewise.
One could argue that all my alcohol usage is ritual for me, given the way I view alcohol, including recreational drinking.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:32 pm

demisara

For those who don't like beer, I'd like to suggest Blue Moon. That's the first one I ever enjoyed. I've now moved on to double bocks.

One of my friends is Belgian and she says that most Belgian beer is years above this North American stuff. xD

I really like this Vodka cooler stuff called Vex. However, everybody says that stuff will make you sick if you drink enough of it. xD

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:35 pm

True Colours of Destiny
demisara

For those who don't like beer, I'd like to suggest Blue Moon. That's the first one I ever enjoyed. I've now moved on to double bocks.

One of my friends is Belgian and she says that most Belgian beer is years above this North American stuff. xD

In Ireland, we don't even consider what you guys make as beer.
You make some damned fine middle price and expensive Bourbon, but other than that your alcohol products are viewed as piss.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:15 pm

CuAnnan
True Colours of Destiny
demisara

You make some damned fine middle price and expensive Bourbon, but other than that your alcohol products are viewed as piss.

What about ice wine?

I've heard that Ontario, specifically Niagara region, ice wine is some of the best in the world.

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:11 pm

True Colours of Destiny
CuAnnan

What about ice wine?

I've heard that Ontario, specifically Niagara region, ice wine is some of the best in the world.

It is some of the best. I had the fortune of trying some on my last trip to the Canadian Falls. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the name of the vineyard though. It was in a little town called something like, Niagara on the River, I believe.

Also, there's the Napa Valley wines, there some of the best in the U.S. at least, don't know about the world though.

Well, it's not like anyone else can technically make bourbon, as it does have to come from Bourbon County, Kentucky; it'd be kind of said if we couldn't make the best bourbon. If you like to follow the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy of some bourbon makers/drinkers.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 pm

maenad nuri
Calixti

I haven't used alcohol for ritual yet. I have used marijuana (not doing that again...) and wormwood (which worked well).

I love Mike's Hard Pomegranate, personally.

Cunning Witch Angus

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Arcanist Angus
maenad nuri
Calixti

I haven't used alcohol for ritual yet. I have used marijuana (not doing that again...) and wormwood (which worked well).

I love Mike's Hard Pomegranate, personally.

Marijuana is the worst crap I've had the displeasure to try. It burns, it smells awful, and it tastes awful. The taste, furthermore, is not easily removed. Drinking water, or even swilling water, to remove it merely spreads the flavor around. Eugh.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:44 pm

maenad nuri
mead is okay, particuarlly mulled and warm.

Which reminds me, apparently meijjers of all places has started selling mead. Which means I need to try it.

Meijer's is selling mead!?!?!?! I'm assuming we're talking about the same place, maybe?

One of the founders of our renaissance club is apparently willing to give us a class on mead making, which would be amazing.

ETA after reading all the other posts: I suppose it's ok that the mead is gross, since I can get good mulled wine from the winery my dad works at for nothing biggrin I haven't had much mead yet, but I've enjoyed it so far.

Growing up partly in wine country, CA and having winos for parents, I was raised on wine and can only drink the really good stuff. My favorites are dry whites and sparkling, though I've started enjoying roses (sorry, that should have an accent, am lazy), and am re-learning how to appreciate reds. I started drinking cider when we went to Scotland and my parents said I couldn't drink wine in the pubs, because I wouldn't touch beer.

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:26 pm

CuAnnan

Hey now- I'll agree with you when you talk about the large breweries, but that's a Hasty Generalization if I ever tasted one.

There's a reason that the Micro Brewery Industry hasn't completely collapsed in our Economic Crunch.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:03 am

TeaDidikai
CuAnnan

Hey now- I'll agree with you when you talk about the large breweries, but that's a Hasty Generalization if I ever tasted one.

There's a reason that the Micro Brewery Industry hasn't completely collapsed in our Economic Crunch.

Not particularly.
It's what you guys conceive of as beer that we think of as piss. So even if you idealise your beer, you still get something we consider piss.
You seem to forget that the ratio
belgian mass produced beer:american mass produced beer
holds true for
belgian micro brewery:american micro brewery

And don't even get me started on that paint stripper, JD.
I wouldn't put it in a hot whiskey. Hell, I was once handed a glass of it because I asked someone to get me a whiskey at the bar. I poured it on the ground and began her education there and then.

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:05 am

CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan

Not particularly.
It's what you guys conceive of as beer that we think of as piss. So even if you idealise your beer, you still get something we consider piss.
You seem to forget that the ratio
belgian mass produced beer:american mass produced beer
holds true for
belgian micro brewery:american micro brewery

And don't even get me started on that paint stripper, JD.
I wouldn't put it in a hot whiskey. Hell, I was once handed a glass of it because I asked someone to get me a whiskey at the bar. I poured it on the ground and began her education there and then.
What I am trying to point out is that when you say "we don't even consider what you guys make as beer", to ignore the hand crafted micro brews is to generalize. After all, I don't consider half of the "beer" on the market to be beer. Might have something to do with the fact that what most Americans think is beer isn't.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:06 am

True Colours of Destiny
I really like this Vodka cooler stuff called Vex. However, everybody says that stuff will make you sick if you drink enough of it. xD

I would imagine that true of any alcoholic beverage, XD

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 am

saint dreya
True Colours of Destiny

I would imagine that true of any alcoholic beverage, XD

No well, this stuff is really fruity and sweet that it can be sickening after awhile. xD

EDIT: So yesterday was the opening football game for the univeristy and one of the last event for first years on orientation week. My friends and I went for this primarily, when all the leaders do the mega leader dance. Entertaining it is, since half my friends were part of it. xD
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games