Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 am
Hrm, go read Flesh and Iron, it's the Vietnam war, but in 40k, with bigot regiments that are obviously German and British and an American regiment that has no racial standards who fight against a low-tech foe that all the guns in the world can't seem to beat down.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:58 am
*gasp!* It sounds like a Gaunts Ghosts novel! 3nodding  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:53 am
BL put new upcoming releases up including two abridged audio dramas, one for Horus Rising and one for False Gods, each tanking in at five CD's. There's also a Cain audio book in the making, a novel about the Black Library itself and several more Space Marine Battles novels.

Sadly, most of the really good stuff has got a rather long waiting time:

God King - January 2011
Caledor - May 2011
Nagash the Immortal - August 2011  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:37 pm
After lots of procrastination for some reason. Here's my not so black library.
Part 1.
Part 2, missing my Eisenhorn Omnibus and Ravenor novel. (It's because they're beside my bed for readings. whee )
Part 3. Missing Descent of Angels (Beside my bed)
Part 4! Mostly Starwars with some Blizzard stuff.
Part 5. As you can see, 90% Brian Jacques with my Diablo archive book a small Where's Waldo some Sudoku an a misc facts book. Sorry it's blurry.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:55 am
I'm sure the book gods would approve. wink

edit.

OMFG, where's Waldo!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:49 am
For what it's worth, I approve, you've got good reading material there. I'd love to know how you feel about Redemption Corps and Descent of Angels, the prior I haven't finished yet because of the boring and convoluted writing style, the latter I really love, but most of the community seems to hate.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:53 am
Redemption Corps was... Weird as heck. It was interestingly writ but there were many holes with the "Redemption corps" themselves. I had the impression it was a squad, then it was like a small company... I'm not sure. It was okay but nothing great.

Descent of Angels not sure yet, only on chapter 3 I believe. Trying to finish Eisenhorn first.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:58 pm
I think Descent of Angels was pretty good, and I enjoyed the way they split it in to two separate books, basically. One detailing the Calibanites and the other of when the Dark Angels arrive.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:21 pm
From what I gather a lot of people hate it for not being a lot about Space Marines, but instead about a world pre-Heresy and discovery by the Emperor, which in this case would make sense, seeing as how things go so awfully bad when the Heresy kicks off.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm
Indeed! We all accept it as "Luther got jealous and thus rebelled" but wouldn't it be great to see it fleshed out a bit more? Plus the sequel and the novel Angels of Darkness are excellent tie-ins that fill in some of the blanks that are open now.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 pm
Angels of Darkness? Only other Dark Angels book I know of is Fallen Angels which describes things quite nicely and leaves a very big teaser at the end. ): Do want sequel.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 pm
Ah yes, I cant wait for the next one, if they do another DA book.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 am
Sir Kyle Aziz
Angels of Darkness? Only other Dark Angels book I know of is Fallen Angels which describes things quite nicely and leaves a very big teaser at the end. ): Do want sequel.
According to their site the book is out of print, which is funny seeing as it is a reprint of an older book: http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer-40000/Angels-of-Darkness.html  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 am
I'm trying to read Battle for the Abyss but I've got a feeling I'm better off pounding rusty nails into my d**k. So instead I've been reading the last three issues of White Dwarf, which I buy but decide not to really read.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:03 am
You could just read a synopsis and move on to another novel, like that pile of fantasy novels you keep sighing about. confused  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games