Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 pm
SIGHSHNJHDFK today i dyed my hair a lighter golden blonde (my natural hair color looks like s**t under fake lighting) and stupid drama'd it up with my best friend's boyfriend and s**t

also it's going to thunderstorm all day tomorrow, so my birthday plans are ruined and I have no other ideas this short notice and I just wanna curl up in my bed at home and sleep the days away until i turn 20 so i can forget about it. u__u

New Jersey is butts and everyone is so rude and I just wanna go back to north carolina. I've filled my yearly quota of visiting relatives besides my mom.

but i did pick out my bride's maid dress for my mom's wedding. It looks like a purple version of belle's dress  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:25 pm
AliceLoathesWonderland
must not eat caramel filled chocolate cake.
Dieting.

Whyy must my brothers gf bring us cake crying

She wants to see how high your resistance level is twisted an if you give into the cake, don't give into the cake.

here workout to this 90's Richard Simmons video an you can have some cake emotion_awesome

Cows are the best emotion_kirakira

Aeducan that is bad and one of them looked like a really big tooth.  

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm
also suitor is terrified of my mom's cat, Muffin.

she's always staring at him when he wakes up.

and i'm talking to myself now  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:41 pm
Prince Ichi

Lol really?
But cats are awesome  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:52 pm
AliceLoathesWonderland
Prince Ichi

Lol really?
But cats are awesome
muffin is also incredibly bipolar and has razor claws. D:  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 pm
Prince Ichi
AliceLoathesWonderland
Prince Ichi

Lol really?
But cats are awesome
muffin is also incredibly bipolar and has razor claws. D:

Aw. poor crazy kitty  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 am
warrior_of_boognish
Slick Southpaw

emotion_c8 I like it when you fly under the radar. Cool s**t happens.

How strict is the MC decision making? I mean do you guys plan out for the whole year AND IT IS SET IN STONE kind of deal or are you guys just marked for bitching get randomly assigned?
I remember you talkin about your cupid thingy in Love Charm and trying to sorta be flexible without super deviation, are MC design processes just stricter then?

I wish we had the time to plan out a whole years worth of MC's. But there is futility in trying to gamble so far ahead something so hit and miss.

Compared to CI's for example, MC's face far heavier scrutiny. The hit and miss nature of things are generally more staggering when you only have two sets in the spotlight compared to like the forty two some odd sets that go out in nearly every CI and it really does effect how we go about brainstorming and executing MC's every month. There's also this stigma of MC's having to have that MC quality which in itself is generally undefinable and wholly subjective to be honest and as such pointlessly hampers reception and also affects how we go about our business. So we generally have to play on what colors/color combos users like most and what themes and poses users are more receptive to (while still working to the interest of whats best for the set mind you) rather than you know going out on a proverbial limb, because every time we gambled on that limb its been something of a bust.
Ah, so basically you're having do a certain level of pandering to the fickle crowd's trends and trying to accomplish a quality that is completely subjective and vague but it if is off, people will complain and rail until the cow comes home. gonk Now I can see why you'd like to do CI's more
But plans are made by a monthly basis based on the current...fashion trends + whatever ideas you brainstorm as? Am I reading that right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am
Slick Southpaw
warrior_of_boognish
Slick Southpaw

How strict is the MC decision making? I mean do you guys plan out for the whole year AND IT IS SET IN STONE kind of deal or are you guys just marked for bitching get randomly assigned?
I remember you talkin about your cupid thingy in Love Charm and trying to sorta be flexible without super deviation, are MC design processes just stricter then?

I wish we had the time to plan out a whole years worth of MC's. But there is futility in trying to gamble so far ahead something so hit and miss.

Compared to CI's for example, MC's face far heavier scrutiny. The hit and miss nature of things are generally more staggering when you only have two sets in the spotlight compared to like the forty two some odd sets that go out in nearly every CI and it really does effect how we go about brainstorming and executing MC's every month. There's also this stigma of MC's having to have that MC quality which in itself is generally undefinable and wholly subjective to be honest and as such pointlessly hampers reception and also affects how we go about our business. So we generally have to play on what colors/color combos users like most and what themes and poses users are more receptive to (while still working to the interest of whats best for the set mind you) rather than you know going out on a proverbial limb, because every time we gambled on that limb its been something of a bust.
Ah, so basically you're having do a certain level of pandering to the fickle crowd's trends and trying to accomplish a quality that is completely subjective and vague but it if is off, people will complain and rail until the cow comes home. gonk Now I can see why you'd like to do CI's more
But plans are made by a monthly basis based on the current...fashion trends + whatever ideas you brainstorm as? Am I reading that right?

I wouldn't say "current fashion trends" as much as just "whatever girls want at the moment". I'm pretty damn sure if Gaia didn't have to check every 15 minutes to make sure there's always something for girls to wear they could take more chances, and put out a lot more unique items.

I mean, look at the MC announcement

User Image

CREAM! GIRLS LIKE CREAM RIGHT?

AND A MASCULINE ITEM, BUT ITS OKAY FOR GIRLS TOO CAUSE LOOK, WE PUT IT ON A FEMALE MODEL AS WELL SO YOU CAN SEE ITS OKAY FOR GIRLS TO WEAR PLEASE BUY MCS  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 am
The Undead Suitor
Slick Southpaw
warrior_of_boognish
Slick Southpaw

I wouldn't say "current fashion trends" as much as just "whatever girls want at the moment". I'm pretty damn sure if Gaia didn't have to check every 15 minutes to make sure there's always something for girls to wear they could take more chances, and put out a lot more unique items.

I mean, look at the MC announcement

User Image

CREAM! GIRLS LIKE CREAM RIGHT?

AND A MASCULINE ITEM, BUT ITS OKAY FOR GIRLS TOO CAUSE LOOK, WE PUT IT ON A FEMALE MODEL AS WELL SO YOU CAN SEE ITS OKAY FOR GIRLS TO WEAR PLEASE BUY MCS
Hold on, I'm giggling over the terrible layering in their advertisement featuring a leg mod.

It's kinda becoming vaguely insulting now with the dichotomy going on, heck I didn't notice that much on the ad because most stuff doesn't work on my skin tone and I have low expectations on black actually being black. Sometimes I feel that Gaia makes these items to be a pixel version of acceptable feminine goals.
Gonna quote another friend of mine who put it together nicely:

Quote:
getting really fed up with gaia's obsession of making one MC dark/bloody/demonic/etc to pass it off as "masculine" and then the other doing whatever they want (usually involving excessive pastels, frills, and lace, and showing off lots of skin) in such a way that it's entirely unusable by those with a male base who don't want to feminize their looks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am
Aside from the lack of hum, masculinity, I like the quality of the items. Is a nice change from last year's items.  

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 am
This RIG's items are giving me a headache cause nothing in my inventory fits thematically with them. When I finally can finish an avatar it just doesn't look like "me". ugh.

The MCs were fine, I always appreciate shorts and silly hats. Always.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 am
I really don't like anything of these MC's

It's saddening since february's was so awesome :  

Day7

Aged Gaian

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 am
I like the King's leg mod, particularly because I hate the feet on the female base.
And I like action stances.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:19 am
Eudaemon
I like the King's leg mod, particularly because I hate the feet on the female base.
And I like action stances.

Hm, It looks better on the female base than the male base. It looks like a pelvic thrust to me on the male base.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 am
I can't believe this is still happening

Gaia devs have broken the site to where I cannot use any pop-down menus or even dress my avatar.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games