Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:36 pm
I am a very slow painter and don't have access to many paints so they're sitting pretty much right where I left them after painting them both blue. I've been pretty lazy lately and I haven't really done much ever since partially assembling my Legion of the Damned.

Of course there really is no reason to get right on anything since I can't play ever .____.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 am
DarkElf27

So I was going down below to pick up some paint because the local store doesn't carry a good stock and never orders s**t...-.-;;

I almost spent a lot of money because they had a pretty good selection of models, much better then my local shop but not the best I've ever seen though. I ended up finding an OG blister of Legion of the Damned which was friggin awesome so now I have a full ten man squad of Legionnaires. Then I also picked up a Chaplin in Terminator armor so now I have two Chaplins and two Librarians and two Captains. I still need to finish painting my Devastator Squad and of course I got my Legion of the Damned all primed, my two original Legionnaires are half painted too but I started adding to the flames of one of them. I'm not really sure how I'm going to paint the flames since that's not something I'm good at...

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

So I was going down below to pick up some paint because the local store doesn't carry a good stock and never orders s**t...-.-;;

I almost spent a lot of money because they had a pretty good selection of models, much better then my local shop but not the best I've ever seen though. I ended up finding an OG blister of Legion of the Damned which was friggin awesome so now I have a full ten man squad of Legionnaires. Then I also picked up a Chaplin in Terminator armor so now I have two Chaplins and two Librarians and two Captains. I still need to finish painting my Devastator Squad and of course I got my Legion of the Damned all primed, my two original Legionnaires are half painted too but I started adding to the flames of one of them. I'm not really sure how I'm going to paint the flames since that's not something I'm good at...
I normally do flames starting with dark red, then orange, then yellow on top. I'd show you some I'd done on my Eldar, but Photobucket seems to be down at the moment. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:36 am
DarkElf27

My first attempt at painting flames on my Legion, I used my old Legion guys I had originally. I used a technique I saw someone use on youtube, he based the flames in Iyanden Darksun and then I did the bottom in dark red then left the middle the Iyanden and painted the tips white.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

My first attempt at painting flames on my Legion, I used my old Legion guys I had originally. I used a technique I saw someone use on youtube, he based the flames in Iyanden Darksun and then I did the bottom in dark red then left the middle the Iyanden and painted the tips white.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
That actually looks pretty awesome. Can you take pictures at a higher resolution? It's hard to make out the detail...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:58 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
That actually looks pretty awesome. Can you take pictures at a higher resolution? It's hard to make out the detail...

I'm afraid not, I don't have access to much picture taking equipment my shitty webcam is pretty much the best I got and the lighting in my room isn't too hot either. Though that's a better picture than it used to take cause I found out it had a zoom function. It's not a masterpiece I tell you that but it's good enough for tabletop I think.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

r0guish

Hilarious Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:27 pm
So.. I'm at a total stand-still with the painting of my Tau.

Very conflicted. Bright would be a change for me, and it almost seems right for the Tau. But right now most of my colors are in the range of.. Darker colors.

I'unno. The bright colors I do have is Screaming Skull, Wazdaka Red, Ungor Flesh, Straken Green..

Drawing a blank. Anyway. Aside from a few combinations, the rest seem really out of place or drab or very.. Chaos-y?

Helllp meeee.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 pm
Frenzy of Death
So.. I'm at a total stand-still with the painting of my Tau.

Very conflicted. Bright would be a change for me, and it almost seems right for the Tau. But right now most of my colors are in the range of.. Darker colors.

I'unno. The bright colors I do have is Screaming Skull, Wazdaka Red, Ungor Flesh, Straken Green..

Drawing a blank. Anyway. Aside from a few combinations, the rest seem really out of place or drab or very.. Chaos-y?

Helllp meeee.

Well, me and my friend talked about how to paint the small amount of Tau that I...Ended up with. And I think that a bright green on black was a cool color to go with, but that's just my opinion and my favorite color happens to be green...>___>;;

Sometimes I kind of wish I had gone with the Salamanders paint scheme...

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 am
Got my old Devastators back together now!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:39 am
Volan d Vol
*tilts head* Did they fall apart at some point in the past?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

No no, they were one of the ones I was trying to get the paint off of so I could re-paint them nicer. I painted my original Devastator squad when I was like fifteen and they looked like crap so now I have been slowly but surely re-painting them. I painted their chest pieces so I was able to put all their arms and weapons back on them so now they're all together again.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:48 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

No no, they were one of the ones I was trying to get the paint off of so I could re-paint them nicer. I painted my original Devastator squad when I was like fifteen and they looked like crap so now I have been slowly but surely re-painting them. I painted their chest pieces so I was able to put all their arms and weapons back on them so now they're all together again.
Ahh, so did you decide whether to magnetize the weapons?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:33 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Ahh, so did you decide whether to magnetize the weapons?

No I didn't, it would have been more trouble than it's worth and besides, they're all heavy weapons so there was really no reason to magnetize them for other options. I have enough regular marines to make Tactical Squads so there was no reason to be able to try to convert them to something different.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:49 am
Volan d Vol

No I didn't, it would have been more trouble than it's worth and besides, they're all heavy weapons so there was really no reason to magnetize them for other options. I have enough regular marines to make Tactical Squads so there was no reason to be able to try to convert them to something different.
Fair enough, for some reason I thought the devastators came with the options for all the heavy weapons. whee  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 am
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Fair enough, for some reason I thought the devastators came with the options for all the heavy weapons. whee

My Devastators only have certain weapons so I can't equip them differently, they're pretty old.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff