Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:18 pm
Well I lost the first battle, can I leave and come back next week to try again?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:52 pm
xxxmamoru
How does deciding on moves a Pokémon would know in the beginning work?

I'm assuming we're going off Serebii for the most part, so say I've got a Slowpoke (Level 5). What moves would it know?

It learns Growl at L5, so it could have that. Would it also be able to have Curse/Yawn/Tackle, since they're all just Level "-" on the site, only have Growl until you level it more, or...? If I've missed an explanation for this somewhere, my bad.

I don't think it's clearly explained, but yes, you can have it learn any four of the moves it knows at that level (in this case, 5) and below, including the "-" ones : )

Shadow - Dragon
So I can't seem to find certain Pokemon, I look up their areas on Serebii but they aren't there. I keep finding Boldore but can't find Roggenrola anywhere. I'm also in Virbank City and it's the only place I've seen Sewaddle so I'm going to be searching here until I get the lucky number or run out of Pokemon posts.

Have you checked Bulbapedia? We have an ongoing project to record where all the pokemon can be found so that people will be able to locate them, and so we can try and get those that might have fallen through the cracks with routes not being included, but it's a long process so we haven't been able to get through it all, especially with everything else. I can try and look for Roggenrola and Sewaddle in a bit, but I believe they can be found in other locations as well (and I think Sewaddle may be a possible Honey Tree pokemon, too)

Koukaze
With the new Halloween event I have two questions, the first one being.

How do we complete the two challenge s?

I read the thread but it seems a tad to confusing for me. What I mean is it says how it works but it doesn't exactly say how you win them.

My second question is simple.

Can you claim event items and megastones for completing week three?

You go in and rp (or state somewhere in your post) which challenge you're deciding on. Then you can begin encountering the pokemon, and battle them. If you win, you move on to the next one, and then the next, and so on ^^ Lemme know if I can try and help explain further, I may be misunderstanding ^^;;

And yes, the final prize would include megastones, or any event item

Shadow - Dragon
Well I lost the first battle, can I leave and come back next week to try again?

You can redo it. You can only complete a challenge once a week, but you can attempt it multiple times.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:22 pm
Loonamist

Good to know, I already walked to the next town so in three posts I'll head back. Basically I was also asking about a certain different Guild's Halloween event that lasted/ kept trainers trapped for several months. Are we free to move around, leave the house, return, travel to another region's house, etc?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm
Loonamist

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!!

Okay... two questions...

Halloween event related. Where do we roll for the trick or treats? In the thread or in rng? Just curious wanting to make sure. Also curious if it's per charrie or just one charrie like always nevermind just read the haunted house thing... haha

Also, say I do the mirror challenge, can I switch pokemon between the battles or is it the same pokemon for the eight pokemon?  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:30 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

Good to know, I already walked to the next town so in three posts I'll head back. Basically I was also asking about a certain different Guild's Halloween event that lasted/ kept trainers trapped for several months. Are we free to move around, leave the house, return, travel to another region's house, etc?

Of course! : ) You can travel all over. You only have to be in the haunted house to roll for the 'trick or treat' item, and to battle the ghost pokemon, but you can come and go otherwise.

shabatha
Loonamist

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!!

Okay... two questions...

Halloween event related. Where do we roll for the trick or treats? In the thread or in rng? Just curious wanting to make sure. Also curious if it's per charrie or just one charrie like always nevermind just read the haunted house thing... haha

Also, say I do the mirror challenge, can I switch pokemon between the battles or is it the same pokemon for the eight pokemon?

Lol okay? xD I assume that clarified that, but let me know if you need anything else answered on it x3

For the mirror challenge, you can switch between battles, but not during a battle : )  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:56 pm
Loonamist
amarzyciel
can a pokemon join a trainer's party of their own volition?
I am trying to force a pokemon on my trainer without him taking active role of catching it.

also can you skip gym?
like skipping cerulean gym and go to challenge celadon gym instead?

You have to challenge the gyms in order, but yes, pokemon can join a trainer's team of their own volition, so long as they've already been earned (ie rolled for and defeated in battle, or gained through a give away or event). You can have them catch themselves, have other pokemon catch them, have them get caught by some strange fluke series of events, etc : ) It's fairly open

aww, there goes my plan to switch region halfway through.
since if william took the train from saffron, he would be in hoenn, mauville, I thought he could challenge gym in city he happens to come across.

it's a rolled one and william did defeat it in battle, and left it alone.
I made the pokemon a bit stubborn to follow him, until he caught it.
I think it will also help with the haunted house, though I can also speed up giving him a murkrow . . .
hmmm . . . it won't be good for him since the murkrow is lv 10 and William will end up depending on it too much in the haunted house.
( my character will hate this event a lot xD )

more question for the haunted house event!
1. only one pokemon can be used? and if said pokemon fainted, challenger lost?
2. what's the challenge one must complete? fight 8 ghost?
from what I gather, challenger moved through the house while fighting ghost (put it to rest) and once all 8 are defeated, they can move on to the next floor?
3. #1: Trick: Licked by a Litwick: Reset a pokemons Exp count ( keeping all currently earned Exp and earning levels accordingly.)
it means if I have a pokemon with exp: 05/40 it will become 05/15?

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:06 pm
amarzyciel
Loonamist
amarzyciel
can a pokemon join a trainer's party of their own volition?
I am trying to force a pokemon on my trainer without him taking active role of catching it.

also can you skip gym?
like skipping cerulean gym and go to challenge celadon gym instead?

You have to challenge the gyms in order, but yes, pokemon can join a trainer's team of their own volition, so long as they've already been earned (ie rolled for and defeated in battle, or gained through a give away or event). You can have them catch themselves, have other pokemon catch them, have them get caught by some strange fluke series of events, etc : ) It's fairly open

since if william took the train from saffron, he would be in hoenn, mauville, I thought he could challenge gym in city he happens to come across.

I think it will also help with the haunted house, though I can also speed up giving him a murkrow . . .
hmmm . . . it won't be good for him since the murkrow is lv 10 and William will end up depending on it too much in the haunted house.

from what I gather, challenger moved through the house while fighting ghost (put it to rest) and once all 8 are defeated, they can move on to the next floor?
3. #1: Trick: Licked by a Litwick: Reset a pokemons Exp count ( keeping all currently earned Exp and earning levels accordingly.)

Then yeah, that would be fine x3 You can have the pokemon catch itself/join his team that way

Lol I think a lot of characters feel that way =w= Should be some interesting reactions, hopefully.

1. Only for the Mirror Challenge. The Normal Challenge you can battle with as many pokemon as you want, but you just have to fight them consecutively. For the mirror challenge, you can only change pokemon between the battles. So if you send out pokemon B against the first pokemon, and pokemon B defeats it, you can then use pokemon A for the next one. But if Pokemon A faints, then you have to restart the challenge.

2. And yes, the 'challenge' is to battle all the ghosts : ) According to the challenge (Normal or Mirror)'s rules. You can really battle them however/wherever you want, it doesn't really prevent you from moving on or around x3

3. Yep! : ) That's how that would work. And if you had, say, 20/40, and got the reset, then it would be come 20/15, and thus the pokemon would gain a level, and it would become 5/16 ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:30 pm
Loonamist
amarzyciel

Then yeah, that would be fine x3 You can have the pokemon catch itself/join his team that way

Lol I think a lot of characters feel that way =w= Should be some interesting reactions, hopefully.

1. Only for the Mirror Challenge. The Normal Challenge you can battle with as many pokemon as you want, but you just have to fight them consecutively. For the mirror challenge, you can only change pokemon between the battles. So if you send out pokemon B against the first pokemon, and pokemon B defeats it, you can then use pokemon A for the next one. But if Pokemon A faints, then you have to restart the challenge.

2. And yes, the 'challenge' is to battle all the ghosts : ) According to the challenge (Normal or Mirror)'s rules. You can really battle them however/wherever you want, it doesn't really prevent you from moving on or around x3

3. Yep! : ) That's how that would work. And if you had, say, 20/40, and got the reset, then it would be come 20/15, and thus the pokemon would gain a level, and it would become 5/16 ^^

it will bring out his less than commendable side oWo
nervousness and high-strung will bring out misjudgement.
A lot of mistake, a lot of trouble, and it will test his ability as trainer.
to top it off, a ghost magnet because ghost would love to prank him once they knew how he reacted.
(hey, there's this fun human to tease)
fun stuff to write . . . *evil laugh*

1. consecutive . . . all post will be battle post then in normal until the challenge's done (as in a row battle)?
2. eeh? . . . so consecutive doesn't really mean consecutive in my definition? confused???
3. can you catch the ghost?  

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:33 pm
Loonamist

Koukaze

I read the thread but it seems a tad to confusing for me. What I mean is it says how it works but it doesn't exactly say how you win them.

You go in and rp (or state somewhere in your post) which challenge you're deciding on. Then you can begin encountering the pokemon, and battle them. If you win, you move on to the next one, and then the next, and so on ^^ Lemme know if I can try and help explain further, I may be misunderstanding ^^;;

So do we only have to beat one Pokemon to win both? Lol sorry I guess that's what I'm asking  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 pm
amarzyciel
Loonamist
amarzyciel

it will bring out his less than commendable side oWo
nervousness and high-strung will bring out misjudgement.
A lot of mistake, a lot of trouble, and it will test his ability as trainer.
to top it off, a ghost magnet because ghost would love to prank him once they knew how he reacted.
(hey, there's this fun human to tease)
fun stuff to write . . . *evil laugh*

1. consecutive . . . all post will be battle post then in normal until the challenge's done (as in a row battle)?
2. eeh? . . . so consecutive doesn't really mean consecutive in my definition? confused???
3. can you catch the ghost?

Lol I'm glad it's giving you so much to work with! x3

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... Consecutive simply means you must battle one after the other, which is the case with Normal Challenge. You get a break after the 5th one, where you can heal your pokemon, but, if you're doing the normal challenge, you can't simply 'go heal your pokemon' at any other point (ie between any battles other than between the 5th and 6th pokemon). The Mirror Challenge works differently, and does allow you to heal pokemon between battles (you just can't switch during a battle).
However, as far as rping your character and moving them around between floors and such, as you mentioned, the ghosts are not obstructing you from doing that.
And no, these pokemon cannot be caught (the point of the challenge is to help the spirits 'move on', so to speak), but there is the Paper Lantern, which can be posted for and used to obtain several ghost pokemon.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 pm
Koukaze
Loonamist

Koukaze

So do we only have to beat one Pokemon to win both? Lol sorry I guess that's what I'm asking

Ah, no, you have to defeat all 8 pokemon in either the Mirror Challenge or the Normal Challenge to get the prize.

Lol clearly I need to go over things tomorrow and try to clarify this, or make an FAQ xD I had a feeling this might happen, but at least the questions give us good direction on what needs to be clarified.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:18 pm
Loonamist

Lol I'm glad it's giving you so much to work with! x3

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... Consecutive simply means you must battle one after the other, which is the case with Normal Challenge. You get a break after the 5th one, where you can heal your pokemon, but, if you're doing the normal challenge, you can't simply 'go heal your pokemon' at any other point (ie between any battles other than between the 5th and 6th pokemon). The Mirror Challenge works differently, and does allow you to heal pokemon between battles (you just can't switch during a battle).
However, as far as rping your character and moving them around between floors and such, as you mentioned, the ghosts are not obstructing you from doing that.
And no, these pokemon cannot be caught (the point of the challenge is to help the spirits 'move on', so to speak), but there is the Paper Lantern, which can be posted for and used to obtain several ghost pokemon.

the problem is the word "consecutive"
consecutive (adj)
following one another in uninterrupted succession or order; successive:
six consecutive numbers, such as 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

so if normal challenge is consecutive battle, it be like this:

Normal challenge:
"A" encountered a litwick lv 15, he released an absol, he emerged victorious, but the battle did not stop as there's more to come, a jellicent lv 20 showed up next, "A" returned absol and sent out a manegtric, they won again and another ghost showed up , and another and another, until "A" defeated 5 pokemon in that one room.
("A" can now have a break, move somewhere, rp some story, before "A" start another 5 chain encounter?)
or
"A" managed to heal his pokemon before more pokemon showed up inside the room, the battle resumed (does it caps at 8 or it's unlimited amount of battle allowed?)
- consecutive encounter
- progressive lv, opponent +5 every encounter.
- can only heal every 5 battles.
- switching in the middle of battle is allowed.
- 8 battles a week.(?)

Mirror challenges:
"A" entered the haunted house, he saw a walking candle that turned out to be a litwick lv 10. He sent out his absol to take care of it, he won, so he moved on to check rooms that lined the corridor, it was locked. "A" heard a sound of battle within, so he decided to make his pokemon break the door. Another pokemon showed up to challenge him, a jellicent lv 10, was keeping the door locked, after it was beaten, "A" could enter the room to find person "B" finishing his battle. "A" and "B" have a chat and decided to team up. (is that even allowed?)
- encounter anywhere, anytime at your convenience.
- opponent the same lv as pokemon you use.
- may use different pokemon every battle.unable to switch once pokemon is chosen, if it faints, you lose.
- heals anytime after battle.
- 8 battles a week.

------------------------
I think what you actually meant between the 2 mode difference is the lv of pokemon,healing frequency, and switching rules. NOT including the way the ghost is encountered (consecutive vs whenever you want), right? sweatdrop
------------------------

1. if you lose, does that means you can no longer challenge? or do you have to wait for next week?
("A" was booted out of the mansion, the psychic lady told "A" have angered the dead and it's not wise to attempt again until the dead calmed down. It will take roughly a week before "A" may enter again)

2. Teaming up with other player. not sure if it's possible or even how that can work . . .

------------------------

sorry, the question keep on coming >.<  

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:54 pm
how about adding the detail/stat info for easy copy/paste?

I made them

**there might be mistake . . .

Litwick │"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Infiltrator: Ignores Light Screen, Reflect, Mist, and Safeguard
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Will-O-Wisp: Burns opponent
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Curse: Ghosts lose half max HP and curses opponent. Cursed pokemon lose 1/16 max HP per turn. Non-ghosts pokemon raise physical attack & defense one stage, then lower speed one stage.
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Hex: 65: Inflicts double damage if target has a status affliction
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] Flame Charge: 50: raise user's speed one stage

Jellicent │"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cursed Body: Has a 3/10 chance of Disabling any physical move that hits the Pokémon
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Magic Coat: Reflects status condition afflicting moves back at the opponent (Priority +4)
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] Wring Out: Does damage depending on how much HP the opponent has.
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Scald: 80: 7/10 Chance of Burn
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Giga Drain: 75: Restores HP to the user equal to 1/2 of damage dealt.

Cofagrius │"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mummy: Contact with this Pokémon spreads this Ability
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] Knock Off: 65: Removes targets held Item for the rest of the battle. Increase power by 1.3 if removing an item this way. The item cannot be recovered with Recycle or harvest. Can not remove legendary items, or mega stones. If the target has the Sticky Hold ability, the damage will be increased, but the opponent will not lose the hold item.
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Disable: Disables last move used by target pokemon for 4 turns
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Shadow Ball: 80: 8/10 Chance to Lower targets special defense One Stage
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Dark Pulse: 80: 3/10 Chance to Flinch target

Banette │"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cursed Body: Has a 3/10 chance of Disabling any physical move that hits the Pokémon
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Screech: Lower targets defense two stages
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] Knock Off: 65: Removes targets held Item for the rest of the battle. Increase power by 1.3 if removing an item this way. The item cannot be recovered with Recycle or harvest. Can not remove legendary items, or mega stones. If the target has the Sticky Hold ability, the damage will be increased, but the opponent will not lose the hold item.
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] Shadow Claw: 70: 1/10 Chance to critically hit
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] ç•Headbutt: 70: 4/10 Chance to Flinch target

Gengar │"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Levitate: Levitate renders the user immune to Ground-type moves (except Sand Attack), Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Misty Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Electric Terrain, Arena Trap, and damage from Sky Drop. These immunities can be lost if the user is holding an Iron Ball, is under the effects of Smack Down, Gravity, or Ingrain or if the opponent has Mold Breaker, Teravolt, or Turboblaze.
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Torment: Target cannot use the same move In a row
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] [~] Perish Song: All pokemon that hear this song, faints in three turns, user included
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Shadow Ball: 80: 8/10 Chance to Lower targets special defense One Stage
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Psychic: 90: 1/2 chance to lower targets special defense one stage

Duskull │"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Levitate: Levitate renders the user immune to Ground-type moves (except Sand Attack), Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Misty Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Electric Terrain, Arena Trap, and damage from Sky Drop. These immunities can be lost if the user is holding an Iron Ball, is under the effects of Smack Down, Gravity, or Ingrain or if the opponent has Mold Breaker, Teravolt, or Turboblaze.
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Toxic: Badly Poisons Opponent
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Confuse Ray: Confuses target pokemon
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Hex: 65: Inflicts double damage if target has a status affliction
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Future Sight: 120: Damage occurs 2 turns later

Froslass │Female│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Snow Cloak: This Pokémon's Evasion Rises by one stage in a Hailstorm
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [~] Hail: Changes the weather to Hail for 5 Rounds
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Fake Tears: Lower targets special defense two stages
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Double Team: Raise evasiveness one stage
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [P] Draining Kiss: 50: Restores HP to the user equal to 3/4 of damage dealt.

pumpkaboo│"gender"│ Lv. X │Hp: XX/XX User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Insomnia: The Pokémon cannot fall asleep while having this ability
moveset:
[Turn#1] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Worry Seed: Protects against sleep for five turns
[Turn#2] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ST] Trick: Swaps held Items with target
[Evens] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Energy Ball: 90: 1/2 chance of lowering targets special defense one stage
[Odds] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [SP] Sludge Bomb: 90: 7/10 Chance to Poison

Legends:
[ST] - status move
[SP] - special attack
[P] - physical attack
[P*] - physical attack made no contact
[~] - multi-target

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:00 pm
amarzyciel

Hello there! Since Loon went to bed I shall be taking over and answer the few questions I can to the best of my ability. If anything is wrong, however, I'm sure Loon will correct me/give you the right information in the morning.

As for consecutive battles I, unfortunately, cannot answer that. sweatdrop Very sorry about that. But for part of the section I can tell you that the number of pokemon appear are only 8, so after you defeat all 8 of the pokemon (information can be found here just in case) that means the challenge has been completed for the week. Now you can try the second challenge and battle the 8 pokemon all over again, but you don't win any items and only receive exp.

Edit: SpectralEternity will actually be answering your questions about the battle. 3nodding

1. If you lose you can try the challenge again and as many times you need within the span of that one week, you don't need to wait for the next week.
2. I don't believe you can team up with another player, each person has to battle their own 8 ghosts with their own pokemon.

I hope that helped clarify a few things!  

Misguided Royalty

Generous Millionaire

8,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 pm
amarzyciel

the problem is the word "consecutive"
consecutive (adj)
following one another in uninterrupted succession or order; successive:
six consecutive numbers, such as 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

so if normal challenge is consecutive battle, it be like this:

Normal challenge:
"A" encountered a litwick lv 15, he released an absol, he emerged victorious, but the battle did not stop as there's more to come, a jellicent lv 20 showed up next, "A" returned absol and sent out a manegtric, they won again and another ghost showed up , and another and another, until "A" defeated 5 pokemon in that one room.
("A" can now have a break, move somewhere, rp some story, before "A" start another 5 chain encounter?)
or
"A" managed to heal his pokemon before more pokemon showed up inside the room, the battle resumed (does it caps at 8 or it's unlimited amount of battle allowed?)
- consecutive encounter
- progressive lv, opponent +5 every encounter.
- can only heal every 5 battles.
- switching in the middle of battle is allowed.
- 8 battles a week.(?)

Mirror challenges:
"A" entered the haunted house, he saw a walking candle that turned out to be a litwick lv 10. He sent out his absol to take care of it, he won, so he moved on to check rooms that lined the corridor, it was locked. "A" heard a sound of battle within, so he decided to make his pokemon break the door. Another pokemon showed up to challenge him, a jellicent lv 10, was keeping the door locked, after it was beaten, "A" could enter the room to find person "B" finishing his battle. "A" and "B" have a chat and decided to team up. (is that even allowed?)
- encounter anywhere, anytime at your convenience.
- opponent the same lv as pokemon you use.
- may use different pokemon every battle.unable to switch once pokemon is chosen, if it faints, you lose.
- heals anytime after battle.
- 8 battles a week.

------------------------
I think what you actually meant between the 2 mode difference is the lv of pokemon,healing frequency, and switching rules. NOT including the way the ghost is encountered (consecutive vs whenever you want), right? sweatdrop
------------------------

1. if you lose, does that means you can no longer challenge? or do you have to wait for next week?
("A" was booted out of the mansion, the psychic lady told "A" have angered the dead and it's not wise to attempt again until the dead calmed down. It will take roughly a week before "A" may enter again)

2. Teaming up with other player. not sure if it's possible or even how that can work . . .

------------------------

sorry, the question keep on coming >.<

Heya! Yeah, Loon's tagged me and Misguided in for the questions concerning the Halloween event because she needs her beauty sleep. I, on the other hand, am a vampire and never sleep, so I'm on the night shift > w>

For the normal battle challenge, the first hypothetical battle in the haunted houses that you listed is closer to the correct idea, but allow me to clarify a bit. We say consecutively, because even though you are allowed a "break" after the first five pokemon, you can't leave and run off somewhere else otherwise you forfeit the match, because you still have another three ghosts to defeat in order to win the challenge, not five more, since there's only eight ghosts >w< It wouldn't go on and on forever, otherwise you wouldn't be able to complete the challenge.

You also wouldn't be able to heal your pokemon in between ghost appearances, hence what we meant by consecutive. Think of it more along the lines of fighting an NPC trainer. After you defeat one ghost, the next one comes out. You could still heal your pokemon, but it would cost you a turn. Of course, the exception to that rule is after defeating 5 ghosts, when you would be given a break. The goal of both challenges is to defeat all 8 ghosts. You can try as many times as you'd like, but once you've completed a challenge by defeating all 8 ghosts, you can't do that challenge any more for the rest of the week.

As for the mirror challenge, you've got it about right. Misguided is right though, you can't "team up" per se. You can get with someone and each do your battles side by side, for instance person A does their challenge while person B takes care of their challenge, they do them at the same time but the battles are separate from each other. You can't turn it into a tag team double battle.

Yes, those are essentially the main differences between the two modes.

If you lose, you just have to start all over. You can keep challenging it as many times as it takes for you to win.

Also we will be editing the event tomorrow to try and clarify a few things. I can edit the ghosts today to provide the base damage for the attacks and information on the moves and abilities so people aren't having to look them all up. Thank you c:  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games