Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:20 pm
Yes Samulin, I have Patriotism, but unlike other Americans, Mine does not go "Thats it, you made a slightly offensive gesture at us, I'm gonna bomb the s**t outta ya for a week and then declare war with you,". I don't like how america is going.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:23 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Yes Samulin, I have Patriotism, but unlike other Americans, Mine does not go "Thats it, you made a slightly offensive gesture at us, I'm gonna bomb the s**t outta ya for a week and then declare war with you,". I don't like how america is going.

I agree, but for different resons. But yeah, it is all right to make fun of your own country, as long as you keep it in line.  

Relkin9

Samulin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:33 pm
Relkin9
Drachyench_The_Eternal

I agree, but for different resons. But yeah, it is all right to make fun of your own country, as long as you keep it in line.

Mine doesnt go that far either. When have we declared war on someone who made an offensive gesture towards us?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:33 pm
Cannot think of A single time.  

Relkin9

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:40 pm
The major flaw I can see is this: We declared war with Iraq, (and this was the MAIN, as in, the Reason we did it most) because they Possessed 'Weapons Of Mass Destruction', yet we are still to find even 1 weapon......  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:40 pm
Relkin9
Cannot think of A single time.

We have always went into war AFTER an horrible event had befallen us.
ex. 9-11, WW2, WW1, Revolution, others
the exception was the Civil War.  

Samulin

Relkin9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:44 pm
Actually, the Civil war was almost as bad as any of those. Our nation was quite literally torn in two. That is A DAMN good reason to go to war. As to Iraq, I say even if the motives are questionable, it was still A good idea. We got rid of A Mass Murderer, and that is worth it at least.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:50 pm
Relkin9
Actually, the Civil war was almost as bad as any of those. Our nation was quite literally torn in two. That is A DAMN good reason to go to war. As to Iraq, I say even if the motives are questionable, it was still A good idea. We got rid of A Mass Murderer, and that is worth it at least.

Thats my opinion as well, we could not risk him having those weapons.  

Samulin

Relkin9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:53 pm
Actually, I doubt there were ever any weapons of mass destruction. Just bio-toxins.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:56 pm
Relkin9
Actually, I doubt there were ever any weapons of mass destruction. Just bio-toxins.

Bio toxins are worse than weapons of mass destruction in my opinion. lets think about it. would you rather be incenerated instantly ina ball of fire or a slow painful death with your body falls apart from some toxin?  

Samulin

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:02 pm
Samulin
Relkin9

Bio toxins are worse than weapons of mass destruction in my opinion. lets think about it. would you rather be incenerated instantly ina ball of fire or a slow painful death with your body falls apart from some toxin?
but society is backwards. outlaw napalm, but not nukes. which is quicker?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:07 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Samulin
Relkin9

but society is backwards. outlaw napalm, but not nukes. which is quicker?

Nukes are quicker but have worse .... reprections(SP?), that im sure we all know, what irritates me about the napalm was that we spent million on making it then we....... get rid of it. i see no logic in that. why didnt we just store it like me did out nukes?  

Samulin

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:10 pm
Whats with this new "quit guild" option?

General Error

You cannot quit a guild that you own, THINK OF THE CHILDREN, WHERE WILL THEY GO?

« Back to Gaia Online Forum Index

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:11 pm
Oi! Oi! I started this, and I'm going to finish it!

England also has had it's up and downs in war (e.g. The 100 year war with France, WFT!?! They fought a war for fun!?!), and the whole Iraq was pretty stupid. Why make up some dossier about fake weapons? Why not tell us that Saddam was mass murdering his own people? That would have people voting for an invasion rather that having them piss themselves in fear that they might to wiped off the map in the next 45 minutes!

But still, sometimes Patronism is a bad thing. Plus, I believe that America allows free speech?  

The Death Masque

Samulin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:13 pm
DarkElf27
Whats with this new "quit guild" option?

General Error

You cannot quit a guild that you own, THINK OF THE CHILDREN, WHERE WILL THEY GO?

« Back to Gaia Online Forum Index

Thats quite funny. i noticed the option as well.
...... why were you trying to quit? or were you exploring?

Oh and yeah we do have freedom of expression. dont you guys?  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games