Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:08 am
BrookM
Around here, yes.

But other places not so much, though it does help to not have a laser focus on just Games Workshop products and actively encourage discussion of other systems and settings as well without putting the boot down and banning people for reasons unknown.

Hmm, nearly broke my neck from whiplash there, I used to be quite an a*****e mod myself.

Days long past. We were all there.

One of my friends is a good MtG player. Like, real good. Wins local tourneys all the time. He's going to be using his store credit prizes to get our gaming group into Star Wars Armada.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:02 am
Caleidah
BrookM
Around here, yes.

But other places not so much, though it does help to not have a laser focus on just Games Workshop products and actively encourage discussion of other systems and settings as well without putting the boot down and banning people for reasons unknown.

Hmm, nearly broke my neck from whiplash there, I used to be quite an a*****e mod myself.

Days long past. We were all there.

One of my friends is a good MtG player. Like, real good. Wins local tourneys all the time. He's going to be using his store credit prizes to get our gaming group into Star Wars Armada.
Those failures still keep me up at night, haunting me until the day the grave claims me. emotion_facepalm

I'd make a joke about how expensive Armada is, but when stacked up against competitive play of Magic, it's actually way cheaper. While X-Wing is played around here, Armada hasn't taken off at all, the higher entry level prices certainly don't do it any favours.

Curious, did you guys also check out Star Trek Attack Wing, or did you give it a wide berth like most folks out there?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:11 pm
BrookM
Those failures still keep me up at night, haunting me until the day the grave claims me. emotion_facepalm
You're getting an emo cut and a Linkin Park CD this year. emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:36 pm
Vikki Stardust
BrookM
And real razors please. How can I be brave, bold and expressive if I can't even cut myself and get those wicked scars to show how hard everything is? Have you tried cutting yourself with an electric razor? emo  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:25 am
BrookM
Vikki Stardust
BrookM
And real razors please. How can I be brave, bold and expressive if I can't even cut myself and get those wicked scars to show how hard everything is? Have you tried cutting yourself with an electric razor? emo
Cutters make Joanie sad.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:26 am
I got fed up with all the snide comments about my miniatures so I'm stripping the paint from close to a 1/3 of my miniatures.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:04 pm
Scrubbed some of the miniatures I had soaking in Simple Green this morning. My sink ended up looking like the site of a Smurf massacre.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:00 am
* Is not sure what to say, but feels she has to say something. *  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:22 pm
Sean King
I got fed up with all the snide comments about my miniatures so I'm stripping the paint from close to a 1/3 of my miniatures.
What was the problem, if you don't mind me asking?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:44 pm
Thick old paint, mainly on the gold trim. I also am go to be cleaning up some old paint jobs that really could look better. I just finished washing most of them. I do not want to ever do this again.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:48 pm
The newer metallics, while a bit more expensive, do work a whole lot better than the older ones. They still need a little bit of thinning though, which can sometimes be more akin to science than hobbying about. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:27 pm
I know. I really like the newer golds. I use Gehenna Gold and then a dry brush of Auric Armor Gold. I'm almost finished I just have about 5 more Marines and 2 Landspeeders.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:57 pm
I just got home from working at the polls for the primary election. If a certain loud mouth is elected president, I think my family will have to seek asylum in Canada before he builds his wall along the US/Canada border.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:16 pm
Trump can never win! Now if only Brobama could do another term! emotion_yatta  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:52 pm
Upgrading to Windows 10 is about to drive me INSANE!!!
I have been trying to get this crap to just download and install for three days so far. For the last 2 days I have been working with tech support for a total of 10 hours and we still have not been able to get the darn this to even start to download.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games