Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inkmoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:22 pm
Hiya!!!
you can call me Inky or Inkmoon, I am 13 years old( this year 2010) and I am an Amateur at art, I love music writing, and Drawing. My Art tends to be very childish but sometimes something really good comes out. I make a lot of little clay figures. And I am currently in 7 Grade in switzerland. My hobbys are, sleeping, Art, Writing, daydreaming, reading, Keeping myself busy. I would really like to have Mentor to show me how to make my art more Mature!!! 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:59 pm
Hi!!! I'm Jennalee aka Luv_Elixir

I'm 19 I like stuff >_> hehe

Heres my art.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/luv_elixir-s-art-shop-500th-post-gets-50k-open/t.59534101/

Uhm yeah not sure how to work all the neat little thingies on here that make things not look this gay?? lol  

Jelopi

illusionwings

Fluffy Lunatic

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 am
Hi my name is Bec I'm from down under aka Australia.
I'm 19 and of course I draw. *points to signature*
Refer to profile for other details.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 am
ello all! My gaia name is Ahino becose its easy to remmember but my real name is Diane ...close friends calls me DeeDee...

I started watch Anime like a baby...i like to watch anime & read Manga...i draw evry day thts why my bedroom is full of draws & its all in a mess xD ...but i like it tht way becose its origionall lol 4laugh

well i think i draw pretty tht says & mine clossest friend Sweet Jenny McCookie (& others)

well...this was randomies lol xD...

well more about me in short : im diabetic,im 12 years old, i love anime/manga/drawing....

oh yeah & i play violine well thts not inmportant...

huh xD
whee  

Ahino

9,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 am
Hi, I'm Mariya. I'm 19, Ukrainian, and mostly sketch. D= I'm not an art student (I do commerce, gah), but I think many people here are so this is the next best thing. I mostly draw animals, fantasy, people, vegetation, and as of a few days ago sci-fi. I haven't really been exposing my art too much on the internet, so this'll be an interesting experience. Cheers.

my DA  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:28 am
i cant remember if i introduced myself or not but when i can i upload my pictures u can rate them all yoiu want i dnt care what comments are put up whether negative or positive all comments are good  

King Daemon

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

Marixel

Demonic Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 am
Thanks to Folken_Schezar I'm now a part of the guild! Whoohoo!

I'm M.arixel and glad to be apart of something biggrin

You can find my DA at Krudocian.deviantart.com

I JUST added my first real art today too. It's been a looong time..then again this is my first time ever doing something that good biggrin Check out k311z pic ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:03 pm
Hallo~! It's your friendly neighborhood Sammasaur here!

I'm a Sophomore in highschool and I've only ever taken a half year art course (which was last year). I'm taking a full year next year (hopefully) so maybe I'll get to improve more than I have been lately.

I've been drawing since I was little. I drew angels a lot for some reason though I'm neither religious nor Christian/Catholic/etc. >.> I'm Buddhist... So I'm not sure where I got that from.. But I didn't think I was particularly good so I told my mom I wanted to be a "coloring artist" when I grew up because I thought I was pretty darn good with my coloring books. xD I got more serious about it in middle school though where I took up anime (oh, of course). Though now, it's just a hobby. I'd rather not go into the art field, XP however fun it is.

My main medium is the pencil though I hope to get into acrylics or something. I'm somewhat opposed to digital but I've got a tablet and I can't help myself because it can be so pretty and it's considerably easier (in my opinion). Though, in either one I'm liable to draw an animal. Lately I'm not particularly proud of anything I draw and I can't seem to finish the things that start to look good. D: Oh, what a predicament.

Here's my three-piece gallery anyway. XD Hopefully I'll get more up soon..
DA

And sometimes I can't shut up, if you couldn't tell. =.=;

sammonroll

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

LelithVX

150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:20 pm
heart It's great to have been accepted into this fine Guild...
I hope deep within my heart that one day I can improve my art skills and become a manga artist...
My idol artist was Mia Ikumi.. her TMM series was the
first I ever read and the first manga to ever get me
interested in drawing. It's become my passion to draw
manga now and that is why I've come seeking help from
those who are more skilled then me.~<3
I hope this will be a fun experience.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:08 am

Hello- this is Aellos. Just call me so.

I got sick of all the "i draw u avi art naos" threads in the Art Discussion, so I found this place. biggrin

I'm a nursing student who takes art classes when I have the time (since I'm not in clinicals yet). So of course I'm an amatuer artist. I can give advice since I have a knowladge of color theory, but I still need help myself since I'm not the greatest artist out there.

rnage bomb

Romantic Lunatic

Chinchillin Villain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:44 pm
Hey guys,

First off I just wanted to thank you guys for officially accepting me into the guild. I was already lurking and critiquing before acceptance lol, but it's much less weird now that I'm a member too hahah.

So, a little bit about me.

I am 23 years old. I went to school for 2d and 3d animation. I did a bit of post production work on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The IMAX Experience (so no you won't find my name in the DVD credits). While I was working on that contract I got the run down on how to create a website, and a content management system too. Now I am currently employed at a Paint your own Pottery studio in my home town.

I've always had a passion for art. I started playing with photoshop when I was in grade 9, and when I had decided on animation as my college choice I took weekly traditional art classes to work on my portfolio. So, I have experience in a number of different mediums, both traditional and digital. I've explored the wonderful world of websites, and I've had the extreme pleasure of learning how to animate my drawings to bring them to life in a whole new way.

Since college I've found that my drawings have been severely simplified. I think the trauma of drawing my characters out 1000 times for a short video made me simplify them substantially. I'm starting to come out of it... But you may find that my style is really quite simple. lol. I'm hoping that drawing more with you guys will bring me back out of it.

Anyhow, I look forward to drawing with you guys. I've already found a book that was recommended by someone I have on order on amazon. lol. And I only registered on Gaia yesterday! Crazy.

Ciao for now! See you all on the boards. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:21 pm
My name is Chris. Wonder how many more Chris are here... hm...

anyways, I'm about to turn 19 this summer, but that doesn't matter to me.

Art is something that I've always had a passion for. Ever since I was five, I can remember drawing whatever character from television cartoons and anime that came out back in the days. It wasn't great, but I promised myself to get better at it.

As for my art, My signature was drawn by me. It's not the best, nor do i think is the worst, but I am hoping on learning more techniques on how to draw better, draw more realistically, and maybe improve my comics.

My sig has my art though, so for now, that's all I can show you guyses. : )  

MorCAsCr1s

Rainbow Smoker

16,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

closedAccount2014

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:36 pm
Hey, I'm bringonthebedlam.

I'm a junior at Arizona State University, and it's totally true what they say about tons of bro's and ho's. lol.

Right now, I'm a computer graphics major, with a possible minor in Japanese, but that could change. I've already studied in Tokyo for a full semester, and my Japanese has deteriorated SO much since I got back. If you're looking to learn or speak Japanese with someone, I'm your gal!

I'm a huge comic book nerd, not really manga but more like Marvel and DC and stuff, so my art style is somewhere in between there. I haven't been submitting a lot of drawn work lately though, because most of my classes this semester are art history and performance art, which take p a ton of my time. If you're interested in seeing the little that I DO have, I'd be more than happy smile I'm also a huge bookworm, so I'm available if you want to swap books or blather on about literature smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:40 pm
Hello all, they call me Leviviticus, Levi for short. I've been into art since my earliest recollection. I eat, sleep, and breath art. It's just my life. I work in many styles and mediums, including doll painting, modding, web design, cartooning, animation, photography, make up, nail, and interior decorating.

I've never gone to school for my teaching, I learned everything I know through either art books, or online through mimicry/tutorials. I am most familiar with traditional art and the psychology of color in business marketing and media.

I'm a hardcore geek though, I love playing video games, watching anime, writing stories/comics, drawing, roleplaying, D&D, and anything that really gets into the world outside this one.

Oh, almost forgot, I'm also your friendly neighborhood chubby-chaser and fat acceptance/size acceptance activist (Weighing a complete 118lbs. XD ) If you'll notice, most of my artwork is male, and it is also obese. Primarily because 1) I like it. but also 2) Because it is something worth displaying as beautiful- since as an artist, I love to draw beautiful thing. ^___~

I came here for both mentoring as well as apprenticeship. I want to learn, very, very much. But, also I want to tutor as well. I don't enjoy the picture post, because the form is very slanted, usually if I draw something 'socially' appealing as a whole, it will get a lot of kudos, and little constructive criticism. On the other hand, if it is less, I get a four page rant about how I my choice of subject is controversial. I hope to see smarter, more refined persons here with both talent to critique and also the talent to take it. Both of which I am greatly looking forward to here.

Thank you all very much for reading my introduction, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Leviticus
My deviantArt Page  

The Smut Peddler

High-functioning Prophet

allyoopla92

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:42 pm
Hihi! I'm Alysha but you can call me Lee. I'm a senior in high school and I will be 18 in exactly one week (April 29th woot!).

I will be attending Virginia Commonwealth University in Fall 2010 to major in Biology, concentration in Environmental Science.
I take Art 3 as one of my electives and I love it (art, not the class razz ). I usually just draw/sketch in pencil, but I like trying new mediums. Recently, I've tried printmaking but I'm always open to new suggestions for new techniques AND different mediums. I also have a more post-impressionistic style. I don't really have technical ability but I'd love to learn and improve my skills.

I like designing clothes and I've sewed a few outfits together. To be honest, I really want to find my OWN style. Of drawing and of fashion.

Chocolate and COFFEE are a must!  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces