Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

viper_353

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:06 am
My dig's sick guys, just pray the ride home goes well!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:09 am
freelance lover
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
I'm talking to my "friend" Lupis. I'm giving him a hard time because he claims to want to change and be a Christian but I know that he's trying to let go of his past. He thinks I'm wrong, but deep down I know he knows I'm right. He just won't accept it because he's wrapped in his delusions.

Sometimes you just have to let people figure things out for themselves. Either because they won't learn otherwise or they just won't listen. Especially if they're going through a hard time.
The think with Lupis is he's not going to figure it out until he gets his heart broken. Or he gets hurt. I act cold and distant towards him because I can't forget or get over what's happened or the fact that he has severe mental issues currently. But in reality I care a lot about him. =.=  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

viper_353

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 am
Hey guys, I have this problem with my familly - when I'm with other people and the topic of Jesus or God comes up, I can talk about him pretty openly. But even though they're all amazingly strong Christians when I'm with my parents or grandmother and stuff I'll just freeze up. And I get really nervous in front of them; I think that they'd freak out if they knew half the things that have happened with Gpd for me and stuff. It's even I'm church and I know this Is a real problem for a few of the kids in my youth group. In church you won't see anyone raising their hands to worship (just an example) or anything. And my youth group has some amazing people. There are prophesies made, speaking in tounges all the time. And the truth is that I personally pretend to be so naive when it comes to that kind of stuff In front of my parents. It's just one real thing I think I need to work on in my life. Any advice please?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:15 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
freelance lover
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
I'm talking to my "friend" Lupis. I'm giving him a hard time because he claims to want to change and be a Christian but I know that he's trying to let go of his past. He thinks I'm wrong, but deep down I know he knows I'm right. He just won't accept it because he's wrapped in his delusions.

Sometimes you just have to let people figure things out for themselves. Either because they won't learn otherwise or they just won't listen. Especially if they're going through a hard time.
The think with Lupis is he's not going to figure it out until he gets his heart broken. Or he gets hurt. I act cold and distant towards him because I can't forget or get over what's happened or the fact that he has severe mental issues currently. But in reality I care a lot about him. =.=

Sometimes people don't learn unless they get hurt. It's sad but true- people sometimes don't heed logical advice. You can only give someone advice so much. Once you've given them your advice, it's up to them as to whether or not they want to accept it.  

freelance lover
Crew

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:16 pm
viper_353
Hey guys, I have this problem with my familly - when I'm with other people and the topic of Jesus or God comes up, I can talk about him pretty openly. But even though they're all amazingly strong Christians when I'm with my parents or grandmother and stuff I'll just freeze up. And I get really nervous in front of them; I think that they'd freak out if they knew half the things that have happened with Gpd for me and stuff. It's even I'm church and I know this Is a real problem for a few of the kids in my youth group. In church you won't see anyone raising their hands to worship (just an example) or anything. And my youth group has some amazing people. There are prophesies made, speaking in tounges all the time. And the truth is that I personally pretend to be so naive when it comes to that kind of stuff In front of my parents. It's just one real thing I think I need to work on in my life. Any advice please?

If any man lack wisdom, let him ask for it from God.

If you are having a hard time with this, you need to ask God to help you be a witness, and for the strength to overcome your fear. God, afterall, is not the God of fear, but the overcomers.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 pm
Atreadia Allaani
viper_353

If any man lack wisdom, let him ask for it from God.

If you are having a hard time with this, you need to ask God to help you be a witness, and for the strength to overcome your fear. God, afterall, is not the God of fear, but the overcomers.

Thanks so much, don't you find it funny that you can wrap your head around these issues so many times, but the answer is always simply to pray? Thankyou and thankyou God for letting you remind me of that!  

viper_353

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 am
i had a dream that me and another guy threatened our friend Angyi's new boyfriend with death if he ever spoke to her in such a manner that was deemed verbally abusive.

Also, i was part of a group of four that was caught breaking into an apartment complex to go swimming. I got arrested and sentenced to 5-12 years. I was handcuffed and taken to my house. Then our bathroom stank of chemicals and there were things - random things like deodorant and bars of soap that were crystalizing for no good reason.

i hate weird dreams like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:45 am
I dreamed I went to a MUCC concert.... I am not even a fan of theirs... I like a few songs, but not enough for me to buy a concert ticket for 3000 yen.  

Atreadia Allaani

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:25 pm
a few years ago, I dreamt that an earwig crawled across a hardwood floor with a spot light on it. Don't ask because I don't know...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 am
ferret658
a few years ago, I dreamt that an earwig crawled across a hardwood floor with a spot light on it. Don't ask because I don't know...
I dreamed last night that I was flying. Woke up when I hit the floor... I need a shorter bed. Mine is too far up in the air.  

Atreadia Allaani

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am
I don't get the concept of love the sin hate the sinner. I mean I get it but those who claim to it, show more hatred than love to me. Maybe it's because they use derogatory terms like f**, homo, f*****t, etc. And claim it's love. And then they use common threats and what not. (ex. You're going to hell--yes that is a threat.) It's just sad really.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:44 pm
I dreamt one day I could stop being this busy and stressed gonk

Seriously guys, sorry I've been MIA. I'm so busy I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll try and at least pop in daily...

freelance lover
Crew

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:34 pm
freelance lover
I dreamt one day I could stop being this busy and stressed gonk

Seriously guys, sorry I've been MIA. I'm so busy I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll try and at least pop in daily...
I second that. Mom just got home from the hospital today, and I have been too busy helping my dad with her, that I didn't bother to take a nap before work tonight.... arrrrgggghhh!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 am
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658
I dreamed last night that I was flying. Woke up when I hit the floor... I need a shorter bed. Mine is too far up in the air.

Lol I remember when my parents' bed was huge. Then I grew up and it only comes up to my knees. ^^ And that bed of yours seems to be a safety hazard. May I suggest couch, or possibly removing the fram from said bed? lol  

ferret658

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 am
ferret658
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658

Lol I remember when my parents' bed was huge. Then I grew up and it only comes up to my knees. ^^ And that bed of yours seems to be a safety hazard. May I suggest couch, or possibly removing the fram from said bed? lol
For my bed to be totally safe, I would have to do with something like they have in Japan or China... a sleeping mat on the floor (in traditional households that is). I am always falling out of bed, or the couch, or the recliner. I cannot sleep in one position. A few weeks ago I woke up half in the bed, and half under the bed.  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games