Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:41 am
That's unfortunate...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:48 pm
I really need to start adding diodes to my models, of the variety that emit light. I mean, with enough credits for an Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering, it's not outside my sphere of knowledge, and with a microcontroller, I can make patterns of light flashes based upon external data, like tracking the number of hull points or having a multi-color LED track the vehicle's status conditions. In fact, once I get an in-series programmer, I'll just purchase the microcontroller ICs and do that for all my vehicles!

If I ever pull it off, I'll need to post a vid...  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am
notmuch_23
I really need to start adding diodes to my models, of the variety that emit light. I mean, with enough credits for an Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering, it's not outside my sphere of knowledge, and with a microcontroller, I can make patterns of light flashes based upon external data, like tracking the number of hull points or having a multi-color LED track the vehicle's status conditions. In fact, once I get an in-series programmer, I'll just purchase the microcontroller ICs and do that for all my vehicles!

Now that sounds pretty awesome, i'd try something with LED's myself but i'll probably and up short-circuiting it and melting my stuff sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:18 pm
notmuch_23

Please do! Let me know where you get your components, I've done some poking around on Amazon, and while I know the basics of a circuit I'm not sure I could put together a working setup with micro-LEDs.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:02 pm
merydell

Now that sounds pretty awesome, i'd try something with LED's myself but i'll probably and up short-circuiting it and melting my stuff sweatdrop

I've given it some thought, and I think the most practical setup for gaming purposes would be a row of either three or four LEDs (depending on the number of hull points) and a tri-color LED. Using potentiometers with the analog-to-digital converters (for one pin instead of two), a simple program can light up the number of LEDs as the vehicle has hull points left, and the current status (green for full operation, blue for shaken, purple for stunned, amber for immobilized, and red for wrecked (weapon destroyed would be marked on the weapon)). I just need to get my hands on some ATMega 328 chips and successfully program it with my Arduino Uno board.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:42 am
Not mine, but I've found my next hobby project! emotion_drool

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Already ordered the wheels.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 am
It does look loads better with the wheels, though could probably use a bit more suspension.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:18 am
DarkElf27
It does look loads better with the wheels, though could probably use a bit more suspension.
This one was taken at Salute, where the model was just put on four wheels without any glue or converting involved. Chances are if properly mounted it will put a few mm's in between the wheels and the skirts. We shall see, the wheels are already on their way to me, all I need to do now is find the time to pick up my Taurox at the FLGS.

I'll leave the turret off, nor will I mount anything on the sides, maybe just a storm bolter on the pintle, keeping it as simple as possible. Though I am tempted to put mesh on the inside of all the view ports along with an LED light.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:06 pm
It definitely looks better with those big all terrain wheels, as much as I like things with tracks the model looked like it was meant to have wheels and not tracks.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:07 am
Talk about timing! From Dakka Dakka:

Quote:
Today, I get to make the announcement and post the pictures. It helps that Victoria is still out of the country and 7 hours ahead of me, which allows me to snipe her.

On the down side, I don't have all her pretty templates, so my post won't look as flash as hers do.

Conversion parts suitable for use with the new GW Taurox kit.

Now, I'd like to make one very important disclaimer - what you see here is NOT the master, it is the quick, low quality print to ensure that the piece fits properly onto the chassis.

The file has been sent off to the 3d printing company and will be immediately despatched to the caster upon completion.

As I told Jake, the creator of these parts, looks like I'll be running more than one Taurox in my army soon. redface  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 am
And so it begins:

Sadly with a whimper, one of the exhaust pieces is missing, I mailed GW about, hopefully they can replace it. But, on the bright side I had no trouble at all converting the autocannons onto the gun pod, making it look less silly. Now, we wait for the wheels.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 pm
Working on converting a Commissar with a power axe. Had to sculpt the hand out of greenstuff, and took the mouthpiece from a vox guardsman to make the "power" part of the axe.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 am
Just got word that my wheels have arrived, awww yis! Talk about fast service! pirate  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:06 am
BrookM
Just got word that my wheels have arrived, awww yis! Talk about fast service! pirate
Doing a sight better than the Royal Mail. =(  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 am
DarkElf27
BrookM
Doing a sight better than the Royal Mail. =(
This one's also from the UK. sweatdrop  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas