Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 pm
mill glitch
Hello everyone~ My name is Mill Glitch and I joined this guild in the hopes trying to get Gaia back to the fun and caring place it used to be.

I joined back in 2008 I think? And mostly used to hang out in the marketplace and the holiday event forums. Since I've been back however I have mostly spent my time in the SF forums in the hopes of getting answers to the destruction of this site.

Love Miyuki Snow
Hello! I'm Miyuki.
I've been on Gaia on and off since '06. The better part of my high school career was spent on this website. I recently checked-in somewhere between Sept '13 and Feb '14 and was shocked by the inflation then. I got back on a few days ago and was horrified.
I honestly don't know what to think...and even though I haven't been a participating member for a while, I wanna do what I can to make it fair for everyone.

Hello! Welcome to our lovely home heart
You will find a pretty cool mix of people around here and you are welcome to start up any suggestions, ideas, games, shop, glow threads, quests or sales here. We got all kinds of stuff available to you and you are sure to find someone who is generous enough to help you catch up with the inflation around here.

Be sure to check out our handbook, loaded with things you need to know wink  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:11 pm
Hi everyone, I'm Moth Dust.

I joined Gaia in '04. Upon first discovering this site and becoming active within it, I remember feeling a real sense of community; I enjoyed spending time here and loved getting to know people, and made quite a few friends in the process. As I was a very young person when I first joined, and I spent pretty much my entire time in highschool active on it, it made a real impact on me in a very positive way. Fast forward to the past few years, and the culture of Gaia has changed dramatically. No longer is it a little community of friends, no longer are items precious and most certainly no longer is 5000 gold a decent chunk of virtual cash. (I remember my first "big" item that felt like a real piece of status: a Were Tail! I got it for around 12k I think, I saved forever! I still have it. heart )
All of that said, I miss the old Gaia. I feel like Gaia Cash has not only ruined the entire economy, but made the entire community bloated with items. No item is of real "status" anymore; even OMG's and Mini Wings have been released in new colors. Makes me so sad; totally decreases the sentimentality behind the original items. Of course, the gluttony of it all isn't my only source of sadness, I mainly just miss the community feel of Gaia. Now it's essentially a huge cash cow.
Anyway, sorry to ramble. To summarize: I want the old Gaia back. While that may be out of the question, I would at least like to try to get it back on a decent track. Happy to be here! 3nodding

Moth Dust

Tipsy Genius

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Squash Smasher 50

DragonofHeaven

Daring Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 am
Hello everyone!

I'm DragonofHeaven, otherwise know as Fina. I have been an active member of Gaia since '05. Usually I am in the Barton forums to rp, but lately I have been lurking more in the Site feedback forums to look for answers. I have been so frustrated with the current state of Gaia that I am honestly relieved to find that I'm not the only one.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:40 am
Moth Dust
Hi everyone, I'm Moth Dust.

I joined Gaia in '04. Upon first discovering this site and becoming active within it, I remember feeling a real sense of community; I enjoyed spending time here and loved getting to know people, and made quite a few friends in the process. As I was a very young person when I first joined, and I spent pretty much my entire time in highschool active on it, it made a real impact on me in a very positive way. Fast forward to the past few years, and the culture of Gaia has changed dramatically. No longer is it a little community of friends, no longer are items precious and most certainly no longer is 5000 gold a decent chunk of virtual cash. (I remember my first "big" item that felt like a real piece of status: a Were Tail! I got it for around 12k I think, I saved forever! I still have it. heart )
All of that said, I miss the old Gaia. I feel like Gaia Cash has not only ruined the entire economy, but made the entire community bloated with items. No item is of real "status" anymore; even OMG's and Mini Wings have been released in new colors. Makes me so sad; totally decreases the sentimentality behind the original items. Of course, the gluttony of it all isn't my only source of sadness, I mainly just miss the community feel of Gaia. Now it's essentially a huge cash cow.
Anyway, sorry to ramble. To summarize: I want the old Gaia back. While that may be out of the question, I would at least like to try to get it back on a decent track. Happy to be here! 3nodding

Hi Moth Dust! I love your avi, and I love that you shared your Gaia story with us.

I've only been here since 2007, but I, too, remember everything you've mentioned. My first quest was for Fairy Wings, and I still have mine too! But my oh my, how things have changed. You're so right about how items have lost all of their true meaning. I know Pwnder especially shares that sentiment, as she's parted with most all of the items she once held near and dear to her heart. That's so sad on so many levels.

One thing that hasn't changed here with this guild, however, is the true sense of community; especially where guilds are concerned. Good, bad or indifferent, we're a family here, and R:G really is a wonderful place to be. There is literally something for everyone.

If you have time, please check out the Member Handbook. It sure helped me a lot!

I know that I speak for many when I say that we're glad you're here with us. Welcome!! emotion_hug  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:44 am
DragonofHeaven
Hello everyone!

I'm DragonofHeaven, otherwise know as Fina. I have been an active member of Gaia since '05. Usually I am in the Barton forums to rp, but lately I have been lurking more in the Site feedback forums to look for answers. I have been so frustrated with the current state of Gaia that I am honestly relieved to find that I'm not the only one.

Hi Fina!

I just wanted to say hi and offer a humble welcome to the guild! Like yourself and so many others, we've all been frustrated along the way with Gaia on many different levels, but you can rest assured with those here in R:G that you are most definitely not the only one. We're all hopeful for change, and we're quite active in doing all we can to help move the process along.

If you have a moment, check out the R:G Member Handbook. It's got a lot of great and very useful information.

It's very nice to meet you, and I know I speak for many when I say that we're glad you're here. Welcome!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:03 pm
Hi been on Gaia since 2004. Used to play ZOMG every day but well that's gone now. Stopped buying gaia cash a little over a year ago and don't plan on going back any time soon. Looking for something to do on Gaia I ended up joining this guild. All of my friends have quit Gaia one after the other. It sucks, this place used to be like a second home, it's like going to the house you grew up in and find it abandoned and destroyed.  

l Nari l

Beloved Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm
l Nari l
Hi been on Gaia since 2004. Used to play ZOMG every day but well that's gone now. Stopped buying gaia cash a little over a year ago and don't plan on going back any time soon. Looking for something to do on Gaia I ended up joining this guild. All of my friends have quit Gaia one after the other. It sucks, this place used to be like a second home, it's like going to the house you grew up in and find it abandoned and destroyed.

Hi Nari, it's so nice to meet you.

While I'm happy to have you here with us, your post really struck a chord with me and it brought to light the same sadness I've felt for a while now. Pretty much all of my friends have left Gaia, including the ones that invited me here in the first place. Though I've only been here since 2007, it's still been several years of memories and special times that I've spent on Gaia with those that were/are special to me. Yet, most all of them are gone now.

Like yourself, Gaia was once my second home, and I feel very much the same as you. Until I found this guild, I was completely disheartened, and I still feel that way from time to time, but here, I've found some new friends, and Revolution: Gaia has become a major part of my Gaia family.

I'm glad that you decided to join, and I'm even happier to see you post. I hope that you will spend some time with us, spend some time engaging in conversation/observations/banter and fun with others, and I really think you'll come to find the same haven I did right here amongst friends.

There really is something for everyone here, and I know I speak for many others when I say that I'm glad you're here with us. Welcome!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:22 pm
I feel a little like I'm in some kind of "___ anonymous" group here, since we've all been jaded by the changes in Gaiaonline over the years. I joined in '04 with a couple of different accounts (my alt, an older account, even has a space in its name, which used to be difficult to do! I've always been proud of that).

I remember questing for fairy wings through an rp thread. If I look under my subscribed threads, it's still there. I remember when you still had to navigate via the town, where the shops were all embedded on the map (I miss that).

I also remember how everyone was really about gaia when I was younger. People made evolving pets for signatures, or art, or poems that all served to get gold for the few collectible items that were out of reach for most of us. I miss the fact that 90% of items were bought in the normal shops, and I miss waiting to see which shop was going to update next (it's sad that only a page or so of new product has been added to each gold shop, while the number of cash items has outstripped even tektek's ability to keep up).

I guess I'm just hoping to help us get back to being involved with gaia, and I'm hoping to find some people who remember what it was and want to hang out the old school gaia way.

-Coadi

Coadi~Shima

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 am
Coadi~Shima
I feel a little like I'm in some kind of "___ anonymous" group here, since we've all been jaded by the changes in Gaiaonline over the years. I joined in '04 with a couple of different accounts (my alt, an older account, even has a space in its name, which used to be difficult to do! I've always been proud of that).

I remember questing for fairy wings through an rp thread. If I look under my subscribed threads, it's still there. I remember when you still had to navigate via the town, where the shops were all embedded on the map (I miss that).

I also remember how everyone was really about gaia when I was younger. People made evolving pets for signatures, or art, or poems that all served to get gold for the few collectible items that were out of reach for most of us. I miss the fact that 90% of items were bought in the normal shops, and I miss waiting to see which shop was going to update next (it's sad that only a page or so of new product has been added to each gold shop, while the number of cash items has outstripped even tektek's ability to keep up).

I guess I'm just hoping to help us get back to being involved with gaia, and I'm hoping to find some people who remember what it was and want to hang out the old school gaia way.

-Coadi

You are a form a Gaia time way before my days. I am a early 2007 joiner. I know little about these days of Gaia. But I too have seen it change and shape into what it is now. Though I experienced the Gaia you speak of for a brief span I to miss it and find the new Gaia sad.
Any who I am Izzy. And I welcome you to guild. Make yourself at home. Feel free to speak your mind and give any ideas or things you may have <3 and Be sure to check out the member handbook to learn the rules and such <3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:28 am
Hello, I am Hot Pisces Princess or HPP for short! I have been here since 08!
I have pritty much been playing every day missing maybe a month or two over the past few years. I am one of the older players as it was my daughter that brought me to Gaia and I have always loved it. I don't do art but am surrounded by it as we own a tattoo shop and I love my tattoos. I came mostly for ZOMG and now after putting up with the inflation and all, now they take the awesome gameing away as well and I am so fed up with the whole thing! They keep flooding my page with cash sales and new items and I am just sick of it all and when the money stops flowing in they will drop us like hotcakes! I am glad to see I am not the only one upset with this!  

Hot Pisces Princess

Smooth Operator

27,500 Points
  • Big Blind 150
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Small Blind 100

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:11 pm
Welcome everyone!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 pm
so... Hey. Thanks for accepting me, I'm a little surprised you did, given my use of recently released Cash Shop items. I'm a newbie, been on here for a little more than a month, and I'm getting sick of the Cash ad bombardment.  

Gerald the Lord of Naught

Timid Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Marathon 300

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:09 am
anonemuss982
so... Hey. Thanks for accepting me, I'm a little surprised you did, given my use of recently released Cash Shop items. I'm a newbie, been on here for a little more than a month, and I'm getting sick of the Cash ad bombardment.

Well hello there <3 We generally don't go buy items you wear. As long as you want to fight the cause. A lot of us have recent cash shop items because we buy them off the mp or are given them as gifts. Its sad that you point that out that you are a new user at a month is already sick of things. Gaia doesn't seem to understand how this affects their user. Use Handbook Here are the rules and such <3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:09 pm
Hello, all. I've technically been in the guild for about a month now, but haven't done much as of yet. Being depressed for 11 months makes it hard enough to keep logging on, let alone actually doing anything of import. I am for the cause, though; I've been on since 2007 (with a hiatus or two in between) and remember when having millions of gold was big-time money, now I'm scraping to get anywhere past 1B to afford anything on the stinking site. Glad to know the gold shops haven't changed much, though.
Anyhow, I'm making an effort to be more active, both in the guild and on the site in general. This guild seems pretty awesome, and I look forward to being part of the community.  

Clevr

Invisible Bookworm

8,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100

Feevil

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:27 am
Hi, don't know if I posted here before but felt I should. I joined in October 2008 to play zOMG! and found a fun community and it was exciting to save up money for items, I made friends along the way, playing Booty Grab was awesome, holiday events to look forward to and enjoy, etc, and I didn't mind supporting the site with GC but after months of deliberation w/ myself, I finally quit in June 2014 after almost six years because I couldn't stand what Gaia had become, just throwing cash offers in our faces CONSTANTLY and the over-inflation made it not fun anymore.

I guess I'm repeating the same thing everyone else said and I may never see any replies to this message (if there are any) because who knows when I'll jump on here again, but I had to get it off my chest. I decided to stop in after 6 or 7 months just to see if things were the same and unfortunately, they are because I got some Heart Charm thing and it goes for 27 MILLION GOLD in the MP right now! That's ridiculous.

I have some nice nostalgia from the old days and I'm sorry they're gone. I wish you all success in having management hear you and change things but I've lost hope and it took a lot; I actually cried over my decision to leave last year and that surprised me. And then it pissed me off that management has no freaking clue that they can do that to someone. scream sad  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games