Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:37 pm

good recomendation focus your learning on farming and education. mostly farming, so you can rake in the mad coin then twist it into military... thats how i maxed out my military half way through the game.... although the game became kinda tedious after that....... technology rocks!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:29 am

Lt. Brookman
Texinadawolf
Lt. Brookman
Problem resolved, an awesome dude or dudette over at Steam fixed it for me. I am now the proud owner of a very complicated game that will take ages to learn.

edit.

Ship battle controls are wonky.

Land battle controls are wonky.

Sieges are tough.

At least the Dutch speak proper Dutch and none of that Hollywood s**t.

Its Fun being the British given that the AI can't invade via the sea 3nodding
It has a very steep learning curve though, I mean where the effing eff am I supposed to learn all that stuff? In the American campaign? ugh

I did it by tral and error
and Auto-ing the battles 3nodding

though that lady appers and tells you things most of the time

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Well after half of next week, I'll just have one month to wait for Dragon Age: Origins, which comes out on November 3rd. So I got my preordered copy of Halo 3: ODST tuesday, and I already beat the campaign on easy, Firefight was fun...albeit three brutes with hammers on heroics rushing you is irritating, add the sometimes random lone hunter bombarding you with the fuel rod cannon >.<
Hah...I don't have to download any of the new maps, at least I don't have to waste money on Microsoft points for a while >.> so I get to play my favored Team SWAT and Team Snipers.

Until I get a better computer I won't be able to play Empire: Total War, heck I can't even play WoW...can't wait till I possibly get a new comp this Christmas, hopefully. Yeah, I had planned on going back to WoW after hearing about Cataclysm, too bad whatever problem my computer has seems to think otherwise, my older half brother tried fixing it, he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play, video card or driver...not sure.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Texinadawolf
Lt. Brookman
Texinadawolf
Lt. Brookman
Problem resolved, an awesome dude or dudette over at Steam fixed it for me. I am now the proud owner of a very complicated game that will take ages to learn.

edit.

Ship battle controls are wonky.

Land battle controls are wonky.

Sieges are tough.

At least the Dutch speak proper Dutch and none of that Hollywood s**t.

Its Fun being the British given that the AI can't invade via the sea 3nodding
It has a very steep learning curve though, I mean where the effing eff am I supposed to learn all that stuff? In the American campaign? ugh

I did it by tral and error
and Auto-ing the battles 3nodding

though that lady appers and tells you things most of the time

the only thing I let that lady tell me was where my under developed farms were everythign else I told the lot of them to frak off and it worked very well for me. crowning achievement in emipre literally 10 men defended one farm from roughly 1,000 Byzatine rabble. I only killed about 250 before time ran out but it was counted as a stunning victory!

GamerChik240

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:29 pm

There have been quite a few previews for Wet floating around on [adult swim] and I figured, hey, why not look into it.

The game looks pretty awesome. Reviews generally point toward slightly sloppy controls and graphics that are a little rough, but everything else points toward being a fast paced, action packed shooter/platformer. I'm looking forward to at least renting it.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 pm

me i played the demo I liked it but I foudn the graphics were mid ps2 at best the gameplay was okay.. but it lost out that the only way to use bullet time if through jumping or sliding which was kind of a bother the story looks pretty fun. they created a character thats a bad a** so as far as I know they made her as such. kind of the kratos theory.

GamerChik240

Wulver Morphe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:52 am

Personally, I'm looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
If it has anything near like the Sinper level from the original Modern Warfare, where you take out the target using the Barrett, I'm sold whee
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 am

Is that the bit where shoot the arm off?

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Yes, the part where due to strong wind they kinda miss.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 pm

it's remarkable how a 50.caliber round to the head,torso or leg can blow off ones arm.

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Wind can throw off your aim over long distances.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:40 pm

i'm talking about on impact,i once hit him in the foot and i got a 'i think you took his arm off!'

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Wulver Morphe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am

That plus the whole stealth approach to the site was frikken awesome whee
Took me a view goes to keep my spotter alive long enough for extraction, though sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:45 am

we have a spotter?! O_O.. oops

GamerChik240

Wulver Morphe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Haha, yeah, he's the guy running alongside you the whole mission. Unless you're as good as The End in Metal Gear Solid 3, he's pretty much mandatory xp
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games