Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Yukina101

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 am
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Hmm...I believe it's been about 2 years
2. How many posts have you made?
On the last count I've seen....198
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes! I enrolled in Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts,...I'm not sure about Transfiguration though.
4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
1. Potions 2.Astronomy
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Nellmara or just Professor Nell for short
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I've actually wanted to teach IRL and figured I could transfer that energy on here. It seems like it would be really cool to teach, especially when almost anything can happen, in which case I'll be well prepared! Also, I think it would be just a tiny bit funny for the Head of Gryffindor to teach Potions.
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
1. Potions will start with reading the required text and sending in the homework answering the question making sure they both read and understood the material. Only after all have sent in the homework would the classwork begin of brewing. I have a few game formats for the actual brewing process in which students will have to post their scores and the result of the potions for their grades and points.

2. For Astronomy I think I'll just continue what Professor Auora was doing telling of the constellations and the stories behind them while assigning homework and stargazing for classwork.
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Vivacious_red is a good one, since she is my employer. But I think techpriest35 would be also since I was in one of his classes. If it was necessary I could ask them to be my references.
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
A penguin! Oh...you mean metaphorically....I have a passion for teaching and learning from both my mistakes and the mistakes of those around me. I can also make learning fun for all in any type of class. I'm not so sure about History but I could sure try!
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Of course!
11.Anything else you would like to add:
Thanks for taking the time to read through this and consider me and if I don't get either position I trust your judgement and loyally take my place as just a Head and continue doing the best I can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 pm
since about august 07
lots i even made top poster for slytherin last term
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
yes i was enrolled in many various classes and i did very well in all of them
charms
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
professor telemar
its always fun to teach the students and see what they can do
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) there will be 3 lessons (i already have them made just need to copy paste)
and there might be a final that is a type of game depending on time if not enough time i will just award points to the people that post a sign in during the final

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
i have not asked for any references but im sure i could get them if i wanted
previous experience and already made lessons for over 7 years of classes
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
i would have no problem subbing for any class that needs help just need a little heads up before hand
11.Anything else you would like to add: hope every one has a great term this year

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 pm
since 09
over 1000
yes and i did all my work and got good grades lol
tAstronomy , care for magical creatures
Professor Grey
enjoyed teaching beofre want to stick to it!
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I will give on lesson per week since it is a short term then i will a final in the end aso classwork is required one every other assignment
avatar34 Tina crying (missing mentor)
I have taught astronomy and care for magical creatures more than once and have a set lesson plan xd

that would be great
11.Anything else you would like to add: Classes are great enjoyement for the instructor, and students, and you get to know your guild members more blaugh .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm
Since Oct of 09
1226+however many since last FC update.
Yes, mostly.
a new class, Woodlore,
and Divination

Professor Quills
Because I can!
4 assignments that will be homework and/or classwork depending on lesson, 2-4 pop quizzes for extra credit and 1 final.
Probably, a couple people said I could list them in the past when I brought up teaching, but I think you guys know me well enough to decide for yourself.
I'm Crystal Quills. Need I say more?
Sure, I guess.
I'm not going to give up on my woodlore class even if you say no! mad I have focus outlines for all levels and lesson outlines for woodlore up to the 4th level and for divination up to the 2nd. Woodlore will be nothing like Herbology, focusing only on wood use in the magic world and NEWT levels will include some wandlore. wink PM if you have questions.

SharpProcess

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:48 pm
Yukina101
Hmm...I believe it's been about 2 years
On the last count I've seen....198
Yes! I enrolled in Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts,...I'm not sure about Transfiguration though.
1. Potions 2.Astronomy
Professor Nellmara or just Professor Nell for short
I've actually wanted to teach IRL and figured I could transfer that energy on here. It seems like it would be really cool to teach, especially when almost anything can happen, in which case I'll be well prepared! Also, I think it would be just a tiny bit funny for the Head of Gryffindor to teach Potions.
1. Potions will start with reading the required text and sending in the homework answering the question making sure they both read and understood the material. Only after all have sent in the homework would the classwork begin of brewing. I have a few game formats for the actual brewing process in which students will have to post their scores and the result of the potions for their grades and points.

2. For Astronomy I think I'll just continue what Professor Auora was doing telling of the constellations and the stories behind them while assigning homework and stargazing for classwork.
Vivacious_red is a good one, since she is my employer. But I think techpriest35 would be also since I was in one of his classes. If it was necessary I could ask them to be my references.
A penguin! Oh...you mean metaphorically....I have a passion for teaching and learning from both my mistakes and the mistakes of those around me. I can also make learning fun for all in any type of class. I'm not so sure about History but I could sure try!
Of course!
Thanks for taking the time to read through this and consider me and if I don't get either position I trust your judgement and loyally take my place as just a Head and continue doing the best I can.
accepted you can open a thread now for your class dont let students join yet though have it ready by march 12th please potions is yours  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:56 pm
techpriest35
since about august 07
lots i even made top poster for slytherin last term
yes i was enrolled in many various classes and i did very well in all of them
charms
professor telemar
its always fun to teach the students and see what they can do
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) there will be 3 lessons (i already have them made just need to copy paste)
and there might be a final that is a type of game depending on time if not enough time i will just award points to the people that post a sign in during the final

i have not asked for any references but im sure i could get them if i wanted
previous experience and already made lessons for over 7 years of classes
i would have no problem subbing for any class that needs help just need a little heads up before hand
11.Anything else you would like to add: hope every one has a great term this year
i accept my own application cause i can  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 pm
Aunt Slappy
since 09
over 1000
yes and i did all my work and got good grades lol
tAstronomy , care for magical creatures
Professor Grey
enjoyed teaching beofre want to stick to it!
I will give on lesson per week since it is a short term then i will a final in the end aso classwork is required one every other assignment
avatar34 Tina crying (missing mentor)
I have taught astronomy and care for magical creatures more than once and have a set lesson plan xd

that would be great
11.Anything else you would like to add: Classes are great enjoyement for the instructor, and students, and you get to know your guild members more blaugh .
astronomy accepted you can open a thread now for your class dont let students join yet though have it ready by march 12th please  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 pm
Mothette x
Since Oct of 09
1226+however many since last FC update.
Yes, mostly.
a new class, Woodlore,
and Divination

Professor Quills
Because I can!
4 assignments that will be homework and/or classwork depending on lesson, 2-4 pop quizzes for extra credit and 1 final.
Probably, a couple people said I could list them in the past when I brought up teaching, but I think you guys know me well enough to decide for yourself.
I'm Crystal Quills. Need I say more?
Sure, I guess.
I'm not going to give up on my woodlore class even if you say no! mad I have focus outlines for all levels and lesson outlines for woodlore up to the 4th level and for divination up to the 2nd. Woodlore will be nothing like Herbology, focusing only on wood use in the magic world and NEWT levels will include some wandlore. wink PM if you have questions.
acepted accepted you can open a thread now for your class dont let students join yet though have it ready by march 12th please  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:34 pm
Hey i am going to make a Care for Magical Creatures course in ten minutes so we have four courses, students can take, since i applied for tht as well, and have done won't take me to long

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:28 am
As a returning professor i think we should have all the basic classes have lessons avaible as a template so that way when none wants to do that class the mods can copy paste and still have it availble and the professors can be like DADA with "new ones" each term  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm
techpriest35
As a returning professor i think we should have all the basic classes have lessons avaible as a template so that way when none wants to do that class the mods can copy paste and still have it availble and the professors can be like DADA with "new ones" each term

Wait can you elaborate i'm not quite getting it...  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:19 am
Sorry in advance about not using colors power running low on my tablet

Ok on the first page of this thread there are several classes listed i say we make each class listed there save them to adonis then each term we have the mods post the classes we made unless some one wants to teach one of those classes
For example we make a potions class super easy level then lets say none of the guild members apply to teach potions we then post the premade lessons and hw for the class and have it run by which ever of the mods have time(after we get up and running of course)  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 pm
◦ ۩ ۞ Hogwarts Teaching Application ۞ ۩ ◦

Since Aug 14, 2013 (so, one month).

66 posts as of this one. (Now at 72 on Sept-16-2013.)

I haven't been in any classes (yet) but I have read through several of them for inspiration and information.

Potions or Transfiguration (though there are many others such as DADA, Apparation or Flying Lessons I wouldn't mind doing).

5. Professor's name and user name, RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required.)
Professor's Name: Mahouko Kotodama or just Professor Mahou // Username: Nikkiquin // Tektek can be found HERE.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts?
I love to study and write activities (as well as design posts). The school seems desperately in need of staff and I have plenty of free time.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like.)
For Potions I am making some pixels to go along with lesson plans. It would be a combination of posting images and text as well as a few well placed dice rolls/number generations. Transfiguration would be very much dice roll based for success/failure. I'd include instructions for RP in the post and a rolling table. I'll explain the other lesson ideas if you'd like me involved in any of them.

Aunt Slappy and I have been corresponding via PM. She knows of my desire to teach Potions and approved it there.

Free time is a big one, but I also have a lot of roleplay experience. I've been on Gaia for a decent amount of time but have been RPing online for about 16 years. Before that I had been pen & paper RPing for around 5 years. ^_^

I would happily fill in anywhere I'm needed.

11. Anything else you would like to add?
I would love to eventually open an Apothecary / Potions shop in the guild. It'd be great if the Wand and ID shops got re-opened at some point. I can't think of anything else I need to add but if you have any questions just let me know. ^_~  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:48 am
Nikkiquin
◦ ۩ ۞ Hogwarts Teaching Application ۞ ۩ ◦

Since Aug 14, 2013 (so, one month).

66 posts as of this one. (Now at 72 on Sept-16-2013.)

I haven't been in any classes (yet) but I have read through several of them for inspiration and information.

Potions or Transfiguration (though there are many others such as DADA, Apparation or Flying Lessons I wouldn't mind doing).

5. Professor's name and user name, RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required.)
Professor's Name: Mahouko Kotodama or just Professor Mahou // Username: Nikkiquin // Tektek can be found HERE.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts?
I love to study and write activities (as well as design posts). The school seems desperately in need of staff and I have plenty of free time.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like.)
For Potions I am making some pixels to go along with lesson plans. It would be a combination of posting images and text as well as a few well placed dice rolls/number generations. Transfiguration would be very much dice roll based for success/failure. I'd include instructions for RP in the post and a rolling table. I'll explain the other lesson ideas if you'd like me involved in any of them.

Aunt Slappy and I have been corresponding via PM. She knows of my desire to teach Potions and approved it there.

Free time is a big one, but I also have a lot of roleplay experience. I've been on Gaia for a decent amount of time but have been RPing online for about 16 years. Before that I had been pen & paper RPing for around 5 years. ^_^

I would happily fill in anywhere I'm needed.

11. Anything else you would like to add?
I would love to eventually open an Apothecary / Potions shop in the guild. It'd be great if the Wand and ID shops got re-opened at some point. I can't think of anything else I need to add but if you have any questions just let me know. ^_~

Accepted for the fall term of 2013 please work on lessons and make the classroom but dont open sign ups yet  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash