Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 pm
Here's the thing. She said no one else is offended by what she said.

I don't think that's true. I think Cu, the lineaged Wica, other Gael, and pretty much everyone who hates racism is at least slightly offended by this kind of bullshit.

Maybe not everyone. But I can't believe I'm the only one. At the same time, it isn't appropriate to "sick" people on her. So I'm left without a way to demonstrate that there are others who are offended.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 pm
She's in a guild with me, and I saw it on her profile when I took a peek at it about a month ago. Honestly, I'm never quite sure how to go about pointing that stuff out and explaining why and how it's racism redface .
So yes, I was offended.
But I just don't know how to address it properly. I'm not even a member of any of the groups listed so I almost feel like even though I'm offended, I don't really have a foot to stand on in pointing it out. If that makes sense.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:43 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

But I just don't know how to address it properly. I'm not even a member of any of the groups listed so I almost feel like even though I'm offended, I don't really have a foot to stand on in pointing it out. If that makes sense.
I want to say it was Edmund Burke who said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I'm not homosexual. I tell people when their slandering of the GLBT community offends me.

I'm not black. I don't tolerate people using the N word around me.

I'm not mentally handicapped. I don't let it slide silently when my co-workers call something the R word.

Words affect how we interact with the world.
Senses of Unearned Entitlement allow us to dehumanize and take advantage of people.

Sometimes the best way to start is by exploring how you feel about it- how it makes you feel to see someone who isn't like you being mistreated for not being like you by someone else.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:44 am
Quote:
Quote:
hey your were bothering a friend of mine her name is eartha oak and i want to know what ur problem with her is cause according to u shes being racist ageinst gypsys and other races

We'll pause here to point out that this isn't "according to me", that this is "according to sociologists". I'm merely citing them.

Look, racism isn't all about dressing up in white sheets and burning crosses on people's yards. Racism can and is more subtle than that. In the case of the Rroma, (by the way, I have reported your PM for it's violation of the forum rules against using Racist Slurs on Gaia) often times racism comes in the form of entitlement to a romanticized stereotype. People like Eartha Oak don't treat us like we're people, like we're humans deserving of the same respect and thoughtfulness that you or she are.

We're merely a removed caricature- something exotic. After all, being exotic is so much cooler than being a fair skinned American. If you understand that being Rroma means that you can be walking to get some milk from the store for your son, and find yourself being beaten by a police officer because you're pregnant and he wants to cause you to miscarry- you suddenly don't want to be Rroma.

Quote:
and i read what she said i dont think she was being racist and i read some of the stuff she sent me it looks to me like u cant leave her alone

When she makes statements that demand responses, she shouldn't be surprised that she gets them.

Quote:
in fact i was talking on the phone with her when she was talking to u and i know everything u said to her and what she said back so tell me why were u messing with her and her of all people if u ask me ur the only person who had a problem with her and like u said u have friends who will be offended by what she said yea only u and ur friends would be offended

Let's do this. Here is a link to what a Moderator of this site has to say about the kind of she exibited and you are defending.

Deoridhe

Currently, under item four of the rules and guidelines on message postings*, other widely used racial slurs are discouraged for trolling on Gaia, such as "******" or "k**e" or "w*****k". None of those terms would ever be used for a character in a Gaian MMORPG because of the history of violence and abuse around those terms and their use to insult and discriminate against people. "Gypsy" has a similar history, but is considered more controversial because some people claim they use it complementarily, as if the sterialization, abuse, expulsion, and murder of the Roma and Travellers were somehow negated by people buying scarves and having their cards read. I personally think this is an untenable ethical and moral stand, and that the word "gypsy", like other racial slurs which have been used to render groups of people less-than-human, should not be used as if this history doesn't exist.

So, do you understand what it is like to be part of an ethic group, to be beaten, spit upon, to be told that your family member had their womb ripped from her body because the Czech Government wanted to prevent the birth of what they consider "undesirables".

Somehow Eartha Oak's racist stereotypes and the enjoyment of the Exotic Mystical Hocus Pocus that the Rroma represent to her somehow negates this suffering and makes it okay? No. And shame on you for defending it.
Quote:

Quote:
so tell me what did she do that was so bad u had to try and hurt a teen girl

She's a racist. And it wasn't to hurt her. It was to get her to stop.

Which she hasn't.

Quote:
huh do u feel like a big person huh big guy do u if u ask me u sound sexist to me

Show me a statement wherein I demonstrated sexism.

Because something tells me you don't know what sexism is.

Quote:
how old r u u claim shes being inappropriate and childish she didnt try to hurt u not like what u are doing to her

Every racist who degrades my culture in order to make themselves feel special- every teenage girl who doesn't want to be of Anglo-Saxon heritage so she lies about her ethnicity does more to perpetuate the stereotypes that lead to the kind of discrimination the Moderator of the forum condemned.

Quote:
wow calling a teen girl out because she may not have known something

Yes. Liars are to be called out. And when she realized that she was wrong, she could have made it up to me, but instead she defended her racist attitudes.

Quote:
and further more why didnt u leave her alone

Because she asked questions. Saying "Leave me alone, what is the sum of two and two?" invites further conversation.

Quote:
huh she asked u multiple times and then u pushed ur relegion and beliefs on her and u claim to be christian ha i was raised christian and i was taught not to push anything on anyone

Please don't lie. Cite in my PMs to her where I said I was Christian.

Quote:
its people like u who disgust me i myself am a proud wiccan

Really? What is your tradition? What is your lineage and why do you worship a god who has to beat his goddess with a flail in order to make her love him?

Quote:
and another thing i am 19 years old i am going to school for astrophysics

If you're in College, why do you type like you have the language skills of a fifth grader?

And why do you think that having a score on a standardized test somehow makes your position infallible?

Quote:
ageinst me unless u can tell me exactly how its possible that when u travel 30 times the speed of light everything slows down outside of ur spaceship and everything becomes smaller and why it is if ur on the outside everything inside of it including the spaceship stopes dead stuck in time and it becomes smaller here ill tell u its because they broke the gamma barrier and the gamma barrier is a light barrier u have to break to go 30 times the speed of light

I don't have to. All I have to do is point out that we can't travel thirty times the speed of light. And the fact of the matter is the light you use to see is moving at the same speed you are, then you're unable to perceive the reflection of light to process visual data.

So, if you're in college for this stuff, why is it that you're unable to actually represent the concept addressed in a High School physics class correctly?

Quote:
i would appratiate a apology for eartha oak though because shes got enough in those messages to have u reported for not only stalking her but harrassment as well please leave her alone unless u can account for everyhting u did to her
thank you for ur time

I can and do account for every message.
Reporting someone for responding to you when you invite a reply is an abuse of the report system, so if she does it, she'll likely be punished for it.

And I have nothing to apologize for. She is an unrepentant racist, and you're no better for defending her.

Him surprised k let me be plane and simple u may not know it but i have been subjsect to racism my entire life i have and always will be alone fighting everyone by myself so go ahead and bring it all on i can take anything u throw at me and return it 10 fold if i wanted to by the way im not deleted or banned yet and tell me when did i say something racist tell me im merely saying what u claim and if it offends u so much deal with it life isnt fair as for eartha oak she never did anything to provoke u to do what u did and u over reacted because she still had a book with gypsy in the title

Quote:
Quote:

ok let me be plane and simple u may not know it but i have been subjsect to racism my entire life
Apparently you're selective in it. You condone her racist actions, but you fight against those actions taken against you. You're worse than she is in my opinion. It's one thing to engage in unconscious ingrained racist patterns and to overcome them through education. It's another thing to be aware of how racism affects people, and perpetuate it against those who aren't in your group.
Quote:

but i have and always will be alone fighting everyone by myself
What a curious persecution complex. If you are a real target of racism, there are groups designed to protect and support you.

So, tell us. What kind of racism have you experienced. How did it manifest and what steps did you take to stop it?
Quote:

so go ahead and bring it all on i can take anything u throw at me and return it 10 fold if i wanted to
I issue one simple fact.

You cannot deal with the facts I have presented. That's why you failed to address them.
Quote:

by the way im not deleted or banned yet
Moderators work on their own schedule. They're not our servants. My guess is that you'll simply be warned for this infraction.
Quote:

and tell me when did i say something racist
When you support the racist positions of others and perpetuate their unfounded entitlement, you engage in racist behavior.

Pretty much your opening post is racist justification.

Quote:
she never did anything to provoke u to do what u did
Actually she did. She engaged in racist behavior and what drew my attention is that her irresponsible actions endangered others. That's provocation.

koolaid117
TeaDidikai Wrote:
koolaid117 Wrote:
hey your were bothering a friend of mine her name is eartha oak and i want to know what ur problem with her is cause according to u shes being racist ageinst gypsys and other races

We'll pause here to point out that this isn't "according to me", that this is "according to sociologists". I'm merely citing them.

Look, racism isn't all about dressing up in white sheets and burning crosses on people's yards. Racism can and is more subtle than that. In the case of the Rroma, (by the way, I have reported your PM for it's violation of the forum rules against using Racist Slurs on Gaia) often times racism comes in the form of entitlement to a romanticized stereotype. People like Eartha Oak don't treat us like we're people, like we're humans deserving of the same respect and thoughtfulness that you or she are.

We're merely a removed caricature- something exotic. After all, being exotic is so much cooler than being a fair skinned American. If you understand that being Rroma means that you can be walking to get some milk from the store for your son, and find yourself being beaten by a police officer because you're pregnant and he wants to cause you to miscarry- you suddenly don't want to be Rroma.

ok let me be plane and simple u may not know it but i have been subjsect to racism my entire life i have and always will be alone fighting everyone by myself so go ahead and bring it all on i can take anything u throw at me and return it 10 fold if i wanted to by the way im not deleted or banned yet and tell me when did i say something racist tell me im merely saying what u claim and if it offends u so much deal with it life isnt fair as for eartha oak she never did anything to provoke u to do what u did and u over reacted because she still had a book with gypsy in the title

Quote:

and i read what she said i dont think she was being racist and i read some of the stuff she sent me it looks to me like u cant leave her alone

When she makes statements that demand responses, she shouldn't be surprised that she gets them.

yea maybe thats the only way to get attention especially when the world is ageisnt u just because u live

Quote:

in fact i was talking on the phone with her when she was talking to u and i know everything u said to her and what she said back so tell me why were u messing with her and her of all people if u ask me ur the only person who had a problem with her and like u said u have friends who will be offended by what she said yea only u and ur friends would be offended

Let's do this. Here is a link to what a Moderator of this site has to say about the kind of she exibited and you are defending.

Deoridhe Wrote:
Currently, under item four of the rules and guidelines on message postings*, other widely used racial slurs are discouraged for trolling on Gaia, such as "******" or "k**e" or "w*****k". None of those terms would ever be used for a character in a Gaian MMORPG because of the history of violence and abuse around those terms and their use to insult and discriminate against people. "Gypsy" has a similar history, but is considered more controversial because some people claim they use it complementarily, as if the sterialization, abuse, expulsion, and murder of the Roma and Travellers were somehow negated by people buying scarves and having their cards read. I personally think this is an untenable ethical and moral stand, and that the word "gypsy", like other racial slurs which have been used to render groups of people less-than-human, should not be used as if this history doesn't exist.

So, do you understand what it is like to be part of an ethic group, to be beaten, spit upon, to be told that your family member had their womb ripped from her body because the Czech Government wanted to prevent the birth of what they consider "undesirables".

Somehow Eartha Oak's racist stereotypes and the enjoyment of the Exotic Mystical Hocus Pocus that the Rroma represent to her somehow negates this suffering and makes it okay? No. And shame on you for defending it.

and here we go pushing believes on to others wow u have a moderater backing u up im impressed i havent seen that before im willing to bet if i looked into it its the same moderater supporting u all the way so then tell me whats the point in fighting something like this well let me tell u what it is its called standing up for urself and helping other people who need it u should know good and well because thats what u claim to be doing

Quote:

so tell me what did she do that was so bad u had to try and hurt a teen girl

She's a racist. And it wasn't to hurt her. It was to get her to stop.

Which she hasn't.

she never began to begin with if u hadnt noticed but racism is every where and puting a stop to it will not be easy one little word gypsy honestly i dont care what race u r everyone diserves a chance to prove that they are in fact good people ill let u know a little secret here were i live its called fresno california look into it but i dont see many white only things but u see alot of hispanic only or african american only schools churches u name it weve got it but the thing that really bothers me is if u fill out an aplication for work or something else they ask ur race why does it matter why does ur race matter honestly and another thing why does it say for whites none white hispanic and none hispanic african american now why is it im called by the color of my skin but everyone else gets something that sounds better huh if ur goal is trully to rid the world of racism than we should help each other not fight but my goal is also to eleminate sexism as well this entire arguement is over a misunderstanding and i came to ask it of u to back off and find a better way to solve ur problems

Quote:
huh do u feel like a big person huh big guy do u if u ask me u sound sexist to me

Show me a statement wherein I demonstrated sexism.

Because something tells me you don't know what sexism is.

sexism is all for one sex and nothing for the other u remind me a a man i once knew who was so sexist towards wemen that he disowned his own wife and daughter and left them for dead because he didnt get a son

Quote:
how old r u u claim shes being inappropriate and childish she didnt try to hurt u not like what u are doing to her

Every racist who degrades my culture in order to make themselves feel special- every teenage girl who doesn't want to be of Anglo-Saxon heritage so she lies about her ethnicity does more to perpetuate the stereotypes that lead to the kind of discrimination the Moderator of the forum condemned.

so then why isnt she banned huh and ohh what a minute didnt u just ask in the last quote what u said to put down wemen ohh look at that only teenage girls huh now not only are u a stalker and harassing someone but now u sound to me like a pedifile and sexist

Quote:
wow calling a teen girl out because she may not have known something

Yes. Liars are to be called out. And when she realized that she was wrong, she could have made it up to me, but instead she defended her racist attitudes.

yea she could if she was racist one little word and it dosnt even half to come out the way it sounds its like a perverted person will think another person said something perverted that they didnt mean to say so lets recap here if u think its racist maybe ur too bent on finding racism ur blinded and dont relise what the person really said

Quote:
and further more why didnt u leave her alone

Because she asked questions. Saying "Leave me alone, what is the sum of two and two?" invites further conversation.

4 im not stupid she asked questions to further illustrate how wrong u are its called retoricle questioning heres one for u if u were being accused of saying something u didnt mean to say cause it didnt come out right arent u going to try anything u know to get the person to understand what u said and that its a misunderstanding

Quote:

huh she asked u multiple times and then u pushed ur relegion and beliefs on her and u claim to be christian ha i was raised christian and i was taught not to push anything on anyone

Please don't lie. Cite in my PMs to her where I said I was Christian.

umm i cant exactly but i can site u were u said may god have pity on u or somthing like that ill send it to u if u like

Quote:
its people like u who disgust me i myself am a proud wiccan

Really? What is your tradition? What is your lineage and why do you worship a god who has to beat his goddess with a flail in order to make her love him?

first of all what does that have anything to do anything were arguing about and as for tradition what r u going to disrimanate ageinst me or something as for worshiping a god and blah blah blah there are different kinds a wiccans i worship nature and ohh look there we go puting others down by there religion i didnt question u about ur believes dont ask mine

Quote:

and another thing i am 19 years old i am going to school for astrophysics

If you're in College, why do you type like you have the language skills of a fifth grader?

And why do you think that having a score on a standardized test somehow makes your position infallible?

simple its called not majoring in english and so what besides ever think maybe i just threw this together off the top of my head and didnt care as long as i got my facts through why does it matter
ohh yea again discriminating ageinst english skills this time

Quote:

ageinst me unless u can tell me exactly how its possible that when u travel 30 times the speed of light everything slows down outside of ur spaceship and everything becomes smaller and why it is if ur on the outside everything inside of it including the spaceship stopes dead stuck in time and it becomes smaller here ill tell u its because they broke the gamma barrier and the gamma barrier is a light barrier u have to break to go 30 times the speed of light

I don't have to. All I have to do is point out that we can't travel thirty times the speed of light. And the fact of the matter is the light you use to see is moving at the same speed you are, then you're unable to perceive the reflection of light to process visual data.

So, if you're in college for this stuff, why is it that you're unable to actually represent the concept addressed in a High School physics class correctly?

simple u cant see light in its purest form even if u travel at the same speed as it and another thing astro physics completly bypasses basic physics

Quote:
i would appratiate a apology for eartha oak though because shes got enough in those messages to have u reported for not only stalking her but harrassment as well please leave her alone unless u can account for everyhting u did to her
thank you for ur time

I can and do account for every message.
Reporting someone for responding to you when you invite a reply is an abuse of the report system, so if she does it, she'll likely be punished for it.

And I have nothing to apologize for. She is an unrepentant racist, and you're no better for defending her.

or maybe ur a unreprentant sexist and just because u have a little back up u think im going to give up come on bring everyone into this little arguement come on im bored and i want to really prove u and everyone u know wrong would it help if i said please

and further more i was not asked by somone to do this i felt u were not being fair to everyone

and one more thing find a better aproach for what u do the way i do it is i prove people wrong so badly they will never question me agian and next time pick a fight with someone who can fight back

thank you for ur time and effort have a nice day and if u report me ill report u

I was under the impression that threatening retaliation for reporting was against the forum rules.

Also- can someone explain when I became a Misogynistic Christan Male? I missed a memo somewhere.

koolaid117

yea maybe thats the only way to get attention especially when the world is ageisnt u just because u live
I highly doubt that she has any obvious characteristics that would cause her to stand out.

My suspicion is that her behavior, her racism and her poor attitude compounded with her sense of entitlement make her a target.

Quote:
and here we go pushing believes on to others wow u have a moderater backing u up im impressed i havent seen that before im willing to bet if i looked into it its the same moderater supporting u all the way so then tell me whats the point in fighting something like this well let me tell u what it is its called standing up for urself and helping other people who need it u should know good and well because thats what u claim to be doing
Moderators don't back people. They back positions.

Quote:
she never began to begin with if u hadnt noticed but racism is every where and puting a stop to it will not be easy
You're right. And as long as people like you insist that your racist behavior is justified, there will always be racists. You're one of them. You get to choose to stop, change and treat others properly.

Quote:
one little word gypsy honestly i dont care what race u r everyone diserves a chance to prove that they are in fact good people ill let u know a little secret here were i live its called fresno california look into it but i dont see many white only things but u see alot of hispanic only or african american only schools churches u name it weve got it
Actually, there is a Rroma population in Fresno. A sizable one of that. Fairly traditional as well.

Quote:
but the thing that really bothers me is if u fill out an aplication for work or something else they ask ur race
It's an optional question used for Affirmative Action statistics.

Quote:
why does it matter why does ur race matter honestly
Because people are racist. And the government has decided that it isn't going to allow employers a free pass on using their racism to discriminate against qualified candidates.

Quote:
and another thing why does it say for whites none white hispanic and none hispanic african american now why is it im called by the color of my skin but everyone else gets something that sounds better huh
Mostly because of the structure of White Privilege. If you like, I could link you an article on the matter.

Quote:
if ur goal is trully to rid the world of racism than we should help each other not fight
Problem. You have said yourself you don't want to help me. You want to maintain your racist views.

Quote:
but my goal is also to eleminate sexism as well this entire arguement is over a misunderstanding and i came to ask it of u to back off and find a better way to solve ur problems
What does sexism have to do with this topic?

Quote:
sexism is all for one sex and nothing for the other
I see you really don't understand sexism.

Sexism is about privilege based on gender and sex. Sexism states that there are unearned social privileges programmed into our culture that commonly ensures one gender or sex will be treated one way.

For example, it is a common male privilege to be paid more than a female. A common female privilege is that women are allowed to express emotional loss without it devaluing their gender or sex in others eyes.

Quote:
u remind me a a man i once knew who was so sexist towards wemen that he disowned his own wife and daughter and left them for dead because he didnt get a son
Really? And where did you draw that idea from?

Quote:
so then why isnt she banned huh
My suspicion is that the Moderators work on their own time frame and that they will likely only warn her. Using one racial slur isn't usually enough to get you banned I'm sorry to say.

Quote:
and ohh what a minute didnt u just ask in the last quote what u said to put down wemen ohh look at that only teenage girls huh
I listed it because she was the topic of conversation. If you were talking about a teenage male, I would have issued the specific example for that gender.

Quote:
now not only are u a stalker and harassing someone but now u sound to me like a pedifile and sexist
Then you don't know what a ***** is. Nor have you established that I'm a misogynist.

Quote:
yea she could if she was racist one little word and it dosnt even half to come out the way it sounds its like a perverted person will think another person said something perverted that they didnt mean to say so lets recap here if u think its racist maybe ur too bent on finding racism ur blinded and dont relise what the person really said
Not really. See, in cases like this, what is being demonstrated time and again by you and her alike is that our dislike of a word applied to us as a slur, one that carries the connotation of slavery, abuse, genocide- of being beaten or hunted like animals, is justified by your entitlement.

Entitlement exists. And anyone with any grasp of basic psychology will tell you, innuendo may be innocent on the part of the person making the comment, but the individual hearing it doesn't need to be sexually immoral to misunderstand the context.

This however, isn't about context. She lied. She isn't Rroma.

Quote:
4 im not stupid
I have yet to see this demonstrated to be frank. You don't appear to have the grammar skills appropriate for your age, nor do you have the grasp of the subject you claim to be studying in college that a high school student should have.

Quote:
she asked questions to further illustrate how wrong u are
Actually, she didn't.

Quote:
its called retoricle questioning
Actually, it's called Socratic Rhetoric, or the Socratic Method.

But see, for that to be the case, the questions she issued would have needed to demonstrate a flaw in my position. They didn't.
Quote:

heres one for u if u were being accused of saying something u didnt mean to say cause it didnt come out right arent u going to try anything u know to get the person to understand what u said and that its a misunderstanding
No. I'm going to apologize for the misunderstanding. I'm going to correct my mistake and move forward.

Quote:
umm i cant
Now, be mature and apologize for lying.
Quote:

but i can site u were u said may god have pity on u or somthing like that ill send it to u if u like
Actually, you can't. You can only cite where I said I was leaving it up to God to deal with.

Quote:
first of all what does that have anything
Quote:
Well, see, I'm going to use this claim of yours to demonstrate to the other people who are offended by your sense of entitlement that you are a liar.

Quote:
as for tradition what r u going to disrimanate ageinst me or something as for worshiping a god and blah blah blah there are different kinds a wiccans i worship nature and ohh look there we go puting others down by there religion i didnt question u about ur believes dont ask mine
You aren't of the Wica. You don't know what the Wica are, and you lie about your religion because you want to stand on the shoulders of others in order to make yourself feel more important.

Yes, there are different kinds of Wica, but they all are Lineaged, Orthopraxic, Initiatory, Mystery Cults that center on fertility, not nature.

Quote:
simple its called not majoring in english
How did you pass the SATs with language skills like this? I know I would have been laughed out of the campus if I wrote college papers the way you write.
Quote:

and so what besides ever think maybe i just threw this together off the top of my head and didnt care as long as i got my facts through why does it matter
ohh yea again discriminating ageinst english skills this time

Yep. I have standards when it comes to communication.

Quote:
simple u cant see light in its purest form even if u travel at the same speed as it and another thing astro physics completly bypasses basic physics
rofl None of this is relevant to the horribly flawed statement you made about the properties of traveling at the speed of light.

Quote:
or maybe ur a unreprentant sexist and just because u have a little back up u think im going to give up come on bring everyone into this little arguement come on im bored and i want to really prove u and everyone u know wrong would it help if i said please
You're problem is you aren't able to form a coherent sentence, let alone an argument in support of the validity of the privilege you are so intent on protecting.

Quote:
and further more i was not asked by somone to do this i felt u were not being fair to everyone
I feel that racists have a chance to change. If they reject that, it's on them.
Quote:

and one more thing find a better aproach for what u do the way i do it is i prove people wrong so badly they will never question me agian and next time pick a fight with someone who can fight back
You are aware that you haven't actually proven anything. We call this particular fallacy proof by assertion.

Quote:
thank you for ur time and effort have a nice day and if u report me ill report u
This is actually a threat.

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:00 am
TeaDidikai
Here's the thing. She said no one else is offended by what she said.

I don't think that's true. I think Cu, the lineaged Wica, other Gael, and pretty much everyone who hates racism is at least slightly offended by this kind of bullshit.

Maybe not everyone. But I can't believe I'm the only one. At the same time, it isn't appropriate to "sick" people on her. So I'm left without a way to demonstrate that there are others who are offended.

I'm damn well offended. You can quote me on that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:05 am
I'm offended by her. Not knowing g~ is a slur is no excuse and entitlement to something that is not yours is something that continues to make me feel murderous.

If only I could get people to stop calling me a honky. Lol!  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am
Recursive Paradox
I'm damn well offended. You can quote me on that.
I'm not even sure what to do at this point.

These two (sockpuppets maybe?) are completely unable to have a coherent thought, let alone an intelligent one.

I'm really confused actually. I don't remember encountering people this stupid when I was there age.

Collowrath
I'm offended by her. Not knowing g~ is a slur is no excuse and entitlement to something that is not yours is something that continues to make me feel murderous.

If only I could get people to stop calling me a honky. Lol!
Honky? I can't say I've heard that one in a long time. Racism sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:16 pm
That hurt to "read".

I'm offended. It's one thing to not know. I sure didn't know about the racism and oppression of the Roma before I met Ms. Tea.

But it's entirely another to wave that fact away and continue to say that either 1) she still is Roma and 2) that it's not a stereotype/racist remark and 3) then, bringing in someone else with WORSE writing and grammar skills than her to "fight her fight".

The whole thing is ridiculous. I'm not even sure they know what the hell they're talking about anymore.

Honky is one I'm really not sure where it originated. It just seemed to appear one day to me, I wasn't even aware it was supposed to be an insult for a while. Same with cracker, actually.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:45 pm
Taliah
Honky is one I'm really not sure where it originated. It just seemed to appear one day to me, I wasn't even aware it was supposed to be an insult for a while.
African Americans and Hungarians were the two major groups working in the Chicago Meat Packing industry. The Hungarians (and other central and Eastern Europeans) called their co-workers the N~ word. The African Americans answered their racism with more racism calling the European immigrants Bohunks (short for Bohemian-Hungarian) and the variation of Hunk then Honk and Honky came later.

Quote:
Same with cracker, actually.
A slur that relates to the Plantation Foreman referring to the cracking of the whip over/against African Slaves (edited to add, some other ethnicities as well. I believe there were accounts of Irish Indentured servants being treated just as poorly, but they had more legal recourse. And then of course there were Rroma slaves taken to the Americas as well).  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:45 pm
TeaDidikai

Sometimes the best way to start is by exploring how you feel about it- how it makes you feel to see someone who isn't like you being mistreated for not being like you by someone else.

Thank you for giving me this to spring board from 3nodding .

And the whole PM thing is getting so ridiculous xd . And the second kid, the one in college for astro physics or whatnot, furthers my opinion that so long as you have a pulse and a checkbook, you can get into uni. (to note: I do acknowledge that a good number of uni students bust tail to make good grades and get in...it's the kids like this that make me go xp )

(I can't wait for retrograde to be over)  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:47 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

That explains a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

That explains a lot.

sweatdrop .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

That explains a lot.

sweatdrop .
I kept meaning to check it- and I just hadn't gotten around to it.

Ironically, this past week I have had just about every member of the upper level of management pay me a compliment about how I am being reported for my quality guest service in our email surveys. (I'm still five mentions behind Isakane's record though)  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:24 pm
That makes so much more sense now. Thank you, Tea.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:28 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

That explains a lot.

sweatdrop .
I kept meaning to check it- and I just hadn't gotten around to it.

Ironically, this past week I have had just about every member of the upper level of management pay me a compliment about how I am being reported for my quality guest service in our email surveys. (I'm still five mentions behind Isakane's record though)

I think retrograde started on the 7th. I'm not sure when it ends. Soon, hopefully.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games