Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:57 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Chaser
Currently: XXXX

Posts to Goal: XXX/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin strolled on the field holding his new broom happily on his shoulder which was way better than his father's old model. Granted he had to actually start having a halfway decent attendance record for his parents to even consider the expense but whatever. Showing up to a couple extra classes didn't kill him. Smirking as he took the form from the Vice Captain he scribbled down his details and joked to no one in particular, "I know, I know, you guys totally were worried I wasn't going to show up."

Username: mc2
Character's Name: Seymour Benjamin Ryans
House: Slytherin
Year: 3rd
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: currently enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Hold the Line, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Keeper?
Second Choice Position: Chaser

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 pm
User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

Camila paused to adjust her broom, rolled the wood off her shoulder to position the bristled tail down onto the ground to lean her weight against it. Every so often, she would glance over her shoulder to veer her gaze toward the gate at the slightest sound. She hoped, if nothing else, the rest of their team would show. It seemed every year the list of players was getting smaller and smaller. ”Aww, you too?” She couldn't help but pout. Her brow quirked at the notion of her youngest sibling having been sorted this year and blinked in surprise. ”Oh, wow, so that's... three Mitchell's, now, right?” She had to stop and think about that, but even then she wasn't really sure. Still, Camila knew more about that ordeal than she would ever let on, having six different siblings (and nearly all of them adopted, or fostered,) certainly made a house even smaller. ”Ravenclaw's a good house, though. I'm sure she'll do well.”

”Oh, nothing really, my summer was dreadfully boring, the only highlight was when one of the prophet owls flew into our closed kitchen window and went splat on the floor. Needless to say our issue that week had to go in the rubbish. I think the owl ate it on purpose after that.” Of course, what she failed to mention was whose brilliant idea it was to clean the kitchen windows so pristinely. Well, it was Axel's, actually, but Camila was the only one with the galls to try it on the poor elderly bird. ”Sooo, I see you've been spending a lot of time with that Cherri boy from Ravenclaw—are you two a thing?” Honestly, she was surprised she held out this for this long without asking, but dammit, she needed some gossip and drama in her life after how boring her summer had been. When she finally noticed Benjamin trot forward showcasing his new broom, she tried to crane her neck to catch the brand but even squinting, she couldn't really see. She tried to divert her gaze away before he caught her staring, she didn't want to hear him and his presumptions, at least not until Mira finally answered her question (if she answers, anyway.)

[OOC://xXxXx]
╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Fourth Year┈━═
AC: 17
HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+7 stealing/shooting) (+7 flying)
(0/3)

╚════════════════════╝

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:27 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

Mira nodded to the older girl. Why were summers so boring and yet you always wanted them to come? When Camila looked surprised at the number of Mitchell girls attending the school Mira nodded. “Yes, myself and my two sisters.” She replied. “Oh, I’m not worried about her. Honestly I can’t stand my younger sister. However… she’ll definitely fit right in.” she added knowing the first part wasn’t the nicest but she really didn’t care. It was just the part of her that was Slytherin shining through.

“I’m sure the owl didn’t like you guy’s for that.” Mira said with a smile just envisioning the owl hitting the window. Seeing Benjamin the third year rolled her eyes. ‘He’s got to be so dramatic…’ she thought before quickly looking back to Camila. As soon as the conversation turned to being about her and Timothy, Mira’s cheeks flushed. Looking down at the ground before looking back up at her housemate, Mira didn’t know what to say. They weren’t dating, they were just friends but the blond did hang out with him during the summer. Thought that wasn’t a date just a chance meeting. Why was being a teenager so complicated?

“No, we’re not a thing.” Mira told her glancing to Benjamin hoping he hadn’t heard them. “We’re just friends… I guess…” she added still rather flushed in the cheeks. That was all it was, a friendship that started off on the wrong foot but developed into something more. If only Benjamin would understand that.

User Image

With: other Slytherins... Camila

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC:
Aimed at --- Total Roll: ---
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 Hitting, +4 Shooting, +4 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:55 pm
          User Image

LOUIS . MAURICIO. ADDARIO

Second . Year ,. Slytherin
9" hazel,. unicorn. tail. hair, . rigid

___ Louie trotted quickly through the fields between the castle and the quidditch stadium, his heavy feet beaten down the same over trodden path as thousands of students before him. The sun was still high, and he wasn't late (or lost), like he had been last year. Several students were gathered, but the only one he really recognized was his fellow second year, Evander, and even then, he's hardly spoken a word to the fellow pureblood. Maybe today that would change...maybe. He strolled in line for a form, bent over quickly with a borrowed quill to fill it out hastily before turning it in. Louie had to turn to borrow a broom, since he still didn't own one for himself, before claiming his own patch of grass to loiter in until the try outs began.

Username: The Beast and Harlot
Character's Name: Louis Addario
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Chaser

Quote:

The Beast and Harlot

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny stepped onto the pitch, his long legs moving quickly to get over to Ashley and grab a form. The other fifth year just looked at him and gave a snort, which Kenny simply ignored. Ashley was pretty aware he was a muggleborn, he just didn't bother letting it bother him too much. He nodded to the other players, already seeing that there were several new faces. Lillantine, Bannister, Addario, all of them were new faces to the seeker for the team. Well, if they played well enough, then he didn't see an issue. Not unless they decided that he was worthless due to blood. He filled out his form and started stretching, knowing that as soon as he was up in the air, he would be challenged. At least one student here had to apply to be seeker. Who, he didn't know.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Kenneth Lowery
                                                  Year: Fifth
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Duh
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Double duh
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                  Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes and Great Catch
                                                  First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                  Second Choice Position: ...Still seeker

Modifiers: +7 for spotting, +7 for catching
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes and Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [☑] [☑] [☑]
                                                  Final Roll: --
                                                  -/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Wow, new people on the team...
                                                  OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:58 pm
User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

”Ugh,” she rolled her head back with a groan, a soft sigh whistled lightly through her pursed lips. ”I know how that is,” the slightest groan echoed in her throat while her mind danced between the visions of memory. Camila hated being in her family; jealous of the 'only child's', and lying about her siblings as much as possible to try and fit in as another typical Slytherin. She was brought back from the reality of her thoughts when Mira commented on her earlier story. ”The owl was livid, never saw that same one again, actually. Probably refused.”

When Mira's cheeks flushed, Camila's posture straightened, her ears pricked up and eyes brightened at the prospect of finally, something interesting. She could tell her blonde friend was bothered by the question, she couldn't her gaze steady, and instead kept shifting down to the grass growing beneath them. ”M'kaay,” she smiled knowingly, but nodded earnestly all the same. ”He seems nice, is all.” She shrugged her shoulders, and against her better judgment, didn't press the issue for more details. It was none of her business anyway, (as if that ever stopped her,) but she knew when and where to have private a conversation, and this certainly wasn't one of them. And just when she thought she was done, ”...You two would make such a cute couple though.” Dammit, she just couldn't help herself.

[OOC://xXxXx]
╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Fourth Year┈━═
HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+7 stealing/shooting) (+7 flying)
(0/3)

╚════════════════════╝

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:36 pm
𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Seventeen Years Old
Seventh Year, Captain

User Image

Dmitri puckered his bottom lip between two fingers and inhaled sharply, a loud, high pitched whistle pierced through the chatter to command total attention. He waved the players over into a closer circle, he didn't want to shout if he didn't have to. It had, of course, taken him a few moments of deliberation to shuffle through the sign in sheets offered to both him and Yaxley, and then another moment of consultation to establish the best way to set about try outs for this year. ”We'll be doing things a bit differently this year because of our small numbers, but like always, we'll only be using half of the pitch,” he nodded slowly. ”For this first skirmish, there will not be any seekers. I want to see how well each of you can cooperate with one another. Then for the second skirmish, I'll separate the seekers to try their hand, and the rest of us will have to continue as best we can.

“For the first skirmish, the green team chasers are: Ashley, Devonte, and Louis. Your beater is Mira. For the silver team, your chasers are Camila, Kenneth, and Evander. I'll be the beater. And Benjamin, you'll be playing as the only keeper. That means, after every goal attempt, each team will start back at midfield, then proceed to the goals as usual. Does everyone understand? Good. Because first and foremost, if you haven't done it already, stretch, because you'll run one lap around the field first, then fly a lap, before getting into your positions on the field.... I'll release the quaffle and bludgers when everyone is in place.”

☭☭☭
        Silver Beater
        AC: 19
        (+7 to hit) (+9 to dodge)
        Great Catch, Hold the Line, Deft Dodger, Quidditch MTA
        Total Roll: --

Quidditch Uniform 5’9” and 172lbs
//OOC:// Please! Keep in mind that the try-outs run on a separate timeline as the rest of the guild. This means that first year students have already taken their first lesson of flying and understand the basics. Also! You do not need to wait for me to release the balls. As you post your character running/flying around the field, you may post them at the quaffle toss up, or going for a bludger, if you wish. If you have any questions, you may PM myself or Diamond Wales. (Newcomers, please check out this thread on How to Play quidditch.)

Deviled Dregs rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 9, 5, 6, 6, 7, 6, 3, 8 Total: 60 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:38 pm
User Image
D E V O N T E
B A N N I S T E R

Year One │ Eleven Years Old │ Slytherin │ Single │ Pureblood

Devonte stretched out while he waited for their official practice to start, and once the quaffle was released into the air, he applied everything he had learned from both Flying class and his father's speeches about how good he was at the game into motion, pushing off into the air and immediately grabbing for it. He may have been the youngest, but that definitely did not mean he was the most timid.

OOC:

Name Here

"You exist because I allow it, and you will end because I demand it."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Position: Chaser
AC: 10
Mods: +2 to stealing the quaffle, +2 to shooting the quaffle
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Dang Healthy, Good Arm
Lives: √ √ √ √
Posts to goal:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:03 pm
Yvonne Moreau
Fifth Year
Slytherin

Well. Yvonne was late. It didn't look good for her, even if she was a (great) beater. Hopefully, it won't cost her the starting player spot.

Username: Utsuha Moon
Character's Name: Yvonne Moreau
Year: 5
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: The bench

[OOC; PLEASE FORGIVE ME ON THIS DUMB POST I WILL MAKE PRETTY THINGS LATER Q VQ]  
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 7, 1, 10, 1, 1, 8, 5, 7 Total: 51 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:31 pm
I see you in my head and eye.
Your eyes are vacant and your mouth is bright.
And all you say are things I don't want to hear...
So I smash my hands against my broken ears...
We'll be the thoughts that you were warned about!
We are the shadows in your basement!
When you say doomsday, they say everything's alright!
But it's all the same, get yourself a number.
Oh, we've been watching you sleep.
We know your tricks, we know all your bad habits...
We know your secrets, we know what you've lost...
We sneak into your closet and have dinner with the skeletons!

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰˢᵉᶜᵒᶰᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Well. He wasn't going to be playing seeker right now, and while Vander would have liked to sulk about that, he wasn't stupid enough to actually try that out. He'd had enough sense to stretch, and he grit his teeth and ran his lap, then flew it, with everyone else before getting in position. Up went the quaffle, up went a first year after it, down went his ego. Vander bit his lip, and swore quietly as he shot up to try and get the quaffle himself. This was going to be fun, he thought sarcastically, especially if he was beat out to it by an eleven year old.

OOC:
Position: Silver Team Chaser
AC: 14
Mods: +2 Catching Snitch
Special Skills: Great Catch, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Catching Up to Snitch:
Seeking Snitch:

Username

All along you've been asking what's wrong with me!
All along you've been living your predicament!
Saying you were innocent, but what's that got to do with me?
We are the cracks in all you dream about!
We are the noises in your attic,
We'll be the people you were warned about!
We are the monsters in your closet!
Now despite your hopes, despite your prayers, you're broke like us.
We watch you when you're asleep, we hear as you grind your teeth...
We're always wearing smiles, but we're never what they seem.
You run when you're awake, but we still kill you when you dream!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:39 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny winced as he heard that he wasn't goingto go immediately for Seeker. Oh well, he'd practiced chaser before too, he just hoped his skills weren't rusty. After stretching and doingthe lap, Kenny was up in the air, his eyes already picking out Devonte getting the quaffle. Narrowing his eyes, he zoomed after the first year and reached out, trying to grab the ball from the kid.

Silver Team Chaser
                                                  Modifiers: +7 for spotting, +7 for catching, +5 for steals and goals
                                                  Final Roll: --
                                                  -/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

[x]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:40 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Playing Keeper
No. of Goals Blocked: 00

Roll: ____ +4 (for blocking goals)= ___________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin smiled a bit when it was said he got to play keeper. It meant that he wouldn't have to bother with all the nonsense of playing 'hot potato' or keep away as a chaser while trying to score. Granted, Benjamin knew it would be a while before he actually would get a real chance at being a keeper, more than likely, as their captain the grouchy Russian usually played the position and Benjamin did decent enough on chaser-not that he was spectacular, and Benjamin wasn't stupid enough to think he was.

Granted, the Russian still insisted on a good lap of running around the field before they mounted the brooms which Benjamin joined in on before mounting his broom and flying up to hover in front of the three goal posts waiting and watching as the two team chasers fought it out for the quaffle. For him he didn't eve have to worry too much about who had the quaffle just how close they were to the goals with the quaffle. Simple enough.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:43 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny bit his lip as he cameaway with the ball and tucked it under his arm. He then flew quickly to get into position to race toward the goals. Well, he was good at stealing. shouldn't have come as a surprise, really. He started back down the pitch, ready to see if someone stole from him.

Silver Team Chaser
                                                  Modifiers: +7 for spotting, +7 for catching, +5 for steals and goals
                                                  Final Roll: 24
                                                  Posts to Goal: 1/3
                                                  -/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

[x]

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 pm
𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Seventeen Years Old
Seventh Year, Captain

”Moreau, you're here. Good. Get in the air, you'll be beater with Mira on the green team,” he explained the teams to her quickly, and moved to join the rest of the players in the air. He figured he ought to give the younger students a bit of a chance and aimed an oncoming bludger at Ashley, hopefully to slow him down and prevent him from stealing.

☭☭☭
        Silver Beater
        AC: 19
        (+7 to hit) (+9 to dodge)
        Great Catch, Hold the Line, Deft Dodger, Quidditch MTA
        Total Roll: 20

Quidditch Uniform 5’9” and 172lbs
//OOC:// If you have any questions, you may PM myself or Diamond Wales. (Newcomers, please check out this thread on How to Play quidditch.)

Green:
Chasers: Ashley, Devonte, and Louis,
Beaters: Mira, Yvonne,

Silver:
Chasers: Camila, Kenneth, Evander,
Beaters: Dmitri

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games