Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:59 am
can a pokemon join a trainer's party of their own volition?
I am trying to force a pokemon on my trainer without him taking active role of catching it.

also can you skip gym?
like skipping cerulean gym and go to challenge celadon gym instead?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:18 am
amarzyciel
can a pokemon join a trainer's party of their own volition?
I am trying to force a pokemon on my trainer without him taking active role of catching it.

also can you skip gym?
like skipping cerulean gym and go to challenge celadon gym instead?

You have to challenge the gyms in order, but yes, pokemon can join a trainer's team of their own volition, so long as they've already been earned (ie rolled for and defeated in battle, or gained through a give away or event). You can have them catch themselves, have other pokemon catch them, have them get caught by some strange fluke series of events, etc : ) It's fairly open

A Lazy Samurai

Yes, that's fine ^^ Three user's can certainly have their characters start in the lab at the same time, if that's what they want. Whoever's playing the Professor will simply tend to them at the same time.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:42 am
The link to Lavender City in Rock Tunnel leads to the Kanto League instead.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24623723

Edit: Lavender Town doesn't list the Pokemon Tower as a connected location.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:39 am
Hello! New to the guild, looking forward to getting my Poke-Groove on.

Just a question concerning posting. I know you say posts should be around 3-4 lines at least. I'm just wondering if it is possible to stack posts altogether, so instead of having about five posts of 3-4 lines, I would have for example...one post with five paragraphs of 3-4 lines?

Just makes it cleaner and adds a bit more clarity y'know?

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Takaho

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:57 am
A Lazy Samurai
The link to Lavender City in Rock Tunnel leads to the Kanto League instead.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24623723

Edit: Lavender Town doesn't list the Pokemon Tower as a connected location.

Thank you for pointing that out : ) Both have been edited

Takaho

Just a question concerning posting. I know you say posts should be around 3-4 lines at least. I'm just wondering if it is possible to stack posts altogether, so instead of having about five posts of 3-4 lines, I would have for example...one post with five paragraphs of 3-4 lines?

Appreciate it. Thanks.

3-5 lines is the minimum ^^ You can make a post as long as you want, however, it will still only count for one post. So you can't make a very long post and say it counts as three, and then move on, and you can't add any more than one post count or exp counts : ) But you are more than welcome to write longer posts.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:59 pm
Takaho

A Lazy Samurai

You're not allowed to start anywhere but in a Professor's lab.  

immortal reinhardt

Fortunate Abductee

4,550 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 pm
SD Paul Prospero
Takaho

A Lazy Samurai

Whoops, our bad. We'll post in the Lab, then edit our posts after. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Takaho

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Loonamist
3-5 lines is the minimum ^^ You can make a post as long as you want, however, it will still only count for one post. So you can't make a very long post and say it counts as three, and then move on, and you can't add any more than one post count or exp counts : ) But you are more than welcome to write longer posts.

Is there any particular reason for it? Just seems like it would de clutter threads, especially if someone is posting 50 times for say, the lucky egg. Also just keeps stuff flowing.

Even if every 3-4 lines I go

1/50 or something similar.

SD Paul Prospero
Taka - My bad. I'll post in the lab and then just edit my post to say it occured prior to getting my Pokemon.

Takaho

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:16 pm
SD Paul Prospero
Takaho

A Lazy Samurai

Thank you for mentioning that, SD Paul 3nodding

Takaho
Is there any particular reason for it? Just seems like it would de clutter threads, especially if someone is posting 50 times for say, the lucky egg. Also just keeps stuff flowing.

Even if every 3-4 lines I go

1/50 or something similar.

SD Paul Prospero
Taka - My bad. I'll post in the lab and then just edit my post to say it occured prior to getting my Pokemon.

Because 3-5 lines is the bare minimum-- we want people posting more that on a regular basis, but we understand that writer's block and such happens.

Which means that we would have to come up with an alternative 'baseline' to say how much a 'post' would count for, and would then have to count how much people are doing in a post to make sure it fits the requirement, instead of just being able to make sure they did three good-sized posts to move on, or however many they need to interact with a pokemon, etc. And then everyone would have to keep track of how much they're writing, too, in order to know how many 'posts' they're doing in each post, so that they know how many counters/exp to do.

We'd rather people just post, and if they want to split things up, they can, but the 3-5 shouldn't be the goal, but rather a guideline not to drop below. Like I said, though, we understand that training/traveling/ writer's block can make it hard, but we don't want people to be trying to just write 3-5 lines to get the bare minimum credit for the post count/exp  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:32 pm
Loonamist

Because 3-5 lines is the bare minimum-- we want people posting more that on a regular basis, but we understand that writer's block and such happens.

Which means that we would have to come up with an alternative 'baseline' to say how much a 'post' would count for, and would then have to count how much people are doing in a post to make sure it fits the requirement, instead of just being able to make sure they did three good-sized posts to move on, or however many they need to interact with a pokemon, etc. And then everyone would have to keep track of how much they're writing, too, in order to know how many 'posts' they're doing in each post, so that they know how many counters/exp to do.

We'd rather people just post, and if they want to split things up, they can, but the 3-5 shouldn't be the goal, but rather a guideline not to drop below. Like I said, though, we understand that training/traveling/ writer's block can make it hard, but we don't want people to be trying to just write 3-5 lines to get the bare minimum credit for the post count/exp

Okay that's fine. I get it.

It was more just for aesthetics really. Feels odd splitting my paragraphs up by posts. I'm ridiculously fine with posting more.

Thanks.

Takaho

immortal reinhardt

Fortunate Abductee

4,550 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:40 pm
Loonamist

You can go ahead and just call me Chris. Or, Paul.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Takaho
Loonamist

Okay that's fine. I get it.

It was more just for aesthetics really. Feels odd splitting my paragraphs up by posts. I'm ridiculously fine with posting more.

Thanks.

Alrighty ^^ And no worries, I understand. It was a little strange for me to get used to when i started doing it, too.

And no problem : ) Let me know if I can help with anything else

SD Paul Prospero
Loonamist

You can go ahead and just call me Chris. Or, Paul.

Ah! Alright, thank you Chris ^^  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

xxxmamoru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:17 pm
How does deciding on moves a Pokémon would know in the beginning work?

I'm assuming we're going off Serebii for the most part, so say I've got a Slowpoke (Level 5). What moves would it know?

It learns Growl at L5, so it could have that. Would it also be able to have Curse/Yawn/Tackle, since they're all just Level "-" on the site, only have Growl until you level it more, or...? If I've missed an explanation for this somewhere, my bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:00 pm
So I can't seem to find certain Pokemon, I look up their areas on Serebii but they aren't there. I keep finding Boldore but can't find Roggenrola anywhere. I'm also in Virbank City and it's the only place I've seen Sewaddle so I'm going to be searching here until I get the lucky number or run out of Pokemon posts.  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:48 pm
With the new Halloween event I have two questions, the first one being.

How do we complete the two challenge s?

I read the thread but it seems a tad to confusing for me. What I mean is it says how it works but it doesn't exactly say how you win them.

My second question is simple.

Can you claim event items and megastones for completing week three?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games