Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Ah yes, your p***s is verrrrrry tiny. blaugh

j/k
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:28 pm

A bit too fuzzy but I can make out most of the books, I think. Quite a repository of Imperial Armour and RPG books you've got there. What is that big black thing on the second shelf though?

Kaori Kapoigne
Ah yes, your p***s is verrrrrry tiny. blaugh

j/k
Oh do behave.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 am

aaaah you see I lack the mass of rule books for my Warhammer section
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

No, what you lack is the obsessive compulsive to collect each and every book they release. wink

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 am

I guess that would be the best description in regards to this collection. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Kaori Kapoigne
No, what you lack is the obsessive compulsive to collect each and every book they release. wink
Well and I don't buy what I don't want to read about. So anything that more or less isn't about the Imperium I don't get

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Mat
Kaori Kapoigne
Well and I don't buy what I don't want to read about. So anything that more or less isn't about the Imperium I don't get
Isn't most of the stuff Imperial tho?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Kaori Kapoigne
Mat
Kaori Kapoigne
well the is stuff about Chaos and Space Elves and I also don't own much of the Fantasy line I have a whole 3 fantasy books

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:42 am

Mat
Kaori Kapoigne
Mat
Kaori Kapoigne
well the is stuff about Chaos and Space Elves and I also don't own much of the Fantasy line I have a whole 3 fantasy books
Hmm, you should prolly bug Mac about good fantasy and non-Imperial books.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:25 am

Good 40k novels: Soul Hunter and Path of the Warrior. Most of the other stuff is either very much pro-Imperial and already read by you, or sadly out of print.

Good Fantasy novels: Reiksguard, Sword of Justice, the Witch Hunter trilogy, Brunner, Gotrek and Felix, the Von Carstein trilogy and Fell Cargo if you like pirates.

Also, Horus Heresy and the Times of Legend novels. Both ranges are excellent and especially so for the ToL novels, which really delve into the genesis of the Warhammer Fantasy world as it is. Sigmar is obviously all about the founding of the Empire, the Sundering is about how the schism between the High Elves and Dark Elves came to be, while Nagash tells us about the infamous necromancer himself and more surprisingly, the birth of the vampire.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:50 am

Times of Legend is actually pretty good and this is from a person who doesn't like Fantasy all that much. Though this might have something to do with the fact that they aren't all battles and bloodshed, but also a healthy dose of fictional history lessons.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Lt. Brookman
Good 40k novels: Soul Hunter and Path of the Warrior. Most of the other stuff is either very much pro-Imperial and already read by you, or sadly out of print.

Good Fantasy novels: Reiksguard, Sword of Justice, the Witch Hunter trilogy, Brunner, Gotrek and Felix, the Von Carstein trilogy and Fell Cargo if you like pirates.

Also, Horus Heresy and the Times of Legend novels. Both ranges are excellent and especially so for the ToL novels, which really delve into the genesis of the Warhammer Fantasy world as it is. Sigmar is obviously all about the founding of the Empire, the Sundering is about how the schism between the High Elves and Dark Elves came to be, while Nagash tells us about the infamous necromancer himself and more surprisingly, the birth of the vampire.

Well I mean I know a good deal of Fantasy stuff. Just real have only read the few books as when it comes time to buy the one or two books I might get I typically choose the one with explody and chainsword bits. I also have most current Horus Heresy stuff.

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Apparently, Path of the Warrior is a really bad book, according to a few of my friends.

I'm reading Nemesis at the moment and find it extremely hard to put down when ever I pick it up, easily one of the best HH books, and this is only half way through.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:08 am

Nemesis is okay, First Heretic will be much better.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:54 am

That might be your personal bias speaking though, as I think you've got something of a man crush on the author of said upcoming novel. wink
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games